“Wonderful and Peaceful Stay”
other travellers have booked this property
garden Main House
Entrance
Bedroom
View from Balcony
Garden
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Nuwan W
Maharagama, Sri Lanka
“Wonderful and Peaceful Stay”
Reviewed 17 August 2017 for a stay in April 2016

What a nice place to stay in a busy town! I have booked this Bungalow for two nights for 10 of us. (The booking was done five months prior to the stay!) It was a fantastic stay. Even though situated heart of NuwaraEliya, there was no distance from the surrounds. The caretaker, Mathavi has done a great job providing us delicious food, whatsoever we requested. Tried to book for the second time in this August, unfortunately it was booked-out. Hope to book for next vacation in 2018.

Pros: Middle of the town. Easy to access to may places.
Cons: Driver accommodation is not available.

Your age range 35-49
Niroshi P
“Very Comfortable Home”
Reviewed 30 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

The Bungalow was very comfortable and conveniently located at the heart of the N'Eliya City, with a beautiful view of the Golf course. Also at it is centrally located, getting to Horton planes, Ambewela, New Zealand farm was quite easy. The only drawback is the approach road towards the Bungalow. It’ll be helpful to have a name board at the top of the road, as the roadway is not quite visible from the main road and to have it tarred too if possible.

The bungalow is quite modern with all required facilities for a comfortable homely stay with a very helpful and cooperative Maid Madhavi and Mary a great cook. We wanted our Groceries purchased and they very willingly obliged, which saved a lot of time for us.

Ours was a very short stay for a couple of days for a group of 11 people, and we wish it was a longer stay.

30 Jun 2017
Hi,
Thank you. It is a road common to many but I have concreted about 50%. may be the balance slowly in due course.
The house is comfortable for 8 but 10 is fine as there is enough space to sleep and the house is spacious. 11 pushing it but as long as you were comfortable i am comfortable too.
Jenny
widesprea...
Melaka, Malaysia
“Poorly run show.....!!!”
Reviewed 11 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

We are an extended family of ten, from different parts of the world. Several months ago, we decided to meet for a holiday reunion in the beautiful Sri Lanka. Cool weather was a common liking, hence the choice of location being Nuwara Eliya.
Then, after much research and enquiries, we chose this property, followed by the booking process, payments and special requests by us.
One of the requests made RIGHT IN THE BEGINNING is the need for preparation of breakfast. I repeatedly made this clear, especially since previous writers had mentioned the "delicious breakfasts" (!!!), they had on the villa.
NOT one decline of offer was made about these breakfast requests on our correspondences, in fact, I was told it will be organized and I have to just inform the "cook" what we need (please see enclosed screenshots).

We arrived about 7.30 pm, tired from our long journey from Colombo. We were greeted by two ladies, one claiming to be the housekeeper, and the other, the "cook".
After settling in a little, I told them about the breakfast I had discussed with the owner, and that she told me she had conveyed these requests to her staff.

Dialogue:
Me: Can you make us all some traditional Sri Lankan breakfast, like your boss had mentioned to you?
"Cook": Yes. Yes. We can make. But you must buy and give us the ingredients.
Me: Ingredients? What ingredients?
"Cook": What do you want me to make?
Me: Can you make some traditional Sri Lankan breakfast, like appam or thosai?
"Cook": Ok. But you must get us the items. Otherwise, I cannot make.
Me: Where do I get ingredients now? It's nearly 8.00 pm? Can I pay you and you get the ingredients?
"Cook": No. You must get the items and give me. You can go to the Cargills supermarket and get whatever you need. If you want thosai, you can get me the rice and black gram dhall or the instant flour they sell there.....

Hence, went on a conversation about the items needed, a conversation meant more for a cooking class rather than for guests coming to stay from a foreign country.

"Cook": if you need coconut chutney, buy a coconut too..... followed by a certain hand gesture describing the shape of a coconut.

We were all overwhelmed by this conversation. We left to do a little shopping, during which time, we decided to just get bread, butter and jam. By the way, when I asked the "Cook" about coffee, I was gladly shown to some old packs of leftovers from previous guests (probably even expired ones), of course, milk and sugar, I must buy!!!!!

