The Bali Mandira is in a perfect location and has gorgeous grounds.
My husband and I had a 7 night stay in a Deluxe Club room and felt as if we could have stayed longer. The Mandira is located in Legian which we found perfect - away from the craziness of Kuta but close enough to walk in to Kuta if you are feeling energetic, or cheap taxi ride away (about $2 AUD, if that). The taxi ride is cheap but it can be just as quick to walk due to the crazy traffic. The Mandira is also located close to Seminyak, where there are many beautiful places to eat (Potato Head in Seminyak is amazing and a must visit if you are in Bali - bring your bathers). There are many gorgeous cheap restaurants within easy walking distance from the Mandira too (Mozzarella, Indonational and Bianco's are all on the same street). The food from the Mandira was always delicious and very reasonably priced too. Breakfast was lovely - loved the banana pancakes!
One of the best features we found was the adult pool. As we were there during off season the pools were never overly busy, but it was nice to have a quiet pool to escape to. The adult infinity pool was a brilliant place to watch the sun setting over the sea. We often swam in the normal pool though as during the day it had shade.
The room was clean and well tended to. The air conditioner worked brilliantly, it dripped occasionally but nothing to worry about. The outdoor shower was an awesome touch! Unfortunately it would switch between hot and cool without us touching the tap. We probably should have mentioned it to staff but didnt. A cold shower in Bali isn't that big a deal, given the hot weather!
Staff were always so friendly. We loved the gorgeous J.Free (pronounced Geoffrey) who made us feel welcome and became our friend. The grounds had so many lush flowers and plants. Because of our room type we had free club benefits which include complimentary: soft drink all day, afternoon tea, internet usage, cocktails between 4:00 and 5:30.
The in room wi-fi was slow and often disconnected. Whenever we wanted to use the internet we just went to the computer room as we had free internet usage there anyway. Given that was the only complaint, we would highly recommend staying there to any couples or families. If you are a group of young people looking for nightlife, you'd be better off in a resort in Kuta.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amid landscaped gardens with palm trees, a relaxed resort, simplicity and touched with local warmth and charms. located right to the Beach and within walking distance to all that Legian and Seminyak is famous for, excellent shopping, traditional art markets, trendy restaurants and beach clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bali Mandira Beach Hotel Legian
- Bali Mandira Beach Resort And Spa
- Bali Mandira Beach Legian
- Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa Legian