Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.com$47
eDreams$47
Priceline$47
Tripadvisor$47
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 May 2019

So glad I found this resort, really nice to get up into the hills and away from the crowds. The resort looks out onto Candidasa bay and Nusa Penida, and the high vantage point gives stunning views at sunrise and sunset. Also loved hearing the sounds of the jungle all around, though it was very quiet at night.

The room was clean and nicely furnished, and the bed was very comfortable. The shower had plenty of water pressure and warm water. The restaurant had a nice feel to it and the food was excellent.

The owners Bruno and Kusmiatun and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Next time I'm in Bali, I know where to go.

Highly recommend.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
kusmiatun, Owner at Manggis Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2019

Hello RDevanney,

thanks for staying with us - and it us our pleasure that you enjoy during stays with us.

See you again

Regards,
Bruno and Kusmiatun

Reviewed 29 April 2019

I spent spent 5 nights at Manggis Garden with my parents and we loved the place. The room has everything you need for a relaxing holiday, there is a small pool and you can sit in the garden and enjoy doing nothing. Atun and Bruno are amazing and welcoming hosts, they are very helpful to plan activities and they even dropped us at the beach and it was interesting and lots of fun talking with them. The Manggis Garden is a little remote, but this is why we liked it. You can really escape the touristy places like Seminyak and Canggu and explore the villages and mountains around. I did a 5 hour trekking tour in the area (the guide can be arranged with the hotel) and it was great to walk through the villages, see the local temples, having a little chat with the people you meet, and have a great view of Mount Agung and Mount Batur, and see a waterfall. The very nice beach Pasir Putih is not too far away (you need a car or arrange to be dropped there with Atun/Bruno). Coming back from the beach, I just took a motor bike taxi and got off at Manggis village and from there I walked up to the hotel (45 min, but I am quite fit), it's a nice walk with a great view, though a little steep sometimes. We also had breakfast/dinner there, the food was very tasty as they don't use MSG and everything is fresh. If you are looking for a quite place to stay and wish to explore the "a little bit more real" Bali, I can highly recommend this place. I don't dive but Bruno is also a diving teacher (the pool is quite deep to practice there), so this might be an activity you can do there too.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Victoria M

Hello Victoria.

It is our pleasure to have you and your parent to stay with us - lovely people.

Hopefully next time you stop by in Bali - you can explore more - and do trekking to Mt Batur - any many places.

regards to your parent and enjoy back to Germany

Warmest regards from us
Bruno and Kusmiatun

Reviewed 10 August 2018

This is maybe one of the best-kept secrets in Bali. A small resort with beautiful bungalows hidden away in the mountains but only a ten minute drive from the main road connecting the south to the north east of Bali. The bungalows have so much detail with decorations and artwork sourced from Bali, Java and elsewhere. It's amazing, you could spend hours just discovering that. There are sea views, too and diving or snorkeling trips can be arranged as well as trekking and much more.

Then, there's the food! A mix of Balinese, Javanese and Sumbawa cuisine with a few French twists thrown in. Brioche for breakfast, anyone?

Great place to base the family for a few days or to just relax around the pool and enjoy the cool mountain air. Or take a walk into Manggis village and not see another tourist all day. Simply beautiful!

Date of stay: July 2018
1  Thank Yvonne P
kusmiatun, Owner at Manggis Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

Hello Yvonne,

I was a pleasure to us - being you in Manggis. - Enjoy relaxing day in between your Business Plan.

See you again

Warmest Regards
Kusmiatun + Bruno

Reviewed 29 June 2018

Manggis Dive Resort is paradise. The whole place was built with great taste. The views on Candidasa bay and Nusa Penida are exceptional. The owners Kusmiatun and Bruno are super nice. This is the perfect weekend getaway from noisy and busy Jakarta. Next stay there is already planned!

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Sylvain L
kusmiatun, Owner at Manggis Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Hello Sylvain

thanks for your review about Manggis Garden - it is our honour to make the guest who stay in our place feel homey. and enjoy during the stay.

See you again next month.

we are waiting for you.

Warmest Regards,
Manggis Garden

Reviewed 27 February 2018

This is not my first visit to Manggis Garden and it certainly won't be the last. I love the place.

The hosts, Atun and Bruno, are so welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. There are so many great reasons to stay here; the views, the people, the food, the tranquillity!

This time I decided to do some trekking and get to one of the nearby waterfalls. A guide was arranged for me and it was very reasonably priced and so worth while. He only spoke a little English but that was no issue as he showed me lots of great stuff along the way.

The walk was steep in places and a bit slippy so it's not for everyone. You will get hot and sweaty, you will need water and at the waterfall if you are feeling brave you will be glad of a dip. Make sure you have swimmers, shorts or a bikini on as nude swimming is not allowed.

After that walk it was back to Manggis Garden for a very big lunch and chilling in their pool. Tomorrow I'm going diving with them. Can't wait!!!

Absolutely recommended. 100%

Room tip: Every room is a good room. Ask to see them when you arrive.
Date of stay: February 2018
2  Thank TartanWanderer
kusmiatun, Owner at Manggis Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Hi Dear

Thanks for your staying with us,

It's our pleasure to make sure that all guests stay with us ... HAPPY

have a nice day