“Great rooms! Average service”

Three Brothers Bungalows
Ranked #50 of 84 Hotels in Legian
“Great rooms! Average service”
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We stayed for 1 week mid July, first up we got dropped of at the front but it turns out reception is at the far end of the area. There were no signs and no one to help carry bags. Cleaners just kept pointing in 1 direction. Our room was beautiful, we had a half outdoor bathroom and it was lovely. Not as many Mosquitos as I thought so that was great. There is a pet monkey and we would pat her every day she is so cute. Breakfast is terrible, so small but I expected this from other reviews. There is a menu though and you can buy a good breakfast. Pool is average, pool area is a bit run down but surrounded by beautiful gardens. You will barely see any staff while you stay there!! Great place to stay if you are always out busy seeing things, not so much if you want to laze around a pool. We were over for a wedding and spent most of our time at other resorts where friends were staying. Also a really cheap Indonesian food place if you exit to the left about half way up on your left. Tiny shop but great food! And it's Sooo cheap. All in all great rooms so we enjoyed it, as we were so busy for our days and nighs anyway.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Katinahanson
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I booked for 1 night and checked out early. I found the staff in the reception very dishonest. My only request was that I needed wifi as I use this for work. When I phoned an hr before arriving I was ensured that they had wifi in the rooms so I agreed to book. I turned up at the hotel and was told they needed me to pay for the room up front. When I checked into my room I asked them for the wifi password. I was told that they did not have wifi as this was broken. I asked them why they had told me over the phone that they had wifi available when it does not work. Having access to internet was my only reason for booking.They were quite rude and there attitude was very uncaring and they laughed when I asked them why they had lied to me over the phone. As I walked off they started calling me derogatory language which I thought was very unprofessional since I had not been impolite or used bad language towards them. I decided afterwards that I would check out and stay somewhere else. I asked them to phone a taxi for me and was told I would have to 'pay' to have them call for me. I would not stay here as I just would not trust the staff here.

PROS - good location, very quiet for central legian.
CONS - very bad service & dishonesty, dark (bring a torch to find your way back to your room), place is very run down.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else,
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank zeg81

Travellers are raving about these Legian hotels

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Stayed for five nights in a fan room, the place is a bit run down and basic.
The negative:
Don´t expect any luxury, the room had no TV, fridge or other commodities and the bed linnen looked like they had been used for a while, breakfast was basic and could be improved.
The positive:
The location is good, five minutes to the beach, the place has a very large garden in traditional Balinese style. The pool area is not big and there are a few broken tiles but the water is clear and clean and the whole area is well looked after. It is also quiet and sheltered from the busy street outside.
Don´t stay here is you are looking for a modern hotel with all the commodities a fancy hotel has to offer. Do stay here if you like traditional Balinese culture.
I would stay here again

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bah69
Kandy
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Step into The Tree Brothers and you are in another world. After the chaos of the streets it is a sanctuary of lush gardens ,little pathways, spacious rooms with outdoor bathrooms all with their own little outside area. Some even have their own little garden. I loved it. The pool area was very attractive and well maintained. I was surprised to find women walking the grounds selling massages and goods. That was a negative for me. Another negative was the restaurant. No ambiance whatsover, a large staff that could really do with some training. I stayed twice and will stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Donnybrook, Australia
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I have very mixed feeling about this hotel. We arrived at midnight and were escorted in the dark through the grounds only to find that there wasn't even a bottle of water in the room. We then had to find our way out to Padma Utara to a 24hr to buy some. Everywhere else I have stayed always supply at least something to get you started. We were in a deluxe room in a block of 4 with it's own private garden (opposite the poor monkey). There are two full-time workers keeping the place clean as these 4 rooms are privately owned. I think we were in room 8B downstairs. According to the brochure I was also lead to believe there would be a tv in the room, when I questioned at reception I got the run around and play dumb. Otherwise the room was great and the staff were always looking after us (Putu is great) and the gardens are beautiful.
The included breakfast was absolute crap! We gave up on day one and went out each morning after, preferring to pay for something decent.
The pool was very nice but forget about getting any service for a drink.
I wouldn't stay here again UNLESS I got the same room, but the hotel still offers value in a rare garden setting.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple