“DON'T STAY HERE!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hot Springs

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hot Springs
Ranked #18 of 44 Hotels in Hot Springs
Millington, Tennessee, United States
“DON'T STAY HERE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

This place is HORRIBLE! The breakfast was disgusting, there was no air on the elevator or stairwell, the elevator went out the last night of our stay and the license inside for the elevatore expired 4 months ago. There was a foul odor in our room and our room was not cleaned the entire time we were here (4 days). I requested a room on a lower floor and was told there were none available even though I booked my room 6 weeks prior to visiting Hot Springs. Spend the extra money and go to Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Go to Holiday Inn
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Heather H
, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hot Springs, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We do apologize for the breakfast and for the inconvenience of the elevator breaking the last night of your stay. We would like to make things right and discuss this further. Please contact us at CCare@carlsonrezidor.com. ~Dana
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
new jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

My wife and I have stayed in Hot Springs on at least 3 other occasions. 2 of the hotels are situated in the older section of Hot Springs on the other end of central ave near the famous bathhouses. The only issue we had was the firmness of the beds. A bit too firm for our tastes. The hotel offered free high speed internet, free breakfast and is situated in the middle of everything. The fitness center and indoor pool are small but remember where you are staying. Our room was clean and the front desk was very polite and helpful. Please don't expect to find a 4 star hotel in Hot Springs. Whether you stay in a 1 star or 4 star, your rooms should be clean and things need to be in working order. For the price, this hotel more than fits the bill.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jerseytraveller_8
Pegram, TN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

Average at best. It's 4 walls and a bed with free internet and breakfast. If you aren't spending a lot of time in the room, it will be fine. We had 4 people (2 adults, 2 kids) in one 'suite' for 3 nights and I for one couldn't wait to get out of there. While there was nothing wrong with it, it just isn't a comfortable place. The staff was accommodating and nice, though.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Texarkana, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

I checked into a room yesterday for 3 nights. I left in the afternoon to drive around & see some sights I had not seen in a long time & when returning to the room later, I noticed that the carpet was filthy. I took pics & went to front desk to see about getting another room. The clerk (very friendly) showed me 3 more rooms. All were the same so she called her manager & they did refund the money, but it was not back into the account last night. I did find another room! A very clean room for less money!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Sherry L

Travellers are raving about these Hot Springs hotels

Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

I took some students here to a conference. Upon checking in, I stated I would need to use a different method of payment upon leaving and was told that was okay. Alas, upon checkout, the desk clerk informed me the card had been charged upon booking, which a main reason I chose this hotel was because my regular hotel was going to charge the card a month prior to the trip. This has caused some issues with moving funds around at my place of employment. Upon entering the room, the alarm clock and lights were not working. After we pulled back the end table, we noticed they were unplugged for some reason. I was pleased to find a mini fridge in the room. The bathroom had some hairs left over from the last visit both days (we stayed two nights) and the soap was thrown away by the maid, yet she left the ice bucket and did not replace the cups. I was happy there was a gym but disappointed when I arrived to find some weights and an old, home-grade treadmill. The locations was good, within walking distance to Kroger and the mall, with The Bleu Monkey right next door. The breakfast had a pretty good selection: waffles, oranges, biscuits, gravy, eggs, sausage one morning and small chicken patties the other, English muffins, bagels, muffins, cereals, coffees and juices. There was a delicious cookie available in the evenings as well. The parking was very close to the building. All in all, it was somewhere to sleep, but not a place you would go if you were going to be spending a lot of time in your room.

Room Tip: There are several rooms that I would ask to NOT have (which are about half in the hotel): Not by th...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business