“Great Mexican”

Gustavo's Mexican Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #10 of 69 Restaurants in Cortez
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 3 August 2017

One of the best Mexican restaurants I have ever eaten at. The food was excellent, I thought it was very Mexican authentic. Good cold beer and my wife had a great Mango Margarita. Excellent service and pretty good prices. Clean restrooms,

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Gustavo's Mexican Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed 28 July 2017

Stopped in with my brother and had lunch. They have changed their name from El Burro Pancho to Gustavo's which I like and the food has not changed at all. It's still very good. The service is great also with exceptional salsa.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Motel staff was eager to send us to another restaurant but I wanted Mexican food. Checked TripAdvisor app and saw this place. Cannot say enough good things. Food was excellent. Nice authentic food. Enormous portions. I had verde pork. My plate was the size of a pizza pan. A real find!!!

Reviewed 23 July 2017

The place was nice and the server very sweet BUT the guac was very odd. It had so many onions in it that it ruined it. I get it that restaurants use tons of onions and tomatoes as 'filler' since avocados are expensive but I would pay more for good guacamole. Also being raised in NM and eating tons of Mexican food, I must say I have never had carrots and other veggies in my rice but hey maybe they make it that way where they come from.
Did not care for the red sauce. Tasted like it was from a can. I realize I am a Mexican food snob but this was not very good. I probably won't be back.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

I was disappointed in this restaurant. Service was good. I ordered shrimp tacos. Shrimp was cut into tiny pieces. I might have had 1 small shrimp in each taco. Not much flavor in the taco. Beans and rice were good.

Been to Gustavo's Mexican Restaurant & Bar? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK