All reviews stove top free wine and beer every evening full kitchen social hour an extended stay hotel kansas city ice maker great room bed was very comfortable every morning convenient location king suite front desk staff first floor lots of restaurants definitely stay here again
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It was very clean and felt like home. The only bad thing I can say is the furniture in our room was torn up at the seams (seems like an easy fix). Other than that, perfect stay.

Date of stay: September 2011
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We stayed at the Independence Staybridge Suites for a weekend family getaway to the Kansas City area. The experience at the Staybridge was so nice that we ended up spending most of our time at the hotel.

The hotel has a saltwater swimming pool that was amazingly nice. We loved it. Our three year old simply did not want to leave. The landscaping was beautiful, and the pool area was superbly clean.

All of the staff of the hotel seemed to go out of their way to be friendly. I highly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: June 2011
1  Thank Clarman
Reviewed 26 July 2011

This hotel still smells new! Beautiful ! Great location to many restaurants and shopping facilities. Only miles away from the Royals and Chiefs stadiums.
Bathrooms were spotless! Very large 1 bedroom suite with doors to separate the rooms.
The outdoor patio setting was awesome with sitting areas and gas grills !! There was an outdoor pool but we did not have time to check it out.
Weight room was adequate with a few treadmills, an elliptical and a bike.
The only concern I have is the noise - of course you always get the doors banging and the loud, inconsiderate people talking in the hallways ( this was VERY MINIMAL - although hotel was not full the night we stayed)
BUT...... IF YOU NEED QUITE ....... DO NOT ACCEPT A ROOM FACING THE COURT YARD. TAKE A ROOM FACING OUT!!! We had room 158 - it faced the courtyard. I n fact, a pavilion was right outside our window . No problem - until we needed to sleep . There was a group of adults ( NOT drunk, NOT talking loud or obnoxious) and they may have well been sitting in our room. I called the front desk and asked how late the patio was open ( till 11pm) and it was only 9pm. The front desk staff offered to move us immediately ( which was super kind- but we were already ready for bed and didn't feel like moving everything to another room) so we toughed it out. Luckily - they did not stay too late and with the aide of earplugs my son got to sleep. This would not be an issue IF .. you wanted a place to hang out and were a night owl OR there on a leisure trip and didn't have a son who needed a good nights sleep for an early baseball showcase the next morning.
When I talked to the front desk the next morning to tell them about placing people who ask for quite area of the hotel any where BUT the inside facing rooms they were more then kind about it . Apologized a million times over and appreciated me letting them know . About 15 minutes after leaving the desk .- Melissa ( maybe a manager) brought a bag of snacks and water for our day at the showcase and ride home to our room PERSONALLY!!! WOW !! Am I impressed!!
This totally made up for the minor inconvenience !!
THANKS STAYBRIDGE -- we will stay again when in the area!!!

Room tip: Quite rooms- request room facing out- away from patio area
Date of stay: July 2011
2  Thank JetterJ
Reviewed 22 July 2011

If you are looking for a high quality hotel with great service this is the place for you! We stayed here while traveling through the area on a business/leisure trip. I was able to book the room using points from my Priority Club card. I expected the room to be a basic suite. As I am a Priority Club platinum member, At check in I was pleased to see the word "upgraded" highlighted on my registration form. The suite was huge! It would be better to call it an apartment. It had a full kitchen with microwave, full size refrigerator, stove top and even a dishwasher. The cabinets were well stocked with dishes and cookware. It had a nice sitting area with a sleeper sofa and two nice chairs. There were also two large bedrooms and two baths. Everything was spotless clean and beautifully decorated. The rooms were well finished with granite counter tops and amenities. It was nice to have three large flat screen televisions with a good selection of channels. Each bedroom also had a large closet.

We enjoyed the free food as well. The evening "Sundowner Reception" included an entire hot meal! There were plenty of items to choose from including drinks. The following morning we were treated to a fine quality full breakfast buffet. The food items will not disappoint.

The staff members were abundant, helpful and friendly. I have stayed in many upscale hotels and this would receive top rating from me.

PROS: Great rooms. Clean and very quite. Hotel is very new and has been kept like new by its staff. They spare no expense in striving to meet customers expectations. Nice out door amenities including grills, fire pits, and patio areas. Friendly staff. Professional environment.

CON: It is a couple of minutes from the highway and not visible from the highway. However, this means no road noise at all. The extra one minute from the highway is worth it!

I applaud the owners of this hotel for their hard work and quality service. I will be back in the future.

Room tip: If you want to pay a little extra to upgrade to the two bedroom suite you will not be disappointed.
Date of stay: July 2011
3  Thank PeruTravelFamily
Reviewed 23 June 2011

We had the unfortunate experience of staying here when a couple baseball teams were. The hotel couldn't seem to keep up with the busyness of a full house. Public areas were dirty, but the worst was at check- in when they told us they didn't have any rooms available for upgrade - and the very next person came in off the street and got "the last room" - without a reservation.

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
LChapman511, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Kansas City - Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2011

I am very sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with your stay at our hotel. Please know that we do pride ourselves on delivering a very high standard of customer service and look forward to upgrading all Priority Club Members at each available opportunity. Due to the high demand for guest rooms in our market during the summer months, we often find ourselves sold out on Fridays and Saturdays. Though we are often sold out, we do ensure that all Priority Club Members are blocked for the best possible room location for the type of room that had been reserved. When availability permits, we take great pleasure in upgrading our Priority Club Members from Studio Suites to One Bedroom Suites. On the weekends, there is an exceptional demand for the One Bedroom Suites. I do appreciate your feedback and again apologize for your disappointment. We continually strive to be the very best and hope we have the opportunity to be of service to you again.

Lindsay Chapman, GM