“Spent the night in a cabin ”

Lake Catherine State Park
Ranked #12 of 84 things to do in Hot Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: Offers good hikes, but it can be humid.
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Lake Catherine is very pretty. The beach is a little small and can get crowded. We stayed in a cabin. We had a beautiful view from the back porch. The cabin was very spacious and very clean. But it needs some updating. The couch was so saggy it was uncomfortable to even sit on. Both queen beds sagged so much in the middle that it was hard to have two people sharing a bed. Even my 10 year old rolled right to the center. Getting back to town is a long drive. Bring food or eat before you go. There is a small market/Cafe but it was closed on Sunday.

All reviews
in 31 reviews
"sites"
in 30 reviews

Reviewed 11 June 2018

My husband, myself, our dog and two friends tent camped for the weekend. We were lucky enough to have a site on the water. It's a nice park we hiked, rented a canoe and did some swimming. Very peaceful and nice campground. We will be back for sure.

2  Thank proudmomma7
Reviewed 27 May 2018

Hubby and I do not camp, but we heard all about the Lake Catherine waterfall, so we headed out from our hotel. The drive is beautiful, as is the lake. The people at the Visitor's Center are really sweet and gave us a map to follow and said the hike was short of a half mile to the waterfall. We needed to drive around and there was plenty of parking by the trails. I was told by reviews on here that anyone can do the hike to the waterfall. Well, that is not true. I could not. I am in shape but I do have a portable oxygen concentrator in a backpack and don't do steeper inclines well. My hubby went on and I returned to the truck. He said it was like over 3/4 of a mile to it (then back), and lots of it very steep and loose ground. Then when there, the 'waterfall' was not much more than a trickle. He said, 'at least the area is pretty.'

Reviewed 21 May 2018

We read that it was an easy hike. We took my elderly, 80 year old parents and some great aunts as well as high schoolers. We chose the two mile hike. Not sure if recent rains had affected the trail or not, but this was not an easy hike on a well maintained trail. The elderly were challenged. It was a beautiful area. The lake is clean and picturesque but the power plant looms over.

3  Thank JeriLG