On the way, I messaged the owner telling what transpired, and I was quick to get a response that "No meals will be provided", apparently mentioned in TripAdvisor. So, when I asked many times about the breakfast, why wasn't I told this? And if you read the description, it says "the staff can buy and prepare the items you need for you". They refused this even as I said that we will pay for the items.

The next three days, we lived there as if no housekeeper or "cook" existed. What exactly the role of these two people are there, truly perplexes me.

Other negatives:
1. House infested with flies, probably from the squatter area behind, the filthy stream and uncleared bins in the kitchen
2. Rubbish bins not cleared daily. We needed to repeatedly tell the staff to clear the bins until it actually got done.
3. Rooms not cleaned properly. Bathrooms not cleaned. Talcum powder spilled on the floor remains on the floor, meaning NO cleaning was done.
4. Hot water not consistent. It's your luck if you end up bathing in cold water!!! The house is supposed to accommodate 10 people, but the hot water gets interrupted after 5 people have a bath and then, you need to wait half an hour before a good supply returns (if a good supply returns!)
5. Internet service interrupted frequently.
6. Simple instructions to cut fruits responded with half hearted work (see photo on fruits)
7. We had a painter walk in and out of the house on the last morning. He was carrying some old brushes and hardware stuff. He went up to the store room twice. The second time, I told the housekeeper not to allow anyone into the house especially since the ladies were all upstairs getting dressed to leave.
8. The road leading to the house is bordered by plenty of liquor shops. This can be a hazard to lone travelers, and ladies. NOT safe to walk out alone at night.
9. Washing machine available but no dryer. Nuwara Eliya is cold and damp. How do we wash and dry the clothes if there is no dryer? The housekeeper takes the first batch of clothes and washes it, then tells us there's no way of drying the clothes!!!!

Cannot believe there can be so many issues? Well, you better believe it!!!

Good points:
Nice garden and nice house. The house is spacious with a large hall, dining and kitchen.
The kitchen utensils and crockeries were complete. Beds, well, were ok. Can be better. Views were good from the windows on the right side, DO NOT open the window on the left side. Total eyesore!

22 Jun 2017
I welcome the review and make the following comment.
Meals are not included and stated but when I spoke to you you said you will speak to the staff and make arrangements and got their contact numbers.The reason they do not buy stuff is many time people do not reimburse them. You did i understand have breakfast on two days. They would not go out after 9pm to buy provisions on the day you arrived Understandable.
The staff do clean the common parts but the rooms the guest should ask and they would clean. With so many people it is not easy to keep on cleaning as it would be a nuisance to guests.The stream is far from the house. A few flies is a bother but it is even in the best of places in this part of the world.
Hot water is on solar and should be used with care. The electric booster takes about 20 minutes to heat up but people are usually asked to wait a short time but with the new instant shower it should be fine. sorry about that.
the view from one side is great and another side is not good. Well I can understand.
In Nuwara Eliya plenty of bars and that sadly is the way the Govt keeps people especially the poor people even poorer. But it is safe and no one woman in N'Eliya has been harmed todate. They do not even make a remark. If bars are an issue this part of srilanka is out.
Your clothes were washed and on a rainy day it is difficult to dry. I cant provide everything but I do more than many other places.
You paid a reasonable price for 11 people for a holiday home and the staff i think provided a good service.
If there is a breakdown it has to be dealt with urgently and do regret the inconvenience. I will make a note and give further details to guests so this type of reviews are not forthcoming.
The beds and mattresses are imported and i don't know what else you expect from a home. You seem to have expected a five star service but we do love to try and provide the best we can even with adults and children. I have taken all the points and will change where change is possible.
thanks once again.
Jenny
dlav2013
Dax, France
“Very good”
Reviewed 28 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

We were at this bunglow for 6 days and found it very comfortable and convenient. Madhavi was very helpful and obliging.

Nimalshan...
“Very Nice Place”
Reviewed 17 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

Lovely accommodation for families with children or groups.
Individual rooms with attached bath and toilets.
Spacious lounge and dining room.
Nice views of the golf course and mountains.
Mary was very helpful.

17 Jan 2017
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing