“Big Servings, Fast Service”

Jack and Janelle's Country Kitchen
Ranked #16 of 69 Restaurants in Cortez
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 17 July 2017

Met both Jack and Janelle during the course of our breakfast. Delightful and down-to-earth people. Ask them how they ended up in Cortez! From reading other reviews, I had to try their chicken-fried steak. Large, thick, not over-breaded. You will not leave hungry, and probably not without a to-go box for the leftovers!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Jack and Janelle's Country Kitchen

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Had lunch here while staying at Sundance RV Park. Service was efficient. Hubby had the special of liver and onions. "Yuck". Very good he thought. The fresh vegetables with the dinner were good. I had half a turkey sandwich and one trip to the salad bar. Both average. Got dessert to go pecan pie was good. I ordered berry cobbler did not check and got apple pie, but also was good. Not sure if I would return or try somewhere else. No complaints except the order mix up.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

My husband and I were in Cortez for a couple of days.........we tried this restaurant at the recommendation of the motel owner....... however, Cortez is not known for a large array of places to eat.........my husband had the sirloin steak which he said was good. I am not a big meat eater so I ordered the veggie sandwich, which was so-so....... but what caught my attention when we walked in the door was the list of desserts....... when looking at the list the owner, Jack told me he had just taken the cake out of the oven for the strawberry shortcake.....I ordered and it was fabulous!! I ate a few bites and thought I should take a picture. This is something that you should definitely order....... everyone that worked there was nice and attentive!!

Reviewed 29 June 2017

This place is great! Great food! Great staff! Home style cooking...you can't go wrong! Meeting Jack and Janelle where icing on the cake. Good people!

Reviewed 29 June 2017

We went for dinner. One family member found a frozen French fry in his dinner. How does that even happen? We handed it to the waitress who said nothing but took it away. I am sure she felt that it was cold as ice. While she was gone another family member found a long black hair on her salad. The waitress was busy so we didn't even bother telling her about the hair after we got no response from the frozen French fry. There was a sense of uncleanliness. We do not plan to return.