“I Love Hot Springs” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hot Springs

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Whitehouse Texas
18 helpful votes
“I Love Hot Springs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2006

Hot Springs Arkansas is a beautiful City. Bath House Row is a must see with all of the Historic spas.The Ozark Bath House Spa is a Museum, admission is free, It's interesting but some of the old equipment is scary looking. Across the road from the Bath Houses is a row of antique stores, gift shops and resturants. The observation tower is awesome. It costs about $5 per person and you can ride up in a glass elevator. The tower is 216 feet tall and it sits on top of a mountain. I have been to Hot Springs Arkansas 5 times and I love it. The air is clean and smells fresh. I am planning to visit again within the next 3 months.

6 Thank Lori M
Lacombe,La
32 helpful votes
“lookout tower overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2005

We took the car tour of the national park. We then went to the lookout tower. It was nice but not worth the $6.00 for adults. I think $3.00 would have been a better price.

1 Thank noslippers
West Monroe, Louisiana
23 helpful votes
“lots of family fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2004

I am 38 years old and have been making trips to Hot Springs National Park all my life. When I was a little girl, my parents took me camping at Lake Ouachita State Park. Now, my husband and I take our two children to the Park. Lake Ouachita State Park is extremely clean and well run. The campsites are well maintained and a park ranger patrols the area frequently. There are so many things a family can do....hike trails, fish, swim, boat, etc. Throughout the year, the State Park has different family oriented programs such as seeing the first eagles arriving to nest. As far as downtown Hot Springs, there are lots of things to see and do. Bathhouse Row is where you can take a thermal bath, take a tour of the bathhouses or take a stroll along the Promenade. There is a small aquarium for the little ones, a wax museum for the entire family and lots of shops to browse in. Some of the items sold are quite expensive and some are quite "cheesy" but youc an find something for everyone. There a some quaint little delis and you can buy a huge ice cream cone. When staying in downtown Hot Springs, we stay at the Downtowner Hotel & Spa. This is one of the older hotels but is very very well maintained. They offer many different packages for both single and families. They have a boutique and a restaurant on the premises. Magic Springs and Crystal Falls is a theme park and water park in one. For just one low price, you can visit both in one day. There are rides for both the children and the adults in your group. Don't miss the Arkansas Twister and Big Bad John! For some of the best barbeque you have ever tasted, check out McLard's on Hwy. 270. The restaurant is family owned and operated and has great barbeque and tamales. For the kids in your group, you can check out Mid America Museum. This is a hands-on museum where kids are encouraged to touch everything they can get their hands on. There are also several mini-putts and go kart tracks around town too. You could spend three to four days in Hot Springs and have a great time and it won't kill your budget! I would recommend that everyone experience Hot Springs. I don't think you will be disappointed.

10 Thank mickeystoontown
A TripAdvisor Member
“Wow ! Art on he corner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2003

Loved the historic town of Hot Springs,Ar. Art on the corner was great and it was free. There was four levels of walk way covered with artists painting,drawing.sculpting.potting and carving. While wandering around watching the artists demonstrate their talents we also were constanly entertained by several singers and various types of musicans. Thee were even occsional dancers. I plan to go to the next art on the corner event on Setember. The art center is the one who puts it on.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Hot Springs? Share your experiences!