“great place to stay”

Champlung Mas Hotel
Ranked #51 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 30 May 2012

nice rooms clean and tidy.acouple of little probems fixed straight away,
will stay here again.
staff always friendly and helpful.
breakfast was OK need to ask for what you want,staff quite helpful at breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank allan e
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Champlung Mas Hotel

Reviewed 14 May 2012

This was our first stay at the new wing of Champlung mas, We had deluxe pool room 107, close to pool bar and it wasnt noisey or smelly. Yes the Breaky was limited but better than nothing. All the staff were very friendly and helpful so i dont know what ppl are whinging about. Althought it could do with some new linen, the sheets are stained and the cleaners could do a better job. But overall it was great, such a good location. Pool is nice and cool and if you want to party on at night you can go next door to the older section. It has a 24 hour pool bar. Ladies at the spa are lovely too.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank heidiparties
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Rooms overlooking the pool with balconies are nice. Rooms are quite dark and if you stay in room 214 see if the light inside above the balcony door is fixed as they were to get an electrician to fix it while I was there in April. Door didn't fit the frame properly. If you are in a room with twin beds check that they have put clean sheets on both beds.
Staff are very pleasant but the driver from the hotel who I had arranged to take me to the airport didn't turn up for work on the morning I requested.
Room had a musty smell about it and as this section had only been open since Jan 2012 I was surprised. Construction still going on further along but didn't notice the noise unless I was on the balcony and then it wasn't annoying.
I would stay here again but mainly for the convenience of all shopping,etc.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the top floor so you don't get any noise from rooms above
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank touristo53
champlungmgr, Public Relations Manager at Champlung Mas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2012

Thank you for your review and associated observations.

I have looked into the maintenance issues you have raised and can confirm that the light has in fact already been fixed. With reference to the door frame, this is a problem associated with moist climates and as it would appear you are from NT would probably already be aware of this problem. The wood has natural shrinkage when dry and expands again when it gets wet. We have to build in a little leway to allow for this natural movement. I have however mentioned your comments to our Planners to see if we can come to another alternative.

I am sorry you felt there was a musty smell and that you felt the sheets had not been changed. We change all sheets on all beds daily unless requested specifically not to do so by the guest. I will ensure our Housekeeping staff are made aware of your comments and that it does not hapen again.

We are trying to keep our construction to a minimum and we are aiming to be fully completed in the new section before August.

Thank you for your continued confidence in choosing us for your future accommodation needs, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

This hotel looks nice from the outside but after a few days started to realize it wasn't that great...
- 'clean' towels and sheets had stains on them (make up and dirt)
- outside door didn't shut completely so mozzies can get in
- staff are LAZY we found one person lying on bed watching tv when meant to be cleaning, bathroom was never clean always sand left in the shower. Various times saw staff on balconies having a lengthy chat. One staff member drawing on the wall outside our room
- building is VERY disruptive. Loud drilling and workman shouting all hours of the day
- staff knocking on the door early in the morning to clean when trying to sleep
- breakfast awful, we ate there once then paid for out own breakfast elsewhere. The member of staff who bought
Over our eggs was coughing all over the food and making snorting noises.
- was told I couldn't swim in the pool as they were cleaning it at 3 in the afternoon...
- no DVD player
- rubbish light room too dark
All this is the new part of the hotel...had a friend who was given a room in the old part and he couldn't even put his bag down...
- spent silent day at hotel so couldn't leave, the food all together was awful and small, whilst we respected the culture and tradition of the day feel that more thought could have gone into the food for guests that day.

• Stayed: March 2012
4  Thank charlieeh
champlungmgr, Public Relations Manager at Champlung Mas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry you feel we have let you down on this occasion, however had you have felt so strongly about the matters you had raised I am not sure why you chose not to mention them to our staff during your stay.

As I am sure you are well aware we are undergoing renovations at the moment and the construction is limited to the hours of 8am and 5.30pm daily. You will appreciate that the building works need to be completed and if we chose to close the hotel during the process, not only would this be uneconomical it would result in a steep hike in prices at a later date. We are sorry that you feel inconvenienced by this but our records indicate that you were made well aware of this issue by the booking agents who you booked with. Additionally, some of our neighbouring properties are also undergoing renovations and this is possibly making the situation seem much worse than it actually is.

I have noted your concerns regarding our laundry and will be making sure that our suppliers take greater care in the future. I can only apologise that you feel our laundry was not up to the standard you would have expected.

I will ensure that our Housekeeping Team have been made aware of the comments you have aforementioned. I cannot at this stage confirm or otherwise as to the allegations you have made but they do give me grave cause for concern and I will be contacting you directly once my investigations have been completed.

All our rooms have 'Do Not Disturb' notices and should you have chosen to use this, you would not have been disturbed. Our housekeeping staff commence work at 8am as in the majority of hotels worldwide. If they were to start later in the day it would result in disturbances and other tasks that our staff have to undertake would be out of timing.

I am sorry that you felt our breakfast was not up to scratch so much that you chose to eat elsewhere. We do advertise it as a 'Light breakfast' and try to provide one asian and one european dish each day. Upon completion of our renovations we wil be concentrating on this area in review to previous feedback that we have received.

I am not aware why the swimming pool was being cleaned at 3pm, it is normally cleaned at 5am daily so can only assume there must have been a very good need for this incident to have occured and again will be contacting you once I have collated all the facts.

You mentioned that we do not provide a dvd player, we have never provided dvd players and whilst it is something we are looking to provide in our Deluxe Pool View rooms in the future I am not sure why you were under the impression that we did.

Nyepi is an annual Balinese tradition which we and all the other hotels have to respect and we appreciate that you respected it also. Please be mindful that guests staying in any hotel are allowed only in the grounds, if you were living in a house or staying in a villa you would not be able to leave your residence and not even be able to show any lights at night. We have to operate on a skeleton staff and are not allowed any noise, unnecessary movement or activities or disturbance during Nyepi. Ordinarily guests accept this as part of the Balinese culture which it is without question or issue.

It would appear that Champlung Mas was not for you, we accept this and as with any hotel or tourist destination or activity what may please one individual may not please another. We have a very loyal guest base and we are proud of our team here. A great deal of effort is going into out new product and I do sincerely welcome and points that our guests make however as I mentioned earlier, should you have chose to have mentioned any of the issues you encountered during your stay we could have tried to assist you in dealing with it.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

We have stay at Champ Mas everytime we come to Bali and asbsolutely love it! love the position, love the staff. This time we stayed in the new section for the first time and unfortunately the room had a really bad mould smell and sewerage smell. It was also very noisy next to the pool. Not complaining but just some feedback for them. I will probable stay here again but maybe on the top floor where there may be some more air ventilation

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sammywammy1969
champlungmgr, Public Relations Manager at Champlung Mas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Thank you for your review.

We are pleased you decided to visit us again and value your continued custom. It is always a pleasure to welcome back guests who have stayed with us before and is a boost to our team that we are achieving our goals.

We are aware of the issues of 'sewer smells' and as mentioned previously the source of the problem has been identified to a neighbouring property and the matter is being dealt with as a matter of urgency. We are in continued talks with our neighbours to deal with this swiftly.

I will ensure the matter of a 'mould smell' is looked into also and appreciate you letting us know about it.

Our pool view rooms are marketed as such for those who prefer direct pool access, accordingly there will be some noise from the pool as it is in such close proximity. In response to previous feedback, we have introduced a policy whereby the poolside bar will close at 12 Midnight.

At Champung Mas we do have two sections to our property, our former property is marketed as 'Superior' and our new section which incorporates reception is marketed as 'Deluxe'. Once our renovations have been completed on our new section, we will subject to investment and planning formalaties begin a refresh of our Superior rooms, they will retain their Balinese theme however will incorporate some more modern twists. Our website will reflect this as and when we have news. Please feel free to contact us via the Tripadvisor forum if you have any questions about this or any other matter as it seems to cause a great deal of confusion with intending guests.