“Steve, Dave and Bob”
Review of Taste of India

Taste of India
Ranked #20 of 73 Restaurants in Cortez
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

We have collectively eaten in the best Indian restaurants on at least four continents and we’re not expecting to find much in Cortez CO in the middle of Mexican food country.

How wrong we were!!!!

Taste of India, owned by two brothers who have run Indian restaurants in a dozen or more states, was the most pleasant surprise we could have ever found!! Absolutely five-star cuisine, excellent prices and impeccable service! Wow!!!! Don’t miss this restaurant if you like Indian food. A real gem and a totally unexpected find!! Thank you Raju and Naresh for a wonderful, memorable experience!!!

3  Thank Steven W

Reviewed 10 January 2018

We've eaten here about 3 times at this point (2 sit-down meals, 1 take-out) and each time were treated to excellent food and service. The owner explained dishes to us and one time treated us to a specially-made hot sauce. The prices are a bit on the high side, but the portions are generous, so we always take food home--for the money, we get at least two meals out of one. With several vegetarian dishes, meat dishes, a variety of breads, and appetizers, there's something for everyone. If you love Indian food or are looking to try new flavors, give this restaurant a try.

Reviewed 17 December 2017

We wandered in here after we left Mesa Verde National Park and were driving through Cortez. We like Indian Food and Indian Restaurants are good places to get Vegan and Vegetarian Food. These guys do a good job on the food, the flavors and quality are good. The prices are very fair also.

Reviewed 17 December 2017

I just don't know much about Indian food, so I'm not sure if this was bad food or I just don't like the flavors, but everything looked like it had already been digested, tasted awful and presentation was lacking for the price. Atmosphere is terrible, service just okay. I felt a little sick for a couple days after, and would never go back.

Reviewed 15 December 2017

I've eaten here a few dozen times since they opened and every meal I've had has been excellent & filling! The menu has a wide variety from appetizers to desserts, and the main dishes can be adjusted to the exact amount of spiciness desired. The naan breads are simply the best I've had, and I've eaten in a wide variety of Indian restaurants. The owner is very friendly and accommodating, too.
I rarely give 5 star reviews for anything, but Taste of India has earned this one.

Been to Taste of India? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK