Lowest prices for your stay
US$ 522
travelup.com
Agoda.com
US$ 522
Prestigia.com
Trip.com
StayForLong
All reviews private pool moonlight cinema signature lobster outdoor shower deluxe villa our honeymoon village walk butler service sunset yoga the hustle and bustle unforgettable experience boutique hotel main pool jungle view welcome drink jungle paradise amazing place
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 December 2020 via mobile

Teaching becomes more relaxed with the very complete facilities provided by Samsara Ubud with views of the rainforest. The health protocol during this pandemic period was also very well implemented, making us more comfortable while here. The menus for breakfast, lunch and dinner are really interesting and very tasty. Thank you very much Samsara for making me comfortable working here. I can't wait to be able to go on vacation back in Samsara Ubud.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Paulus Tuasuun, General Manager at Samsara Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2020

Dear 131fajark,
greetings,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to share your recent Samsara Ubud experience with us, we really appreciate it.
We truly delighted to hear that you're having a great time during your stay, and we thank you for your kind comments toward our staff and property.
Once again thank you, and we are looking for the opportunity to welcome you back here.

Reviewed 1 December 2020

We are a family of three. We chose to go to Ubud in the first place because we wanted to get away from cities’ crowd. Especially with current condition too, we’d like to go to a place that helped us relax, and Samsara did wonderful job on it.

When we arrived, the view of the forest welcomed us pleasantly, together with their friendly staffs. For a second, we knew we were in good hands. We chose their one bedroom villa that would be our “home” for three nights. Everyday we could just relaxed by the pool and enjoyed the view, listened to the sound of the nature, exactly like we imagined.

Though in this difficult situation, they still offered us the best they could offer, maintaining safety procedure so we felt safe and sheltered. The staffs were polite and quickly responded on what we needed. We did not do some of the activities they offered since it was still in the middle of pandemic, but would like to try when we are staying there again next time.

The experience we had there recharged us in some way that others might not provide. Thank you for the warm hospitality, definitely will be back and recommend Samsara to my friends and relatives.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Paulus Tuasuun, General Manager at Samsara Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2020

Dear vfsantoso,
greetings,

First of all, thank you for choosing us as your holiday place on your recent visit to Bali, and we really appreciate that you're taking the time to share your Samsara Ubud experiences with us.

We truly delighted to learn that you and your family are having a great time with us, and we grateful for your kind comments on our staff and property.
This kind of review is a huge moral support for us during this pandemic period, we also hope that we will be able to serve you back in better / normal circumstances soon.

Once again, thank you for your support, and see you back here soon.

Reviewed 31 October 2020 via mobile

We (parents and 2 teenage girls) stayed in Samsara for 3 nights for the long weekend in two rooms. Our daughter picked up Samsara. We are aware that this hotel is quite remotely located as hidden gem in Ubud, so we arrange for the airport pickup from hotel.

I would recommend airport pickup from hotel for the peace of mind.

The hotel just like in the pictures are beautiful. The room and its private pool are all well maintained.

The crew staffs in the hotel really put guests in their mind and during their service, started from the driver picked up, the front office who give a tour to the hotel facilities and every one we met are all smiling. When possible they will ask how can they please us.

Our first night we had dinner in the hotel. At first when we looked at the menu it’s not an extensive listing. We ordered the burger and pasta. The food is really good. The burger bun was soft and tender to our liking, the patty was juice, and the condiment sauces is a good surprise I cannot tell, but it’s really good.

For the breakfast we tried the nasi goreng. Also Croissants, muesli and egg benedict which are all is also superb.

We didn’t do much activities in the hotel as we really want to stay away from crowds. When we stepped out for breakfast, and returned our room had been made up. And later when we returned from dinner in Ubud the room was also made up for turndown service and they left nice notes. So thoughtful.

Our daughters trying the breakfast was on the boat which all those delicious food in more photogenic settings, again kudos to the staffs that can made that happened.

The infinity swimming pool is the jewel in the forest, every one will have a moment to enjoy it like a private one, and that moments are a lot. I always had that moment after the breakfast time.

During our stay the treadmill was under maintenance. I used the gym everyday, there are some basic equipments. I used the barbells, row machine, cable pulley system, big gym ball, and medicine balls. The first day I use in the morning I need to open the door wide open to let the air circulating the mist away. The second day, the air conditioning works well, and additional option of infused water to the existing bottles is available.

Samsara and the staffs really made us enjoy that getaway hideaway stay a beautiful memory that will lasts in many years.

Thank you for the beautiful memories.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank AriW966
Paulus Tuasuun, General Manager at Samsara Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2020

Dear AriW966,

greetings from Ubud,

Hope you're doing well, and first of all, thank you for choosing Samsara Ubud as your recent holiday place.
Also thank you for taking the time to share thorough feedback on your family's recent Samsara Ubud experience with us, we really appreciate it.
We're truly delighted to learn that you and your family are enjoying your stay and we couldn't thanking you enough for your kind words toward our property and services, those words really mean a lot to all of us, especially during this challenging time.

Once again thank you, and look forward to welcoming you and your family again here.

Reviewed 31 October 2020 via mobile

This hotel may not be an international chain, but we must admit, the service rendered by ALL staffs are impeccable!!! They all went beyond their call of duty to ensure my husband and I had memorable stay; very personal service. They made a point to know our names and address us by name. A surprised romantic evening dinner had been arranged by my husband without me knowing (of course), and they ensure that was kept a surprised for me. Great communication among the staffs. (We will review the food in the hotel in the separate review)

It is a MUST to join the hotel’s activities. We had such a great time with our guide, Nuh; not just the bicycle activities or the morning walk, we learnt quite a bit about Bali’s mythical stories and some of its history. He ensures our safety during the activities, and we were hydrate enough and even thought of bringing along towels for our morning walk.

Another great activity for coffee drinker, is a short basic know how coffee making session hosted by Nik, with delicious cookies. It was fun and we get to drown ourselves with different types of coffee.

For those loving nature and truly out of the noisy, hustle and bustle atmosphere, this place is highly recommended! We live in the big city, hearing the sound of nature such as waterfalls, cicadas, crickets and the liked can be really soothing and relaxing for us.

Having said that, just be warned of bits of ants here and there; mosquitoes which were easily resolved by the lemongrass aromatherapy and bug spray. Oh well, we are in the middle of the forest afterall, right?

We suggested having smaller sized bicycle. Their existing bicycles are big sized ones. People with a minimum height of 170cm and above will be fine. I am only 163cm, the guide, Nuh taught me how to stop the bicycle and remain standing safely. It was a great tip. Hopefully the hotels will have smaller size bicycle soon

The outdoor shower, though we didn’t use, we notice there was no place to put the toiletries. So perhaps something can be added there to hold the toiletries

We hope to visit again with our kids in the near future. Hopefully then, we still are able to get a good bargain

Since this property don’t have a lot of villas, it is highly advisable to make your reservation soonest possible. They are gone quickly especially during the long weekend or peak season. Even at this time

Thanks to all of you, in making our stay memorable and lovely. Hope to see all of you soon!

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank d0glover

Dear Vivy S,
greetings from Ubud,

Also thank you for taking the time to share thorough feedback on your recent Samsara Ubud experience with us, we really appreciate it.
We're truly delighted to learn that you're enjoying your stay and we couldn't thanking you enough for your kind words toward our property and services, those words really mean a lot to all of us, especially during this challenging time.

On the other hand, we duly noted your input with regards to having an alternate bike size, as well as feedback on the toiletries area in the outdoor shower and also your constructive feedback with regards to the insect/ants. I had spoken with related personnel/department, and we will take necessary action/follow up.

Once again thank you, and look forward to having you back staying with us soon.

Reviewed 28 October 2020 via mobile

Bored with staying at home in Jakarta for the last 10 months I decided to take a solo trip to Bali. Thankfully my friend recommended me to check out Samsara Ubud. Checking out the property online, I immediately felt this was the getaway place I needed. Isolated, calm, one with the nature.

I contacted the resort directly - finalized my itinerary and off I went.

The resort is located at about 2 hours drive from the airport into thick green forest area. As soon as I reached I was received with so much warmth from the team and same level of hospitality remained during my 3 days stay there.

What stood out for me was the access to this amazing villa with a private pool overlooking the forest, the serenity of the forest with birds chirping through the day, the amazing layout of the resort encompassing 17 villas/ rooms, the most picturesque common pool that I have ever seen - green and blending in with the forest and an amazing concoction of food and drinks. Must try are some of the local and continental breakfast menus, Indonesian porridge and Oreo balls - definitely buy this as a souvenir from the resort. It’s so good!

Thank you for your super warm hospitality team Samsara Ubud. Thank you for ensuring my best stay experience in 2020. I’ll be back in December

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank amrinmai

Dear amrinmai,
greetings from Ubud,

Also thank you for taking the time to share your recent Samsara Ubud experience with us, we really appreciate it.

Once again thank you, and look forward to having you back staying with us soon.

On behalf of Your Samsara Ubud Family,