“Little paradise”

Kuramathi Island Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kuramathi
“Little paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012 via mobile

We travelled to kuramathi on the 4th of July with our 2yr old son. We booked with luxury holiday who booked a kuoni holiday for us at a cheaper price than kuoni themselves... We felt looked after and kept updated by our travel agent... The island was absolutely amazing... We stayed in the superior beach villa for the first 3 days and then upgraded to superior beach villa with jacuzzi...

Superior beach villa
A bit smaller in size than other room but had the most amazing views... If u are looking for privacy definitely the rooms to stay in...

Superior beach villa with jacuzzi
We preferred this room because it was next to the kids club... A lot more busier and u bump into a lot more ppl...

We were select all inclusive. This is a must even though me and my partner dont drink. All the restraunts were amazing we dined twice at the Indian and island BBQ. We had our lunch at the palm most days followed by an ice cream.

My son loved that he could play with the sand all day and the whole atmosphere of the island just mellowed him. I was a bit worried that I might have to keep him occupied hence the kids club being one of the reasons I chose this island... But we hardly used the kids club he got use to Maldivian way very quickly and just relaxed on the beach with us.

On the way back kuoni organised VIP lounge passes at the airport which was very relaxing...

We had a really good time and definitely recommend it...

• Stayed July 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (806)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
somerset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

This review is a little late, as we went in December 2010!

We are a family of three and stayed in the superior beach bungalow, which was lovely, just a few steps from the beach. We also upgraded to the water villa for a few nights and this was heaven! Whilst its expensive it was lovely sitting on your own private deck watching the reef sharks, rays and many other tropical fish.

We often found it difficult to swim to the reef, but this was mainly due to the tides, the reception do provide a list of tide times which I would suggest looking at, as it can get very shallow and could be painful! We went on the organised snorkelling trip with the resident Marine Biologist which was great. He took my 10 year old under his wing and showed her Nemo! We also saw a turtle and all the colourful fish of the maldives. We also went to see him to look at the photos he took on the trip and got a copy to take home, they are excellent and much better than our attempts! My daughter also now knows all about many different types of coral and the names of many fish, so very educational as well.

We did the a la carte all inclusive, which I would highly recommend if you like to eat in different restaurants. The island has some great choices and as it is bigger than most, we enjoyed walking our dinner off! We really enjoyed the island BBQ and had the best steak ever, not so fond of the Indian, but I think this was just because of the setting. I had no trouble booking the restaurants and we never ate in the buffet other than for breakfast.

I would also recommend having breakfast in the Island Coffee Shop, most people seem to go to the buffet, but we soon realised that the coffee shop was much more relaxing. You order from the menu and have waiter service and can also sit outside. The Maldivian breakfast was fantastic, with fruit to start, freshly cooked pastries and then a cooked breakfast.

Our daughter enjoyed the kids club, although there were not many kids her age there. She still says this holiday was the best she has ever been on and considering we have also been to Florida, thats saying something!

We did not have a good start to our holiday due to having the Sri Lankan president on our flight(not told of this until 3 hours prior to landing!) So our direct flight was redirected to Sri Lanka and as a consequence we missed our sea plane and had to stay in another resort for the first night. Kuoni did provide a small compensation after a fair few emails from my husband and sri lankan airlines also gave us some money back. However this was a small price to pay for such a lovely holiday Kuramathi. Enjoy : )

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank sarah075
Ware, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

Our first visit to the Maldives, we traveled to Kuramathi for our Honeymoon on the 2nd May for 9 nights. It was the most perfect honeymoon that we could have ever hoped for, we could not recommend Kuramathi Island enough. It was paradise. It was quite daunting booking a holiday like this, there is so much choice in where to visit in Maldives and they all look beautiful, but we have a few recommendations about this island - and the hundreds of great reviews it has been receiving put our minds at rest enough to book it up.

We booked for the start of May as the prices dropped dramatically. Slight out of season but 10 days of hot hot sunshine & not a drop of rain. We had an upgrade to a Deluxe Beach Villa, and went for the Select all Inclusive. Both worked out very well - a lot of people mentioned about the select all inclusive and I would say it was the best decision we made, as 'foodies' we would not have been happy eating in the main restaurants for the whole holiday. This option gave us a choice of about 7 different restaurants, including a BBQ place, Thai, Indian, Italian (every flavour of ice cream you can imagine!) and each one was amazing (my husband is a chef and so his standards are very high!) It was a real indulging holiday. We think it was good value considering everything - eating separately in these restaurants on top of a half board package would have worked out a lot more expensive (one particular dinner that we had came to over $200) This way you can enjoy all of the amazing choices & options that are offered on the island without worrying about the cost, and when your biggest decision of the day is what you are going to eat next, I think it is quite important. All the restaurants were top quality, but our favorite was the Island BBQ, for the beautiful setting, the atmosphere and amazing 'flambé steak Diane' where the chef comes to your table to cook it exactly how you want it.

Our accommodation was perfect - we decided on the Deluxe Beach Villa for the location (up at the north end of the island) it was very private and peaceful, not that any part of the Island is noisy really, it is all stunning and I think whatever accommodation you go for your will be more than happy. We liked these though as they all faced directly onto the beach, some more were more into the trees than others but still with a sea view. We had number 341 (joined to 342) and these two had very good outlooks and a considerable patch of beach even when the tide was up, so did the ones either side (343/344 & 339/340).  There were two at the far end (I think 355??) Which were up on stilts slightly therefore without so much of a beach, but I can imagine the view was lovely, it just depends what you prefer. The water villas looked amazing, but we love to be on the beach and the price jump was considerable.

Our room was cleaned twice a day, and it was kept immaculate. They even did a 'turn down' while you were out at dinner so you would get back to clean, bug free room already with the sheets turned down, and lights on. The attention to detail continued to amaze us the whole holiday. There was as many as about 400 other guests on the island at the same time as us, but you are made to feel so special and welcome, we never really noticed the other guests around either - at no point did it ever feel that busy.

There are activities to get involved with on the island as well: there is a great dive centre, a sailing centre, beautiful spa facilities and excursions to book onto (some of which are included in the all inclusive packages.) We stuck to the snorkeling, the mask & fins were provided and it was very clearly set out at which points to access the incredible house reef. We have never seen so much sea life, 5 minutes in the water and we had already passed reef sharks, rays and all sorts. It was well worth being on a island that has a house reef, it is nice to be able to go for a snorkel whenever you like rather than planning a boat excursion every day.

I could go on about this little patch of paradise all day, but I don't want to give too much away for those of you who go ahead and book it. It is nice to discover it all when you are there. The main thing to know is that you will not be disappointed if you want a truly relaxing, indulging, pampering & magical break in a stunning part of the world, you will be so happy on Kuramathi. We thought 10 days would be more than enough to be in one place for - but we could have had at least 2 weeks and really hope one day we can go back.

• Stayed May 2012
9 Thank EmilyFrench
leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

I went here for my honeymoon, I always knew I wanted to go to the Maldives but not sure where, after much deliberation I picked Kuramathi on recommendation from the Kuoni rep, I was not dissapointed, it was a lovely 10 day stay and a perfect honeymoon destination. I did make a massive error though, we used Kuoni as the wedding list, and being mad busy with wedding plans, when all the paper work came through I didn't check them, just presuming all the information was correct, after all you are paying for a high premium agent..We reached the resort and in the meeting with our rep Emma, I realised I had discussed and arranged to pay for the al la carte all inclusive not the normal one, although the paper work didn't say this, when I mentioned this to Emma, I was advised the rep had left Kuoni and they couldn't trace anything, I would have to deal with it when we went back to the UK, she wasn't massively bothered at all. The reason I opted for al la carte is I'm vegetarian and strongly recommend anyone thinking of going to upgrade to this package, as i really struggled with the food. I did speak to the chef and he was very sweet but still on two evenings all I could eat were potato wedges. On four occasions we paid and went to the al la carte restaurants, well worth it, the Palm and Thai were fantastic.

We paid for a deluxe beach bungalow which was great, I loved the outside shower. I also had a balinese massage at the spa which is one of best massages I've ever had. The staff were fantastic and couldn't do enough for us. We were also based at the north of the island where they feed the stingrays and this was a great sun set point, and near to the walk where you reach the point of the island, this is the quietest part of the island. The outside cinema is also a nice experience.

When we got back I went to Kuoni to try to resolve the difference in packages, and the fact I paid for something we didn't get, despite the email trail I had printed off to prove it, they fobbed me off, I had to chase them several times, the after care service was terrible. They said I should of checked the paper work properly and accepted no responsibility and the rep had left so no one could back up what I said even though I had email evidence...My recommendations is go to this resort as it really was amazing but pick a better agent to travel with, I would never travel through them again. Another thing I did was I got a quote from Dial a Flight before booking with Kuoni and got them to match it, I saved 600 this way, some compensation thinking back now!!! I recommend anyone to do the same!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chapelapple
West Molesey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

went with friends to celebrate their 20th wedding and had a fantastic time, food and staff were brilliant, room was lovely, right on the beach, bars were good, pools were both nice, lots to see when you wonder around the island, movie night on the beach was quality, lots of entertainment if you wanted it, or a nice quite bar instead, snorkelling near the jetty was quality, it was our friends first trip to the maldives ( our 6th ) and thet couldn't believe how relaxed it was.
would return, had a great time

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Geezersl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuramathi
30.5 km away
33.8 km away
W Maldives
W Maldives
#1 of 1 in Fesdhoo Island

Been to Kuramathi Island Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK