“Probably the best stay ever”

Padma Resort Legian
Ranked #2 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I never thought I would ever give 5 out of 5 stars for a stay, but this stay deserves 5 stars. Location was great in Denpasar. A beautiful beach, shops and restaurants are close and within walking distance.

The resort is really amazing. You have everything here - for families I could imagine the resort as being as perfect as possible. Great swimming pools, restaurants, parks, bars, you name it and they have it here.

My room was clean and very nice - very high quality furniture used all over the place.

Free and fast WIFI was free (and since I had my own router in the room, the signal was really good). The staff was very professional and friendly. The room service was very good and everybody was able to speak good english.

Dont hesitate to book this Resort.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ShahDenmark
PadmaResort_GM, General Manager at Padma Resort Legian, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

Dear Valued Reviewer,

Greetings from Padma Resort Bali!

Thank you for your kind review and comments. It’s great to hear that you’re impressed with our resort facilities, the cleanliness of the room and also the friendliness of our staffs. I’m also glad that you enjoyed the fast and free wifi connection in your room.

All of us here are looking forward to your return stay with us in the near future.

With Warm Regards,

T. Soerjanto

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 May 2012

The stay was flawless, the airport pickup was fine but could do with a touch of ice water and cold towel (this would be a real plus). Check in was smooth and the rooms given to us were well located. The property is immaculately kept and at no time did I see anything out of place. Rooms are large and comfortable (nicely styled too). Breakfast was one of the best I have had and the capuccino (although extra) is worth it. The meals in resteraunts were all very good too and quite reasonable. the lagoon pool and fish pools around the property are a nice touch.
Great place to stay - highly recommend.

Room Tip: I had a villa 501/503 close to the breakfast and resort pool - well located
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Smart_Traveler_333
Reviewed 4 May 2012

This wasn't a place my family and I would normally book into, being more backpackers and transient travellers. However, our travel agent thought it would be a good place to start our 2 month adventure.
Staying at the Padma certainly raised the bar in our childrens' eyes for future accommodation. Within one hour of arriving at Denpasar airport, we were in one of the two swimming pools, drinking freshly squeezed juice and eating sates on fluffy white rice.
The rooms were lovely and big, and we were given adjoining rooms as there is 5 of us. One had a king bed with a small settee that would've doubled as a bed, the other room and two singles, again with the settee.
Bathroom was exquisite, nicer than my own at home. It had all the mod cons you'd expect from a hotel of this calibre. Only criticism of the room, it was a little COLD. But hey, I can live with that.
Breakfast was probably the most amazing I've ever seen. It catered for every possible international taste and was included in the price of the room. We counted around 200 people having breakfast at one stage and the food never stopped coming. Not sure whether it was the 8 different types of fruit juice or the 14 different types of bread that had as watering at the mouth. Each morning, we'd order something different from the chef, who made your eggs to order. The kids were thrilled with the food, even had CoCo Pops which they very soon got sick of and explored other delicacies.
The two pools were a hit with the kids, with tunnels and waterfalls. They'd swim right up until they were asked to leave late at night.
Check in, check out was efficient. Staff always friendly. Would've liked wifi in our room and had to go to a small cafe near reception to log on, but it was free when you were within range.
Location is great, right near the end of the Legian beach area.
Would only go again if someone else was paying as it was expensive but certainly is a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank UrbanDrifter
Reviewed 3 May 2012 via mobile

Just spent 10 days here with my husband and 2 small children (2 and 5). Beautiful resort, child friendly, great food, good location, attentive staff, kids club ok for a few hours here and there. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone with kids who wants 5 star luxury without feeling embarrassed about having kids. The staff are really attentive, love the kids and make you feel special. Whatever they are doing in this resort they are doing right! Book your stay, you won't regret it! And I am a fussy customer.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank JoJaceJackOscar
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We stayed at the Padma Resort in Legian last weekend and I must say that we were extremely impressed with the resort - it was very clean, the staff were courteous, helpful and friendly and the facilities were good. The resort also had a bar with beautiful views of the beach and the sunset.

The rooms are very spacious, clean and comfortable. Service was extremely efficient - both from House keeping and Room service. The breakfast spread has very good, although the size of the bread loaf may need some modification (too big for the toaster). I was disappointed with the quality of the fried rice that I had through room service - it was extremely bland and lacked any flavour.

A suggestion for the resort management would be to provide more fans in the breakfast area - at least to ensure that a majority of the table received some breeze. The fans are located sporadically and they don't fully cover the restaurant. Also, I would recommend that the restaurant staff were trained to be more efficient - we had to ask for things at least 2 or 3 times everyday, before we got what we asked for. I fully acknowledge that the staff were busy and the restaurant was full - but for a 5 star property, this is one of the basic requirements - efficient staff!

The bell boys were very efficient, courteous and helpful. They gave me advice on which taxis to take and this made a big difference in my taxi fare.

All in all, a great resort (despite my little grumbles) and we will definitely stay at this resort again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shankar G

Dear Valued Reviewer,

Greetings from Padma Resort Bali!

Thank you for your review of our resort. I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay and satisfied with our resort facilities and services in general. I’d also like to thank you for your constructive feedback and inputs. It’s been shared among our team for our further improvement.

On behalf of the Padma Team, I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.

Kindly Regards,

T. Soerjanto

Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
0.4 km away
2.7 km away
The Legian Bali
The Legian Bali
#8 of 148 in Seminyak

Been to Padma Resort Legian? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK