All reviewsrolls roycesvintage car museumfried ricewater raftingset menuriver viewrainforestjourney
Reviewed 24 February 2017

came for a lunch, with our office team, good buffer, nice place with a nice view, river side restaurant, tasty foods, nice staffs. also good for a water rafting activity. and they have some more day activities.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 December 2016 via mobile

We were here in kitugala for white water rafting and were looking for a place to have lunch post that..we accidently came across plantation hotel...its a nice location ( next to river) and has old world charm...we had buffet lunch and food was made well...good afternoon spent here. Would recommend a meal here if you are in this part of the country.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank kiran1806
Reviewed 5 October 2016

Lovely old place in beautiful surroundings - on the banks of Kalani river.
Staff at reception need customer care training though.
When I came to check out and produced my visa card, one of the group of people at reception suddenly produced a sign, which had not been visible till then, saying credit cards not accepted and plonked it down in front of me. Then the rest stood and stared at me. No "sorry we are not able to accept credit cards" or something - this is after all a well-known largish hotel, not a family guesthouse.
Nor was anything said when I had booked by phone or on arrival. After 10 minutes standoff one of them said I could go to the nearest ATM about 5 klms away and get cash. They then agreed that a tuk tuk would accompany me so I wouldn't need to return. Fine. Only if this had been handled better they would not be getting this review. (When I tried to explain that customers need to be informed at least on arrival, and solutions given if necessary I just got the same stares - which I read as meaning 'we are not listening'. Hence, again, the need for a review...

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2016

The Plantation hotel in Kitulgala boasts a glorious past as is amongst others shown by the presence of a ‘Rolls Royce museum’.However this past is long gone and what remains is a mediocre hotel. The rooms are clean but sober, e.g. a safe is missing, which is especially poor as many visitors will go rafting during their stay and thus have to leave their valuables behind in their rooms. The bathroom is very basic e.g. a planchette is missing so where to leave your contact lenses? There are no glasses in the room to drink from.
There is a small pool but no room for chairs.
As we were told that there are no restaurants in the direct area of the hotel we’ve booked dinner as well. This turned out to be a serious disappointed, none of the items of the menu had any relation at all with Sri Lankan Cuisine.
We felt this hotel to be the poorest we’ve stayed at during our holiday in Sri Lanka and we were happy that we only had to stay for one night. There must be better hotels in Kitugala to stay if you want to go rafting.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Rick v
Reviewed 7 September 2016

We stopped hers on our way to Newaraeliya great surrounding and very good food at very reasonable price, also took the opportunity to look at the large collection oo period vehicles, understand that also make fantastic wild boor currey

Stayed: April 2016