“Fantastic Vacation Apart from Foreigners”

Padma Resort Legian
Ranked #3 of 84 Hotels in Legian
jakarta
“Fantastic Vacation Apart from Foreigners”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

My family (myself, my wife and our 5 years old daughter - we are all Indonesians) stayed at this hotel in the last week of April 2012. Fantastic!!! That's very much I can say about this hotel. The location is very good. Opposite to the beach (pay IDR 50k for locals to rent 2 seats on the beach from many tents along the beach. Foreigners pay IDR100k). Staff quality is excellent as they are attentive and definitely not too pushy if you stay in most of western hotels. My daughter enjoys plenty of attentions from the staff as we can surely tell if they fake it out. Breakfast is good but tends to be repetitive without many improvised foods. On our last day in the hotel, we gave it up and opted for breakfast sent to our room. Swimming pools are fabulous!!! The lagoon one is definitely a place to go and will suit those who want to exercise due to the length of this pool.

We stayed at Chalet room and a bit far from both swimming pools and reception desk and we had rain on our 2nd day staying in the hotel and had to wait until the rain stopped at the reception area. The Chalet is a room equipped with an outdoor semi-private garden so you can relax outside your room. For us it is a big no-no as the mosquitoes flied like crazy everytime we opened our room door.

We had airport transfers both on arrival and departure. Amazing service!!!

The only thing we regret and definitely this has nothing to do with the hotel at all is the quality of the foreigners who come to ali and stay at this hotel. I have travelled in many expensive hotels around the world and never received any unpleasant gesture from other guests. Our family went swimming in both pools and the minute we put our stuffs on our pool seats then immediately the foreigners nearby would return to where they sat and watched their belongings. I guess they must have been brainwashed by news in their countries to be careful with local Indonesians. I feel sorry for their negative attitude as I never behave like that towards foreigners but I am thinking of doing the same thing next time I go abroad.

Next time it is better for the immigration to put a local culture introduction for these foreigners as who will help these foreigners if they are having difficulties in Indonesia if not the Indonesians themselves.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask a room close to both swimming pools and not too far from the reception desk if you...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank edwinws
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,249)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Wow, what can i say?...What a resort! This was in fact my first experience staying in a resort but having worked both worked and played in 4 and 5 star hotels i can say this place is top notch!

My boyfriend and i stayed at Padma for 6 nights in February and i can honestly say i would not consider staying at any other hotel or resort when i return to Bali which hopefully will be sooner rather than later.

There are a lot of reviews on this website that state that its a family orientated resort and the grounds can be noisy with kids. We went just after the school holidays ended which we believe was the best time to come as a lot of the guests seemed to be Australian (no surprises there) and fortunately seemed to return back home and to reality. We hardly saw many kids at all which was excellent.

The gardens are such a draw card, you could be anywhere in the world as soon as walk through the grounds. They are luscious and well manicured and really give the property quite the edge over other resorts- trust me i did a lot of research when planning this holiday!

Staff were amazing, made our stay very personalised by addressing myself and my partner by name each day and ensuring our stay was perfect in every way.

The breakfast spread is insanely huge, however please excuse the cranky businessmen trying to get their freshly cooked eggs. This was probably the biggest point i could complain about the property- perhaps they need another person cooking made to order eggs as there did seem to be a delay. Insignificant in the grand scheme of things and certainly i was in no particular rush so i didnt phase me too much.

We stayed in a Deluxe Chalet room which had the most enormous king size bed...im sure it was larger than a standard australian king size bed- easily fitting 6 or 8 people in it- did i mention massive?

The room was very clean and yes they provide water everyday for teeth brushing as the water is undrinkable. Loved the balcony on the room and the huge shower. The rooms also have a day bed inside which is great for lounging out on and watching a dvd when you just cant walk anymore.

The swim up pool bars were excellent with prompt service - a little pricey but thats what you pay in hotels and resorts. Cafe's and restaurants are all on site as well which is excellent if you just cant leave the poolside. We had dinner on the first night in the resort and that was just devine.

The staff were wonderful in helping us choose a restaurant in jimbaran bay for Valentines day and we also appreciated the use of the departure lounge when we had some time to kill before heading to the airport on the way home.

The resort itself is very central and most things are within walking distance. The tour office is also on site so that made life extra simple.

Cant wait to go back! Reality is just not as great as being at Padma.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MetalQueen
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

We stayed here back in June 2009 and it was absolutely excellent! Beautiful property, lots of restaurants, bars and services services, nice quiet location and fantastic location to have sunset cocktails. Maybe a little pricey but worth it as we couldn't have complained about a thing!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

First of all this is our second stay I. This hotel. Years ago when they just started, with no lagoon pool we were happy here. These days the price just didn't meet our expectation. Even with discounted price that cut almost half the price. We should knew once we tried their complimentary welcome drink, it taste so bad and took so long.

Our room was at the lagoon pool but looking to the back. We got pond with fish, hanger for the wet clothes but no sun. They gave us free extra bed. The bed actually very comfy just like I remembered. But the room so damp. Parking was very near to our room. Outside hotels very convenient to walk for shopping and food, but the damp room just ruin our vacation. And oh the first night I almost step to a black worm in the bathroom near the toilet, so shocking!

Food were great until one of the female waiters tried to get rid off my hubby who came back again to feed my youngest kid who just woke up. The manager was called and everything was okay....

I didn't get any bad experience with the restaurant staff, they even served me nicely put up a clean table even I showed up 10 minutes before closing time.

Food were great, they tried to make something different not fantastic but quiet yummy. Pancake and waffle not eatable though. Just stick with fruit as dessert. Cold selection was good, EEG was great. Overall it's worth my effort to wake up and have breakfast.

Will we come again? Probably not. The kids club was bigger than ever but surprisingly both my kids didnt bother to go there. It must be that bad and boring since everywhere we go my kids usually need to be dragged out of the kids club. Lagoon pool was so nice my kids just spend their time there. But with the escalating price, the room just not worth the price. It looked old, even though the staff said it just been renovated.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank chinggu
PadmaResort_GM, General Manager at Padma Resort Legian, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Dear Valued Reviewer,

Greetings from Padma Resort Bali!

Thank you for sharing your experience staying in our resort on TripAdvisor.

I’m sorry that your recent stay with us wasn’t up to your satisfaction. I’ve noted your feedback and have shared it with my team for our improvement in the future.

I hope that we’ll have another opportunity to accommodate you back again, so you can enjoy a different experience at Padma Resort Bali.

Warmest Regards,

T. Soerjanto
tehran
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

padma is the best hotel I have ever stayed in.we stayed in a chalet for 7 night .hotel was very good for family and kids.friendly staff,great gardens,very clean rooms and bali traditional architecture was made a dream trip for us.I suggest this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
0.2 km away
0.8 km away
The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection
1.6 km away
The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection

Been to Padma Resort Legian? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK