Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 October 2017

This really is like no place I have ever been. I have written hundreds and hundreds of reviews on many websites but this place really took my breath away. So – I’m going to write a fair bit more than normal because it’s worth it.
When you leave the main road and start driving through Manggis and up the hill in the jungle you really still have no idea just how beautiful this place will be. A haven of tranquillity with outstanding views stretching down to the coast below. Shady trees, paddy fields and photographic opportunities to rival any other location in Bali.
Some people come here just for the peace. Others want to learn to dive, take a further course or just come as a fun diver. Why then would some come this far in land? Well my point of view is that if you have already travelled thousands of kilometres to get to Bali – a few more will not hurt you. In fact quite the opposite – they will benefit you.
I’ve lived in Bali for quite a long time and I seek out new places for weekends away. You can see from my profile how many places I have reviewed here. On balance – this is now my favourite. They can arrange pick-ups, hiking, drivers, diving – pretty much anything. The owners speak English, French and Bahasa. They are well connected in the local community and I sensed a real desire to provide outstanding service over profit. A rare thing.
In the low season you could consider a slight negotiation in price. The Mount Agung news has caused a decrease in business for all hotels and businesses. Be respectful though!
The attention to detail in the various bedrooms is incredible. The bathrooms are light and spacious – many featuring opaque glass walls. Each styled in its own way to showcase a different region of Indonesia. The gardens are stunning as are the views. The pool is used for a leisurely swim and for diver training with a maximum depth of 3 metres.
One of the owners is a Tech Diver and I know how good that makes him as I am a PADI instructor myself.
I recommend Manggis Garden 110%. It is outstanding. You will not be disappointed!

Room tip: The owners are amazing so just speak to them!
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank TartanWanderer
Bruno Mougenot, Owner at Manggis Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2020

I'm simply speechless when reading this .Only a big THANK YOU come out.
happy to make you happy

Reviewed 23 June 2017

We loved so many things about Manggis Dive Resort, but what we loved the most was the feeling of being at home. Bruno and Atun were extremely welcoming, full of knowledge of the island's culture and the country's as a whole, and their home cooked food was delicious! My husband was rusty on his diving skills, so Bruno gave him a refresher course in the pool before taking him on an amazing dive while I snorkeled above at the Blue Lagoon (which is only accessible by boat). Bruno's passion for diving and the ocean is contagious. Atun also set up a wonderful hike to a waterfall with a local guide, both her and Bruno took the thinking out of the daily planning of activities and meals, which was great.

The cottages were well equipped, clean, and nicely decorated. We had a very comfortable stay, enjoyed the quiet provided by the surrounding jungle at night, and the spectacular view during the day. We couldn't have asked for better hospitality in such a lovely place that is really off the beaten tourist path. Thank you Atun and Bruno!

Also: Their generosity extended to a rescue mission of a cherished hat that I had left at the previous hotel we were staying at. Atun managed to grab it in Seminyak and get it to us at the Jakarta airport. They worked a small miracle and we were SO grateful!! We hope to come back and visit again in the future!

Room tip: The red and yellow cottages have the best view!
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Daniella V
kusmiatun, Owner at Manggis Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2017

Hello Daniealla and Olivier,

thanks for review - and hoping you that all is okay with your relocation to US. And both of you in good health and future baby as well.

Cheers
Atun et Bruno

Reviewed 22 April 2017

I am very impressed that Bruno and Atun have spent so many effort to build this resort: 5 years designing, 3 years construction and even 1 year to convince local neighbours to agree. Now they have 6 indonesian style houses and 1 big one for a group of backpacks, one pet chicken with short legs, one 6-month kitten, two dogs ----it is a farm!

Bruno is the most experienced diving instructor I have ever met (so far). He has been diving for over 36 years with over 6000 dives!!! But still passion about the underwater world. He has lots of tips to share. You definitely could learn a lot from him.

It takes almost 2.5 hours to arrive at manggis gardern from airport, do prepare your trip appropriately.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank RuixinX1
kusmiatun, Owner at Manggis Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2017

Hello Ruixin,

Thanks for your REVIEW, it was our pleasure to have you and Yu Lu to be in Manggis Garden Dive Resort - Diving and develop your Diving Skills until what your desire.

We wish to see you again

Warmest Regards
Bruno and Atun

Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

Manggis Garden is a unique peaceful place in Bali, in a part of wild nature, ideal place for a retreat and recover from stress. A dive resort hidden in the hills behind Candidasa. I enjoyed so much the friendship of Atun and Bruno. Dinners are amazing! The view from the bungalows on the sea is simply astonishing! Definitely a place to discover and go again and again!

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank RegisTravel77
kusmiatun, Front Office Manager at Manggis Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2017

Dear Regis,

It was our pleasure to have you with us. We try to do our best to make you enjoy during your stay.

We wish to see you again soonest.

Have a Nice Day

Warmest Regards from Us.
Welcome to Manggis Garden's Family

Reviewed 28 February 2017

We really enjoyed our stay at Manggis Garden in a beautiful setting with a great view. Atun and Bruno did a wonderful job in decorating with a great eye for details. They were very accomodating hosts and great chefs- food was delicous! We also enjoyed the pool, our treking tour and the scuba diving.

Room tip: Togog and Semar house got the best views!
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank rebeccahajek
kusmiatun, Owner at Manggis Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

Thank you so much to booth of you Rebeca and Markus and we hope see you again in our small but kozi resort