- The room was basic but clean and modern. The shower was good, nice and roomy.
- Area modern and fresh.
- Nice view from the tower, shame no one really made the most of it.
- Tucked down a back lane so don’t expect on door drop off.
- No lights along the back lanes heading to the hotel so can be a bit scary
- Breakfast – We just stuck to the basic jam on toast, with fruit. All though this was nice. The staff wasn’t very impressed that we didn’t order more.
- Receptionist seemed to have a bit of an attitude, like she didn’t want to be there, felt like I was putting her out by asking the simplest questions.
- Forget about the complementary massage. I was advised that the massage lady only does one person at a time, is only limited to a few hours at the beginning of the day, and you have to put your name down on the board to get a spot. I was told I would have to wait down stairs at 7:30am in the hope to get a spot for a massage, that may not be until midday. I did go to look at the board nearly every morning, but always found it completely full.
Not the best way to end our holiday
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indonesia's #1 Hostel for Backpackers on Indonesia's #1 destination. Set in a quiet lane-way, just back from Legian Beach, The Island is the perfect base for your stay in Bali. Less than five minutes walk to the famous Double 6 Beach, The Island is surrounded by great restaurants, night-clubs and bars; and the shopping district is right on your doorstep. The hostel itself features 5 double rooms, 2x Private Dorm,3x Twin,2 x deluxe dorm, a very cool rooftop bbq & bar area, an infinity pool, Island Cafe, in-house massage service, Free High Speed Wi-Fi internet, travel desk, airport transfers and most importantly a super friendly vibe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com and HostelWorld so you can book your The Island Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Island Hotel Bali/Legian