“Itchy is an understatement”

Super 8 Independence Kansas City
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Independence, Missouri
“Itchy is an understatement”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I am currently in this motel, after driving across Kansas all day. The sheets itch and the room is over-priced. The clerk was more concerned with her cellphone being stolen, than with checking customers in. I found no obvious signs of infestation, but my skin crawls as I type this. Also, they require a $50 deposit upon check-in. Beware of this motel!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Independence, Missouri
Reviewed 16 December 2011

This hotel is very well kept and nice. The staff was amazing and the room was great as well. Close to major independence attractions and sites. We stayed here because I brought my kids here for Chiefs games. Any how the staff actually called the cab for us and also directed us to a nice restaurant close by. They have HOT PAN CAKES as well for breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for the King Suites. This is what we will get next time we stay with them
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Stayed here spur of the moment, did not have reservations. When I called to check if there were any vacancies and the price-- was told the price was $49.99 with AAA-which I do not have. Found it odd that information was brought up without me asking. The gentleman that checked us in smelled like he'd had a few too many drinks but his service was ok. The room was very small but clean. Not a big deal for us, we just needed a place to sleep. Bed was a little firmer than I like but the pillows were great! Breakfast was the normal--instant oatmeal, donuts, cold cereal, bananas, etc.. There were pancakes which we didn't notice until after we had eaten. All in all, an ok stay. Would stay again because the price is right.(We were on the 2nd floor)

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Cairo, Missouri
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Stayed here overnight for Chiefs game. Hotel was fairly clean, room was cleaner than the rest of the hotel. Bed was adequate. Check-in was easy, however, the attendant wanted a copy of my credit card for incidentals. That was fine, she made the copy, but then flipped the card over and jotted down the 3 digit security code off the back. I have never seen any of them do that before so I questioned her about it. She did not have a good answer and I was very uncomfortable about it.

Great location to Chiefs/Royals stadiums, restaurants, and easily accessible to I 70. Overall, it was okay, but I have stayed in better places around the stadium so I probably will not go back here unless it is the last option.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Kansas
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I was told what an upgrade would COST me...now they told me it was the "DIFFERNCE" between the rooms. I paid double on a non-smoking suite that smelled like it had been a smoking room.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
0.1 km away
6.1 km away
Comfort Suites Independence
Comfort Suites Independence
#4 of 18 in Independence

Been to Super 8 Independence Kansas City? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK