“Padma Resort Bali at Legian” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Padma Resort Legian

Padma Resort Legian
Ranked #3 of 82 Hotels in Legian
Melbourne
“Padma Resort Bali at Legian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

This wasn't a place my family and I would normally book into, being more backpackers and transient travellers. However, our travel agent thought it would be a good place to start our 2 month adventure.
Staying at the Padma certainly raised the bar in our childrens' eyes for future accommodation. Within one hour of arriving at Denpasar airport, we were in one of the two swimming pools, drinking freshly squeezed juice and eating sates on fluffy white rice.
The rooms were lovely and big, and we were given adjoining rooms as there is 5 of us. One had a king bed with a small settee that would've doubled as a bed, the other room and two singles, again with the settee.
Bathroom was exquisite, nicer than my own at home. It had all the mod cons you'd expect from a hotel of this calibre. Only criticism of the room, it was a little COLD. But hey, I can live with that.
Breakfast was probably the most amazing I've ever seen. It catered for every possible international taste and was included in the price of the room. We counted around 200 people having breakfast at one stage and the food never stopped coming. Not sure whether it was the 8 different types of fruit juice or the 14 different types of bread that had as watering at the mouth. Each morning, we'd order something different from the chef, who made your eggs to order. The kids were thrilled with the food, even had CoCo Pops which they very soon got sick of and explored other delicacies.
The two pools were a hit with the kids, with tunnels and waterfalls. They'd swim right up until they were asked to leave late at night.
Check in, check out was efficient. Staff always friendly. Would've liked wifi in our room and had to go to a small cafe near reception to log on, but it was free when you were within range.
Location is great, right near the end of the Legian beach area.
Would only go again if someone else was paying as it was expensive but certainly is a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank UrbanDrifter
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,222)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012 via mobile

Just spent 10 days here with my husband and 2 small children (2 and 5). Beautiful resort, child friendly, great food, good location, attentive staff, kids club ok for a few hours here and there. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone with kids who wants 5 star luxury without feeling embarrassed about having kids. The staff are really attentive, love the kids and make you feel special. Whatever they are doing in this resort they are doing right! Book your stay, you won't regret it! And I am a fussy customer.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank JoJaceJackOscar
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

We stayed at the Padma Resort in Legian last weekend and I must say that we were extremely impressed with the resort - it was very clean, the staff were courteous, helpful and friendly and the facilities were good. The resort also had a bar with beautiful views of the beach and the sunset.

The rooms are very spacious, clean and comfortable. Service was extremely efficient - both from House keeping and Room service. The breakfast spread has very good, although the size of the bread loaf may need some modification (too big for the toaster). I was disappointed with the quality of the fried rice that I had through room service - it was extremely bland and lacked any flavour.

A suggestion for the resort management would be to provide more fans in the breakfast area - at least to ensure that a majority of the table received some breeze. The fans are located sporadically and they don't fully cover the restaurant. Also, I would recommend that the restaurant staff were trained to be more efficient - we had to ask for things at least 2 or 3 times everyday, before we got what we asked for. I fully acknowledge that the staff were busy and the restaurant was full - but for a 5 star property, this is one of the basic requirements - efficient staff!

The bell boys were very efficient, courteous and helpful. They gave me advice on which taxis to take and this made a big difference in my taxi fare.

All in all, a great resort (despite my little grumbles) and we will definitely stay at this resort again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Shankar G
PadmaResort_GM, General Manager at Padma Resort Legian, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Dear Valued Reviewer,

Greetings from Padma Resort Bali!

Thank you for your review of our resort. I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay and satisfied with our resort facilities and services in general. I’d also like to thank you for your constructive feedback and inputs. It’s been shared among our team for our further improvement.

On behalf of the Padma Team, I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.

Kindly Regards,

T. Soerjanto
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

I was so pleased when entering through the front gates into the Padma hotel, beautiful gardens, beautiful staff and so many happy visitors, I was sad when leaving the gates to head back home - I will be back
Well Done

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Amanda V
mattriand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

If you havent been to Bali before, this would be a great hotel to stay at, in the middle of stuff and once back it feels like a sanctuary once you are inside. The location is good for first timers to Bali, who are on foot.
If you have been to Bali many times before, it’s okay for a day or two, but you could do better as it’s all very ‘resort formula’. Mind you, its a good formula and they do it well. I had a scooter, and had to ride a distance to get food that wasn’t touristy though.
I liked: The totally blacked out rooms, extra comfortable beds. The actual rooms are really good, although be aware if you are at ground level in a garden villa, the walkways look right into your room.
I disliked: being approached 4 TIMES at breakfast to be asked my room number aggressively. Not subtily, but loudly in front of other guests. I thought it was a joke of some sort but it was aggressive and I was made to feel like they thought I had snuck into the hotel to steal their buffet food. Unbelievable! It really annoyed me.
All in all, it’s a very solid product, no real complaints but it’s a mass market hotel I guess. Im a but more adventurous.

Room Tip: upstairs if in garden rooms