“Good product” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 84 Hotels in Legian
mattriand
“Good product”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

If you havent been to Bali before, this would be a great hotel to stay at, in the middle of stuff and once back it feels like a sanctuary once you are inside. The location is good for first timers to Bali, who are on foot.
If you have been to Bali many times before, it’s okay for a day or two, but you could do better as it’s all very ‘resort formula’. Mind you, its a good formula and they do it well. I had a scooter, and had to ride a distance to get food that wasn’t touristy though.
I liked: The totally blacked out rooms, extra comfortable beds. The actual rooms are really good, although be aware if you are at ground level in a garden villa, the walkways look right into your room.
I disliked: being approached 4 TIMES at breakfast to be asked my room number aggressively. Not subtily, but loudly in front of other guests. I thought it was a joke of some sort but it was aggressive and I was made to feel like they thought I had snuck into the hotel to steal their buffet food. Unbelievable! It really annoyed me.
All in all, it’s a very solid product, no real complaints but it’s a mass market hotel I guess. Im a but more adventurous.

Room Tip: upstairs if in garden rooms
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank mattriand
PadmaResort_GM, General Manager at Padma Resort Legian, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Dear Valued Reviewer,

Greetings from Padma Resort Bali!

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your review on TripAdvisor.

I’m pleased to know that you liked our resort in general, especially the room. I appreciate your feedback regarding our breakfast staff. I’ve shared your comments with my team to ensure that it won’t happen again to other patrons in the future.

On behalf of all the staffs here, I look forward to having you back with us again should your travel itinerary brings you back to Legian area.

Kindly Regards,

T. Soerjanto
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,230)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

First time to Bali. We stayed on the 1st floor overlooking the lagoon pool. It was fabulous. We were a bit hesitant at first thinking it would be noisy but were pleasantly surprise how quiet it was. The staff are fabulous and very friendly. The resort is huge with 3 restaurant. Our fabourite was the Italian their food was so tasty. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Padma and will go back again. Try the green tea with ginger and honey. I had a touch of Bali belly. My hubby had mentioned it to one of the waiters at breakfast and within a minute they were off concocting this hot tea to settle the belly. Now I'm hooked on it.

Room Tip: Choose the 1st floor around the lagoon
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
jakarta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

My family (myself, my wife and our 5 years old daughter - we are all Indonesians) stayed at this hotel in the last week of April 2012. Fantastic!!! That's very much I can say about this hotel. The location is very good. Opposite to the beach (pay IDR 50k for locals to rent 2 seats on the beach from many tents along the beach. Foreigners pay IDR100k). Staff quality is excellent as they are attentive and definitely not too pushy if you stay in most of western hotels. My daughter enjoys plenty of attentions from the staff as we can surely tell if they fake it out. Breakfast is good but tends to be repetitive without many improvised foods. On our last day in the hotel, we gave it up and opted for breakfast sent to our room. Swimming pools are fabulous!!! The lagoon one is definitely a place to go and will suit those who want to exercise due to the length of this pool.

We stayed at Chalet room and a bit far from both swimming pools and reception desk and we had rain on our 2nd day staying in the hotel and had to wait until the rain stopped at the reception area. The Chalet is a room equipped with an outdoor semi-private garden so you can relax outside your room. For us it is a big no-no as the mosquitoes flied like crazy everytime we opened our room door.

We had airport transfers both on arrival and departure. Amazing service!!!

The only thing we regret and definitely this has nothing to do with the hotel at all is the quality of the foreigners who come to ali and stay at this hotel. I have travelled in many expensive hotels around the world and never received any unpleasant gesture from other guests. Our family went swimming in both pools and the minute we put our stuffs on our pool seats then immediately the foreigners nearby would return to where they sat and watched their belongings. I guess they must have been brainwashed by news in their countries to be careful with local Indonesians. I feel sorry for their negative attitude as I never behave like that towards foreigners but I am thinking of doing the same thing next time I go abroad.

Next time it is better for the immigration to put a local culture introduction for these foreigners as who will help these foreigners if they are having difficulties in Indonesia if not the Indonesians themselves.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask a room close to both swimming pools and not too far from the reception desk if you...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank edwinws
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Wow, what can i say?...What a resort! This was in fact my first experience staying in a resort but having worked both worked and played in 4 and 5 star hotels i can say this place is top notch!

My boyfriend and i stayed at Padma for 6 nights in February and i can honestly say i would not consider staying at any other hotel or resort when i return to Bali which hopefully will be sooner rather than later.

There are a lot of reviews on this website that state that its a family orientated resort and the grounds can be noisy with kids. We went just after the school holidays ended which we believe was the best time to come as a lot of the guests seemed to be Australian (no surprises there) and fortunately seemed to return back home and to reality. We hardly saw many kids at all which was excellent.

The gardens are such a draw card, you could be anywhere in the world as soon as walk through the grounds. They are luscious and well manicured and really give the property quite the edge over other resorts- trust me i did a lot of research when planning this holiday!

Staff were amazing, made our stay very personalised by addressing myself and my partner by name each day and ensuring our stay was perfect in every way.

The breakfast spread is insanely huge, however please excuse the cranky businessmen trying to get their freshly cooked eggs. This was probably the biggest point i could complain about the property- perhaps they need another person cooking made to order eggs as there did seem to be a delay. Insignificant in the grand scheme of things and certainly i was in no particular rush so i didnt phase me too much.

We stayed in a Deluxe Chalet room which had the most enormous king size bed...im sure it was larger than a standard australian king size bed- easily fitting 6 or 8 people in it- did i mention massive?

The room was very clean and yes they provide water everyday for teeth brushing as the water is undrinkable. Loved the balcony on the room and the huge shower. The rooms also have a day bed inside which is great for lounging out on and watching a dvd when you just cant walk anymore.

The swim up pool bars were excellent with prompt service - a little pricey but thats what you pay in hotels and resorts. Cafe's and restaurants are all on site as well which is excellent if you just cant leave the poolside. We had dinner on the first night in the resort and that was just devine.

The staff were wonderful in helping us choose a restaurant in jimbaran bay for Valentines day and we also appreciated the use of the departure lounge when we had some time to kill before heading to the airport on the way home.

The resort itself is very central and most things are within walking distance. The tour office is also on site so that made life extra simple.

Cant wait to go back! Reality is just not as great as being at Padma.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MetalQueen
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

We stayed here back in June 2009 and it was absolutely excellent! Beautiful property, lots of restaurants, bars and services services, nice quiet location and fantastic location to have sunset cocktails. Maybe a little pricey but worth it as we couldn't have complained about a thing!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
0.3 km away
1.8 km away
The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection
2.6 km away
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Padma Resort Legian? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK