All reviewsdog parkfire pitbathrooms and showersgreat campgroundtenting sitecleaning timesbasketball courtmesa verdepool closesnice walkinglaundry roompicnic tablesgreat poolsleeping ute mountainstaff was friendlyour night stayan update
Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

Three strikes your out! Tried KOA's in the past always thought it was they are to expensive. Anyways only good thing i can say is the staff was nice. The site they put us in was terrible. No grass, no trees, no vegetation of any kind!?! This is Colorado right? Don't get me wrong not all the sites were as distasteful as ours. Yet no grass throughout the entire park. We have a 9 mo old, 3 yr old, & a 15 & 16 yr old. So it was no fun for them or us adults trying to enjoy ourselves on small, jagged, sharp rocks! This site seriously looked like over flow, or storage area. But nope it was a regular site. And for the price definitely not worth it, we were told at check in, "We're the best!" Uh... no your not.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2016

The campground physically was fine. However, the owners are hostile, ignorant, and have zero customer service skills.
Long story short, we were in the area visiting relatives. When my relatives tried to visit me in the campground, the owners chased them down, were very hostile to my disabled uncle, and down right ignorant and rude to them and me, When we tried to resolve the issue they made my relatives, me, and my family feel extremely small, and honestly scared to be there, when we did absolutely nothing wrong. All my aunt and uncle were trying to do was drop off some pizza for my children and I after a long day being tourists in the are.
I will never return to the KOA, and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank heatherhubert
Reviewed 9 June 2016

Dirt roads, gravel campsites. We have a 31 foot Class A Motorhome with a tow vehicle. Pull thru sites. The only issue we had was that we were put in a 30 AMP site when we first arrived when I had requested a 50 AMP. My original confirmation showed 50 AMP but my revised confirmation did not show any AMP at all. The staff kindly put us in a 50 AMP campsite. Did not use any of the facilities here. Campground is near Denny Lake and there is a Nature Trail well worth walking around. Lot of various birds, beautiful flowers and views of snow capped mountains off to the east. Only 8 miles from Mesa Verde National Park turnoff.

Room Tip: This is a campsite. Not too many trees other than when you enter the campground.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2016

We will not go back to this KOA. We attempted to contact them several times before our arrival date via phone and email. We never received any responses back. The staff was rude and unhelpful. We were pushed out of the site as soon as we checked out. We weren't even allowed in the bathrooms following checkout. We will NOT return to this KOA.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2016

We have just returned from a Memorial Day weekend trip to Cortez. Initially, I would have left a very positive review. The campground was very clean with nice amenities. We were traveling with another family and were accommodated with adjacent sites. On the last day, however, we were treated horribly by the owner. Knowing check-out time was 11am, we all ensured we were out of site before then. At around 10:45 (as soon as the pool opened), my friend and I took our three boys, ages 6, 8, and 9 to the pool for a quick swim while our husbands emptied the sewers. The men parked the campers near the entrance, out of the way, and met us at the pool. We had a 5 hour drive and wanted the kids to burn off some energy before we left. At 11:25, the owner came over to us and began YELLING at us, that check out time was 11 and we were no longer welcome to use the amenities. They even went so far as to say we could not use the restrooms without paying for another night. We had been there 3 nights and are very responsible, respectful people. I have never experienced such a lack of professionalism or hospitality in my life. To make matters worse, this was in front of our children. He kept saying "you need to teach your kids to follow the rules!! Check-out time is 11!!!" We were out of our site before 11. There was no one at the pool and the campground was mostly empty. I'm very disappointed. We had no idea we were doing anything wrong. I'm still in shock!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family