“Tranquil Balanise Style Hotel”
Review of Balisani Padma

Balisani Padma
Ranked #81 of 84 Hotels in Legian
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Tranquil Balanise Style Hotel”
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Most sites either rate the Balisani Padma as a 2 or 2 & a half star. If you judge this hotel on this star rating & you get a good price as online as I did for US$43 per night including breakfast & all taxes then I consider it excellent value for money & is my second year I have stayed at the Hotel. Balisani Padma Hotel is located on Jl. Padma Utara in Legian & this street is the back entance for hotels that are on the beach & where no cars are allowed on beach front from Jl. Melasti almost all the way to Jl. Double Six ( Jl. Arjuna ) & there is a wide walking path on beach front, If you require a higher standard of accomodation stay in this area on the beach front but expect to pay US$250 per night & upwards of that cost !! My room only had indonesian TV but there is a Satellite TV in Manur restaurant by the pool. If you enjoy live sport probably the best bar in the area in fact probably for Kuta, Legian & Seminyak is in front of the Garden View Hotel 5 minutes walk south on Jl. Padma Utara just before Jl. Padma. I had a minor problem in my room which Mr Sujana who is the Supervisor or Manager got it fixed for me & also rang several times & visited my room to check that everything was okay. I just got the standard room which I found quite spacious on the first floor ( there is just Ground Level & First Floor ), There was a good flow of water in the shower & 2 towels & bathmat changed daily. Air Conditioning was good & because I was on the first floor I had a small bacony which I good contemplate the day. I like the Balanise style architecture & the tranquil grounds with nice trees but still without being too big a hotel. Best of all I love the pool because it is not too large & most of it is not above your head & has a swim-up bar. When you are in the hotel you feel completly relaxed & forget the bustle outside the hotel grounds. Another reason I choose the Balisani Padma is the walking distance to restaurants & bars that I like in Jl. Padma Utara, Jl. Padma, Jl. Sahadewa ( Garlic Lane ) & Jl. Melasti & if you go North on Jl. Padma Utara on the sweeping bend where Adika Sari Bungalows are & then where the bend straightens you will find Petit Cafe on the laneway which is the back entrance to the Bali Niksoma where food is made with love, the prices are so reasonable & you may have the pleasure of meeting Dobie who often greets the restaurant guests, then continue on Jl. Padma Utara to the back entrance of Jayakarta Bali & even though it does not look like a road continue straight on to Jl. Double Six ( Jl Arjuna ) where you will find Warung Asia just before the corner of these two roads & on the corner an excellent Italian Pizza Restaurant & across the road on Jl. Double Six Warung Murah. I feel secure putting my valuables in the safe at the Balisani Padma Hotel even when I stayed a couple of nights away from the hotel & I like the fact you get a mix of tourists staying at the hotel including Indonesian & the fact that normally it is not a noisy yahoo hotel where you can't get any sleep. The staff will treat you well & have some patience if you have a minor problem you should be able to get it sorted out !!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank gerald553
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2012

A group of 5 of us (of which my partner and I had a seperate room) stayed for 9 days and could not have been more happy. We are students so a budget hotel was appropriate for us: you get an awesome place for what you pay.
The location is amazing: the beach is a 3min walk, shops and markets and restaurants all within walking distance, and only a 10min (with traffic) taxi ride to the centre of Kuta for minimal cost. (taxis and drivers are always waiting out the front so you never have to wait long for transport. Always travel the Blue bird taxis and ask for the meter.)
The staff are friendly, speak english and are so cute. Loved the breakfast ladies, and Jew who made delicious cocktails by the poolside bar. Very easy to organise day trips with drivers through the reception (however make sure you ask for a driver who can speak english)
We stayed in a cottage room. Downsides was the size of the toilet (knees banging on the door); just a hand spray in the bath (but was more than efficient with hot water) and a creaky bed (but what do you expect with a wooden base). Fittings are slightly dated and no international adaptor.
Positives: Huge bed! Air con was amazing (slight muggy smell when we first entered the room but after 10 mins or so of the door and windows opened and blasting the air con, the smell went away and did not return for the duration of our stay. Again this can be expected in a humid, tropical climate.) They glady gave us more pillows when we asked. Private with balinese architectural styling. Spacious stoep where we could all enjoy a few drinks.
Breakfast consisted of noodles, veggies, rices, pancakes, fruits: water and dew melons, pineapple and papaya; toast and eggs done anyway you like: Definately try a mixed omeltte-yum! Juices, tea and coffee.
The pool is amazing although does not get much sun in the afternoon. Limited lounge chairs however the beach is only 3 mins down the road. Spa and massage right next to the pool but don't go by their times.
All-in-all we loved it here and would def reccommend it to friends travelling on a budget to Bali.

Room Tip: Cottage rooms are the bigger, better choice however be prepared for a small toilet.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2012 via mobile

Location was the only good thing about this hotel. Paying what we did we did not expect something amazing but the rooms were run down, the bed was very noisy and the lack of wireless was inconvenient. In comparison to where we had been staying staff weren't as friendly or helpful.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Legian hotels

Batam, Indonesia
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I was VERY disappointed that the hotel did not offer Internet service. The hotel does appear on Internet sites but doesn't offer this service, which in today's world is as basic as electricity. Also, there was no shower, just a tub and a hand sprayer. The room (it was billed as a bungalow) was small. TV stations on the small TV were minimum, mostly useless. Towels were cheap and old. On the Internet, the hotel said it was one block from the beach - yeah, maybe if you could fly. The actual walk was closer to six blocks.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I came here with my kids, so we had 2 rooms. My main issue was with the rooms, old and run-down. The toilet wasn't clean, the sheets and towels were ripped, they could improve the rooms and do some renovation specially on the toilets/bathrooms. As a budget price hotel you cannot expect it to be 5 star. I only use my room to shower, sleep and leave my bags in and that is it, so for me this hotel was fine as the rooms are very basic. Breakfast was nice and had option of either cooked or continental.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family