“Beautiful little sushi joint”

Stonefish Sushi & More
Ranked #14 of 69 Restaurants in Cortez
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 22
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are located in the heart of old downtown Cortez four businesses west of the crosswalk at Market and Main on the north side of the street. The surrounding blocks are bustling with activity and fine restaurants. The Cortez Cultural Center is just behind our patio and our local public radio station is across the street. Our newspapers are in the same building. Our seafood arrives fresh from Seattle Seafood in Denver. Our greens are local in season and our menu is superb. Please join us for dinner or lunch. We're always glad to welcome you, your family, including children and bicycle parking is available near the front door. See you soon, Brandon and Mel
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Stonefish has a beautiful and cozy interior. I saw at the bar as I was traveling solo. The bartender was friendly and you could tell that it is a tight knit community.

I enjoyed two drinks and the Sea of Cortez - a sashimi "chef's choice" platter. It had tuna, white tuna, yellowtail and egg. Plentiful and yummy! Don't be hesitant to stop by, it is a gem.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Stonefish Sushi & More

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Really enjoyed the fish. Sushi came out quickly. The Ranger role was awesome! Loved the meal, I highly recommend.

1  Thank Gregg M
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

While not a big fan of rolls, this place does it with flair and adds a kick of local mexican flair to their rolls. The food is great but beware the deep fried Oreo dessert as it takes on the flavor of deep fried sushi and is a little bothersome and fishy...although it sounded divine...

1  Thank Mark107
Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

I've been here a few times before and it always seems nice to be here.
Great sushi menu items. I love that they offer jalapeños in their sushi rolls, something you don't find everywhere. Great staff! Definitely coming back.

1  Thank voskidude
Reviewed 27 February 2017

I do not like sushi so I was not happy to go here. HOWEVER, I found an incredible variety of vegetarian suschi and alternative offers that were delicious!!!! Our dinner group had three vegetarians, two gluten free, one lactose intolerant and one anti seafood of any kind. Not only were there choices for everyone, the food was delicious. I had a suschi wrap of rice, chicken breast tempura and jalapeno that was terrific. My husband had a wonderful Salmon entree. We had a spicey edame appetizer that was a perfect choice. This restaurant is the top of our travel list!!!!!! The deserts-split em'!

1  Thank Renee F