“Birthday with Family”

V's Italiano Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
V's Italiano Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 251 Restaurants in Independence
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sterling
Description: Long known as Kansas City's premier Italian restaurant, this family owned and operated establishment has been an important part of the city's dining experience Since 1963. For over 45 years, V's formula for pleasing its guests is simply combining uncompromised service in a beautiful, relaxed environment. Offering a wide variety of authentic Italian specialties and pastas, as well as a complete menu featuring mouthwatering steaks and Prime Rib, succulent seafood such as our Blackened Atlantic Salmon, and fresh poultry as in our Chicken Spiedini, all at moderate prices. Be it a romantic dinner for two, elegant dinner party, birthday or anniversary celebration; you'll understand why V's Italiano has become known as "a nice place to fall in love." In addition, V's also features the "Best Sunday Brunch in Town", an award winning menu & wine list as well as beautiful patio dining complete with a relaxing, arbor covered waterfall. V's Italiano is the areas "must see" Italian restaurant.
Kansas City, Missouri
“Birthday with Family”
Reviewed 27 July 2011

It was My Wife's Birthday and she sugested going ther because the food is great the service is great and the make you feel like family. We allmost had our wedding reception there six years ago. Would be back soon.

• Visited July 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Blue Springs, Missouri
“Now THAT's Italian!”
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We eat at V’s regularly and have for years, so it’s about time I wrote a review. We’ve been eating at V’s since we moved to the Kansas City area from the Chicago area in 1973. We grew up with great Italian restaurants in our area and searched for similar ones in Kansas City. Fortunately, we found V’s Italiano!
V’s is a family owned and operated restaurant and the atmosphere and service reflect that. You’re treated like family there and the restaurant has a warm casual feel in the décor. The menu is extensive so it might pay to check it out on line in advance unless you want to spend time drooling over the possible selections while you ponder which one(s) to order. I’ve probably had everything on the menu over the years and can truly say that I’ve never had a bad meal or a dish that I didn’t enjoy. For appetizers, I have a hard time staying away from the escargot served swimming in garlic butter and baked covered with a puff pastry. (I never said it was “low-cal.”) The house salad comes with a sweet Italian dressing to which I add blue cheese crumbles and is included with nearly every meal. I’m not sure I could pick a favorite entrée’, but I do like the seafood cannelloni, the linguine with clams, and the angel hair pasta with either the Italian sausage or the seafood. If you can’t decide, try the filet & pasta combo! The house special rum cake dessert is also included with nearly every entrée’. If you want a special treat, try their Sunday Brunch! You’ll find everything from eggs Benedict to carved roast baron of beef to cooked to order pasta dishes. Oh, yeah, champagne, orange juice, and mimosas are included with Brunch!
They have a full bar and serve a great martini (add the blue cheese stuffed olives for a little extra zing). Drinks are reasonably priced and if you like, you can wait for your table in the bar or even eat there if you chose.
They have private dining rooms of several sizes and when we’ve used them, the services and food has been excellent.
Al in all, I’d recommend V’s to anyone that enjoys good authentic Italian dishes and great friendly service. You’ll find me there often!

• Visited June 2011
Lees Summit
“Nice setting; good service; pricey, average food”
Reviewed 24 April 2011

My wife and I returned to V's for lunch after visiting with family some time ago. The facility is neat and we enjoyed the ambiance. The service was above average and everyone was friendly. Unfortunately, the food was just OK. The signature sauce is very good but it just did not make up for lackluster overall quality and sub par presentation. I remember visiting years ago and really enjoying V's. As I noted, we have not been in for a period so maybe we had an isolated poor experience.

• Visited April 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Adorable and the food was delicious!”
Reviewed 30 September 2009

I got a gift card on restaurants.com for V's so we decided to give it a chance while we were in Kansas City to watch the Twin's play. We loved it! The service was excellent, both of our meals were awesome and the atmosphere was very relaxed and even romantic. We would defiantly go here again if we are ever in Kansas City! We were both bummed that our hotel room didn't have a microwave for us to take our leftovers home to eat later on that evening.

Westwood
“My friend and I had a great time at V's”
Reviewed 3 April 2009

I understand why V's has become an institution in the Kansas City metro area! The food was very good, and the service quite attentive. My friend and I had lunch at the original location in Independence, recently. We ordered from the menu, rather than sample the buffet, but that looked good, too. They start you off with a bread basket (we especially loved the pumpernickel bread), and keep the coffee cup filled. My Halibut Lemonata was cooked just right (though the broccoli was a little crispy). My friend ordered a custom combination, which they accommodated gracefully.