Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
TripadvisorUS$ 70
Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
Expedia.comUS$ 74
Priceline
ZenHotels.comUS$ 1,829
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 August 2020

This place is disgusting. We opened the fridge and roaches started coming out. They refused to refund our money. Everyone there is crooked and they are thieves. They front desk people are idiots. I would rather sleep outside.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Guest Services, Guest Services / Front Office at Americas Best Value Inn Kansas City E Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2020

Dear Brooklyn,
While we do feel that some of your thoughts could have been expressed more respectfully, we do thank you for sharing them with us. Our hotel undergoes extensive routine maintenance for pests, and to hear of your observations is upsetting. Pest control has been notified and will investigate your concerns right away. We will also speak with our team about the service we provide. Guest comfort is our primary goal, and we truly regret that we were unable to meet your expectations. We wish you all the best as your journey continues.

Reviewed 16 December 2019

place was ok , we left a Do not disturb sign on the door and housekeeping still went into the room . Our stuff had been dug through . Front desk agent working grave yard shift was very rude . We got what we payed for !!

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank AlaskaSeattleHawaii
RLResponse, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Kansas City E Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2019

Our team always strives to maintain fantastic service for our guests, and the fact that we were unable to provide you with the superior hospitality we aim for is disheartening. Please know that we have strict policies in place to ensure that our guests' belongings are not tampered with by staff. We apologize for any perceived rudeness on behalf of our staff and have forwarded your feedback to our team so we can better ensure a quality experience for all of our guests. Should you return to town, please give us another chance to impress you.

Reviewed 4 October 2019

I wouldn’t give it one star. Worst place I ever visited!! Homeless bums staying there are concerned more about other people. Beside getting themselves a job, and getting out of their situation. Very ratchet ghettofied hotel!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
RLResponse, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Kansas City E Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2019

Dear Katarina,
Please accept our apologies for not meeting your expectations regarding the location of our property. We understand that the city has an issue with homeless people and are doing everything to work with the city officials to try and resolve this problem. Thank you for understanding and for finding the time to share your feedback on your recent stay. Improving does not end here, and we hope that you will grant us another opportunity to change your perceptions in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2019

Only problem was when they tried to charge my card $77 for incidentals, after I left. I called and was told they would check into it and call back in 15 min. The next day I called because I hadn't heard and was told it would be removed (it was)

Date of stay: July 2019
RLResponse, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Kansas City E Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2019

Thank you for leaving us your thoughts. We appreciate your highlight on our commitment to keeping our accommodations clean and comfortable for all of our guests. It is unfortunate that you experienced an inconvenience you with the incidentals charge, and are happy to hear that things worked out. That being said, we will speak to our team about following up on phone calls, so that way our guests can rest easy when issues arise. Wishing you all the best on the road ahead.

Reviewed 7 June 2019 via mobile

Location was very convenient for where I was traveling as it is right off the interstate. Beds were comfortable. I had to pay a damage deposit in addition to the room rate which I was told gets refunded after I check out and they decide your room looks ok. Thought that was annoying and weird because they already have my credit card number. Only had two towels in the room even though I paid for three people to stay. Bathroom door was hard to open and close and had no lock. Bathroom was very dark. All in all I would not stay here again as I feel like you can get much better accommodations somewhere else.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Sightseer35429346934, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn Kansas City E Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2019

We are glad to hear our location was convenient for you during your stay. We collect a damage/security deposit from all guests upon check-in which in turn would be used against any damages/stolen items or smoking in a non smoking room. We run debit/credit cards at time of check-in so we know the funds are available as we cannot know after the fact if damages, etc will be covered by running debit/credit cards after check-out. Unless we are made aware that doors, locks etc do not work we cannot let our maintainance staff know so these repairs can be done.