See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We had booked online. This is older property but owner moved his car, without being asked so we could park both of ours. We had had a long day so did not need FANCY. TV very good and we had a good sleep for much less than other properties in Cortez.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Booked with booking.com. showed $55 plus tax. Got there and said I paid for single bed not double. And that was an extra $20. Then they didn't want my dogs in the room even though they say pet friendly. For what I paid and the smell of the room I could have gone down the street!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2017

In general I like this place. It is one of the cheapest hotels in Cortez. My first visit, the cost was less (I came the second time on Memorial weekend). I was disappointed with the lack of internet (it kept dropping), the fuzziness of the tv channels (not all), the toilet seemed to have a loose handle for flushing. Other than that, the bed was comfortable, though I had to run the fan so I wouldn't hear the loud refrigerator. That could have been solved by unplugging if I didn't have a drink in there. I would go back, but I keep having a problem with the internet, I might just go elsewhere in the future, that is a deal beaker for me.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2017

I called the hotel directly in advance to reserve a queen bed for $59, their lowest price. Upon checking in, they gave me my credit card receipt, which was $11.09 greater than it should have been. This was because they put us in a king-size bed, which they charge $10 more for. As they had already processed my credit card, it was too late to change it, they said. They didn't provide a breakdown of the room charges (i.e. room plus tax), just the credit card slip. When I said to the manager whom I spoke with that my reservation was for a queen bed for $59 plus tax, he gave me $5 cash back. But he should have given me $11.09 back. I didn't quibble over the additional $6.09, but I have experienced this type of "bait and switch" routine before. Then, around midnight, someone was trying to enter our room with a room key. I yelled that we were in the room, and when they came back with the manager, I overheard the manager say they made a mistake and someone (us) were already in the room. That should never happen.

On the positive side, the room was clean, had a refrigerator and microwave, and the shower was fine. It would have been worth $59 plus tax. But, the fact they charged me more than my reservation was for by up-charging me into a larger bed, combined with allowing someone else to try to enter our room while we were sleeping, leads me to give this hotel a "terrible" review. There are plenty of other low-priced options to choose from in Cortez, CO.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

Price was cheap they allow dogs room was clean and good size it has a small fridge and microwave. It even has a smart TV with cable and netflix. Also has free WiFi and it's right across the street from a convenient store.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family