“Ok food, good salad bar, GREAT green chili”

Jack and Janelle's Country Kitchen
Ranked #17 of 73 Restaurants in Cortez
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 5 January 2018

This restaurant location has been around cortez for a long time many owners have come and gone, the food here is comfortable and uncomplicated the atmosphere is the same, don't expect a complicated menu and fancy plate presentation it is just honest food and honest service.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

The food is average. The chicken fried steak was a little tough, and the ice tea did not have much flavor. They had a nice salad bar and the potato soup I had was very tasty. I was a little disappointed when the waitress would not sell us any hushpuppies as they were just offered with the fish buffet. The owner was very nice and we would probably return if we find ourselves traveling through Cortez again.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

They have the best French dip and green chili burger in town!! Super friendly staff and environment.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

The price is right! The one egg breakfast comes with hash browns, choice of meat and toast or biscuit for about $7. The children's menu is available for anyone and you can get the same meal for about half price. My egg was cooked over medium, which can be hard to get, but my biscuit was cold. We arrived when breakfast, lunch or dinner was available and the passing hamburger and fries I saw looked very good.
The place is friendly and the service is good. I rated this restaurant as 'very good' because I would go back - and order the burger..

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

We are summer visitors to Cortez and Dolores and have eaten here many times. Nothing fancy and both Jack and Jannelle are very friendly people. Breakfast was good and eggs and sausage were cooked the way we ordered. You won’t go away hungry. Also jack gave us a senior citizen discount when I paid. Another review mention a musty smell at the entrance and they should address that. I have smelled it on other visits but food is good so it didn’t bother me. For a little effort patio could be made really appealing. Sometimes owners of long time restaurants can’t see the forest for the trees. I’ve been there and done that!