All reviews lovely guesthouse great location stay in nuwara eliya one night world's end packed breakfast sri lanka sidney heater shower hosts balcony tea
Reviewed 8 June 2018

Room was clean and reasonably spacious, bathroom was good, breakfast was great and the host (apologies as I don't remember his name but he was behind reception when we stayed on the 7 May) was extremely friendly, welcoming and helpful.

Would recommend

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2018

After our 1 night stay at the Hill Town Cottage we wish we could have stayed a day more. Very hospitable owner and prompt staff. Location is also very convenient and rooms are also sufficiently large & well equipped. We stayed in a family room on the ground floor. Just one area for improvement that I wanted to highlight is on the breakfast spread; breakfast could be a bit better.

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Personally, we don't see the point of spending £100+ to stay somewhere when you won't be using any of the facilities as you are out all day sight seeing and moving swiftly from 1 place to another. All we are looking for is somewhere clean, somewhere to shower and a comfortable room to sleep. The room was spacious. The bed was okay. Slight negative was the thin windows meant you could hear all of the street dogs (of which there are many throughout Sri Lanka) barking. Not a massive problem and it wouldn't put us off recommending this place for 1 night if you are minded like us in not wasting money on facilities you won't use. We did appreciate them getting up at 5.15 in the morning to give us our packed breakfast as we had to leave early for the World's end trail that we were walking.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2018

I only spend one night in Nuwara Eliya after visited the tea fields and other sights in this small town on the mountain.
It is a family runned small hotel with only a few rooms, but room is large with TV and WIFI. Bathroom is okay but be aware of insects especially during night as the light of the room will attract a lot of flying insects, but it is not a big deal if you seal the windows well.
Breakfast is simple but enough,toasts, eggs, bacon and tea or coffee.
A bit far from the town centre as it is located on the hill side, quiet place.
Staff are very friendly.
Nuwara Eliya is very cool during the season, there is no need for airconditioner but you may need more clothes during the nights.
Good for a short stay.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 January 2018

I spent three nights in this welcoming guesthouse and would gladly go back. The staff go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable and have everything you need. They brought me tea when I returned from outings, helped me arrange a trip to Horton Plains and onward travel, and one staff member even took me hiking one day, showing me "off the beaten track" trails around the town. The location is up on the hill, so out of the town centre but also an easy 5 minute walk to the centre, which can't be said about many of the guesthouses that are really high up. It is also very easy to get a tuk tuk up or down if needed. My room had a terrace and there are also lovely gardens surrounding the house. The common areas are also nice places to relax, especially the upstairs lounge.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo