Three Brothers Bungalows
US$ 145
FuramaXclusive Ocean Beach(Legian)(Great Value!)
US$ 98
US$ 73
Agoda.com
The Magani Hotel and Spa(Legian)(Great Value!)
US$ 154
US$ 107
Legian Beach Hotel(Legian)
US$ 151
US$ 121
Agoda.com
Ananta Legian Hotel(Legian)(Great Value!)
US$ 55
US$ 44
TripAdvisor
Club Bali Family Suites at Legian Beach(Legian)(Great Value!)
US$ 98
US$ 74
Agoda.com
Bliss Surfer Hotel(Legian)(Great Value!)
US$ 34
US$ 27
Agoda.com
Seaside Suites Bali(Legian)(Great Value!)
US$ 90
US$ 80
US$ 167
US$ 146
  • Breakfast included
Bali Chaya Hotel(Legian)(Great Value!)
US$ 25
US$ 21
Agoda.com
All reviewsoutdoor bathroommozzie netdeluxe suitegardens are beautifulnice poolgarden settingdvd playeran updatebalinese styleper nightlocation is greatincluded breakfastnasi gorengmain roadeach morningair conditionerbar fridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I booked for 1 night and checked out early. I found the staff in the reception very dishonest. My only request was that I needed wifi as I use this for work. When I phoned an hr before arriving I was ensured that they had wifi in the rooms so I agreed to book. I turned up at the hotel and was told they needed me to pay for the room up front. When I checked into my room I asked them for the wifi password. I was told that they did not have wifi as this was broken. I asked them why they had told me over the phone that they had wifi available when it does not work. Having access to internet was my only reason for booking.They were quite rude and there attitude was very uncaring and they laughed when I asked them why they had lied to me over the phone. As I walked off they started calling me derogatory language which I thought was very unprofessional since I had not been impolite or used bad language towards them. I decided afterwards that I would check out and stay somewhere else. I asked them to phone a taxi for me and was told I would have to 'pay' to have them call for me. I would not stay here as I just would not trust the staff here.

PROS - good location, very quiet for central legian.
CONS - very bad service & dishonesty, dark (bring a torch to find your way back to your room), place is very run down.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else,
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank zeg81
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Stayed for five nights in a fan room, the place is a bit run down and basic.
The negative:
Don´t expect any luxury, the room had no TV, fridge or other commodities and the bed linnen looked like they had been used for a while, breakfast was basic and could be improved.
The positive:
The location is good, five minutes to the beach, the place has a very large garden in traditional Balinese style. The pool area is not big and there are a few broken tiles but the water is clear and clean and the whole area is well looked after. It is also quiet and sheltered from the busy street outside.
Don´t stay here is you are looking for a modern hotel with all the commodities a fancy hotel has to offer. Do stay here if you like traditional Balinese culture.
I would stay here again

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bah69
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Step into The Tree Brothers and you are in another world. After the chaos of the streets it is a sanctuary of lush gardens ,little pathways, spacious rooms with outdoor bathrooms all with their own little outside area. Some even have their own little garden. I loved it. The pool area was very attractive and well maintained. I was surprised to find women walking the grounds selling massages and goods. That was a negative for me. Another negative was the restaurant. No ambiance whatsover, a large staff that could really do with some training. I stayed twice and will stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I have very mixed feeling about this hotel. We arrived at midnight and were escorted in the dark through the grounds only to find that there wasn't even a bottle of water in the room. We then had to find our way out to Padma Utara to a 24hr to buy some. Everywhere else I have stayed always supply at least something to get you started. We were in a deluxe room in a block of 4 with it's own private garden (opposite the poor monkey). There are two full-time workers keeping the place clean as these 4 rooms are privately owned. I think we were in room 8B downstairs. According to the brochure I was also lead to believe there would be a tv in the room, when I questioned at reception I got the run around and play dumb. Otherwise the room was great and the staff were always looking after us (Putu is great) and the gardens are beautiful.
The included breakfast was absolute crap! We gave up on day one and went out each morning after, preferring to pay for something decent.
The pool was very nice but forget about getting any service for a drink.
I wouldn't stay here again UNLESS I got the same room, but the hotel still offers value in a rare garden setting.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SalsaWA
Reviewed 22 May 2012

This is our fourth time back to Three Brothers and I love it.It does have its problems but I just love the rooms & the gardens and I can put up with its other faults just for these reasons.We always have a deluxe suite when we go and the rooms are massive and on the ground floor.There are only 12 of them in the hotel..There is a king size bed with lovely white cotton linen.The bed is comfortable & huge.I like the suites because they have an open air bathroom with a shower(which only dribbles) and a bath with a hand shower which has good pressure and this was what we used.They have now added soap & shampoo bottles which was a feature they didnt have before.I would still bring my own as they are rather basic.The suites have a DVD player & big screen TV but the TV channels are mostly Indonesian with only 2 English channels and nothing to watch.Didnt bother me as I dont watch TV.The airconditioning works very well and is quiet.There is a bar fridge which is small but can take a few bottles and milk etc.No kettles so if you like your cup of tea in the morning make sure you bring one with you.
The breakfasts are very simple with a choice of fruit salad or reconstituted juice(very sweet) and the choice of 1 egg to your taste & toast.If you like big buffet breakfasts then dont go here.The breakfast is tiny but was more than enough for us.The staff used to be quite sour faced in the restaurant but seem more cheerful and have more English now too.
It is still difficult to get a pool towel out by the pool but we just drip dried.It was very clean and inviting.There are not many chairs by the pool but lawn you can sit on if you are not luck enough to get one.
Now the downside.When you make your booking through the website you will get a confirmation of your booking.DO NOT BELIEVE you have a room waiting for you until you personally email the hotel.I have booked for Oct this year and went to choose my room only to find that they had no record of my booking or a room saved for me and 2 others in our party.There seems to be alot of lack of communiction between the booking agent and the hotel.Do not just turn up and expect your room to be there without confirming at least a couple of times,especially just before you leave.You may be disappointed.We had towels brought from home disappear from the front door steps where they had been hung to dry but it could have been anyone including other tourists that may have taken them.There are no room safes inside your room so you need to use the front desk.I havent had anything stolen from my room and find the cleaning staff to be friendly and efficient but its always better to be safe than sorry with your cash.
Falling cocnuts are another problem and this may sound silly but we had 4 near misses with coconuts falling on the paths in front of us from the trees.Luckily we havent had a hit but they would be deadly if they did.I think maybe some trimming from the palms around the paths may be a good idea.You often hear thumps around the gardens as they come down.
I love the wildlife around the gardens and three brothers also has its resident monkey who is gorgeous and affectionate.Make sure you go and give her a good scratch as she loves it and let her groom your hair.There are geckos,bats,lizards,squirrels and an abundance of birds.Lovely to sit on your verandah at dawn and watch them all.
I love three brothers as a place to stay but it isnt for all.If you like to be waited on by the staff and treated like a king then do not go here.It more for the back packer and person who is happy to do their own thing and organise their meals out of the hotel.No swim up bar and not really a bar to buy drinks at all really.You can get beers but Id rather go to the Mini mart next door and keep them in your room.Happy for anyone to contact me regarding anything about the hotel.

Room Tip: Go for a Deluxe suite or deluxe air con room
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends