New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“You call this SPA? - Not that cheap, hot, very noisy, horrible AVOID!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Luna Spa Legian

Luna Spa Legian
Ranked #10 of 30 Spas & Wellness in Legian
World
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“You call this SPA? - Not that cheap, hot, very noisy, horrible AVOID!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

This was the second 'spa' that we called and managed to get through the line. We had been collecting brochures the day before. We made a booking for 4 for 2 hour treatment each. We usually have our treament at Seminyak but this was a last minute decision to have a massage that day. The massage area upstairs had only partitions to separate each massage area and curtains for 'privacy'. The aircon was weak and thus the area was hot and stuffy. There was an inconsiderate male guest who was talking loud enough for us to hear and knew his life story after 20mins. The worse part was that his masseuse was encouranging him to talk by being all giggly and asking many questions, very very irritating. It was obvious that my masseuese was not experienced and I had to ask her to massage harder twice!...not much difference. I also heard another lady (not our friend) asking her masseuse to massage harder more than once. They used cream to massage and not oil. My friend who had the scrub said it was not effective and when asked if they use Sekar Jegat brand (a pricier brand) that they advertised at their reception, they kept quiet. What really made me feel like getting up and leaving was that their staff downstairs were speaking and laughing extremely loudly without any consideration whatsoever to those who wants peace and relaxation when they go to a spa. We had creme bath after and realised that they had only 2 chairs for those who wants hair treatment. Therefore, me and my friend as well as 2 other ladies had to sit on a stool, uncomfortable. The promised 45min hair creme bath lasted 15min. Why? Because they had overbooked. I can understand a bit of Bahasa Indonesia and heard one of the staff complaining and asking who had overbooked. The very fierce-looking 'supervisor' said that its good they have more customers so that they can get training, unlike other 'spa' places who do not train their staff.....HUH? I rolled my eyes, paid for their horrible service and left. For the price we paid, it was a total waste of money. There are many spas in Bali do your research before you go. AVOID this place!

2 Thank Idanzz
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Indonesian first
Perth, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“It's ok!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

Average service For a cheap price.. You pay for what you get! :)

Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

They had wonderful cheap packages to choose from. Awesome massage! Staff were very friendly and attended to all your requests. We went twice and if knew about it earlier, we would have went everyday!! Also location was nice and close to our resort (just down the street).

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“It was ok...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

I loved my massage but hated my facial here. She was just slapping stuff on and rubbing it all over my face I was not very impressed. Santai Spa nearby is much better.

Townsville, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful Spa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

My Partner and I just came back from Bali and we had the most amazing time.
We both went to Luna Spa and I recieved a manicure, pedicure, foot massage, my nails painted and a neck massage for about $15. It was so good. My partner also had a back massage which was amazing and only about $5. I would recommend Luna Spa to other Bali Go-ers!