“nice room, bad service”

Sydney, Australia
“nice room, bad service”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Positive :
- The room was basic but clean and modern. The shower was good, nice and roomy.
- Area modern and fresh.
- Nice view from the tower, shame no one really made the most of it.

Negative:
- Tucked down a back lane so don’t expect on door drop off.
- No lights along the back lanes heading to the hotel so can be a bit scary
- Breakfast – We just stuck to the basic jam on toast, with fruit. All though this was nice. The staff wasn’t very impressed that we didn’t order more.
- Receptionist seemed to have a bit of an attitude, like she didn’t want to be there, felt like I was putting her out by asking the simplest questions.
- Forget about the complementary massage. I was advised that the massage lady only does one person at a time, is only limited to a few hours at the beginning of the day, and you have to put your name down on the board to get a spot. I was told I would have to wait down stairs at 7:30am in the hope to get a spot for a massage, that may not be until midday. I did go to look at the board nearly every morning, but always found it completely full.

Not the best way to end our holiday

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Indonesian first
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 25 March 2012

After 2weeks of staying in very questionble accommodation I was looking for somewhere nice to relax for a few days in Bali. I read about the Island on trip adviser and decided to book 3nights in the dorm.Best decision of my whole holiday! It was a 12 bed dorm so i was a bit anxious about noise cleanliness etc. No need to worry at all..the room was huge and so clean. The beds were the most spacious comfortable clean bunk beds ive ever seen. The shared bathroom was always spotless. The pool area is very nice. The free breakfast was so tasty and all the food on the cafe menu was amazing freshly made tasty and reasonably priced. The location is great so close to the action but just back far enough to avoid the noise! All the staff were friendly and helpful all the time. I booked 3 nights ended up staying for 8! And after travelling around Bali I stayed 1 more night before I left the country. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank carltonblues
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 6 March 2012

After reading so wonderful reviews about this hotel, my boyfriend and I decided to choose The Island for our stay of 3 nights at Bali. However we found it really disappointing.
First of all, when we arrived at 1am the man of security told us the hotel was full and our booking wasn't registered. Fortunately, he found the reservation and it was just a little scare. However during the 10 minutes of uncertainty, no solution was offered to this situation, really unpleasant.
Secondly, we were given a different type of room from the one we booked, in addition quite dirty, small, with grey towels and the air con did not work. The room was located at the front side of the swimming pool, where people at night talk and you can hear absolutely everything at 3 in the morning.
After this situation we decided to check out and look for another hotel. Fortunately, the nice girl at the reception was really kind and helpful. In fact, she was the only positive thing we got from the Island hotel.
Maybe we did not have luck, but for the same price we had a really nice stay in other hotel just around the corner.

Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
theislandhotel, General Manager at The Island Hotel, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
The Island Hotel appreciates all feedback and is constantly striving to improve our service to guests. Sometimes circumstances can bring about an unsatisfactory outcome regardless of efforts to the contrary. Any criticism is taken seriously and will be given due consideration by management to ensure negative experiences are kept to a minimum.
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Before I depart to Bali, I'm just booked for one night since my flight will arrived in late night and I need somewhere to stay. My friend highly recommended to me on this hotel. So I'm just like why not?!. And yes, this is really good place to stay! So everyday, I'm just keep extended until 6 days in my trip! If you're just simply looking for a cheap dorm, this is not for you. However, if you're looking for further quality than just a normal guest house or a hostels, this is ur heaven! Highly recommended to all you travellers!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank hinnami
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Room: deluxe loft on top floor, the hotel provides a DVD player & movie in each room which was a nice touch.

Brekkie: complimentary breakfast includes 3 of the following: sourdough toast with honey, butter & a gourmet papaya fig jam, fresh cut fruits and/or tea/coffee/fresh juice. I had the blended papaya lime juice everyday, refreshing & delish!

Overall, i found the staff very down to earth and helpful, the location is few mins. walk from main road & short stroll to legian beach!

• Stayed February 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
0.2 km away
2.5 km away
H-ostel
H-ostel
#3 of 206 in Kuta

Been to The Island Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK