It was my first trip to Bali and I was very happy overall with the stay at Bali Mandira. I was able to get a last minute booking to a Superior room, not as flash as some of the other rooms advertised but overall clean and cool, a great hide-away from the busy balmy streets. The best thing about Bali Mandira is definitely the friendly service everywhere, very patient and helpful with everything. You feel welcomed and safe there. The roof-top pool is amazing and there's great view for the sunset over Legian beach - a must see! Very good location to walk to Kuta along the beach. Buffet breakfast included in the stay was a great start to each day.
As much as I loved the hotel, there were a few things that could improve - one is the slow drainage in the bathroom where I felt a bit funny standing in residual water while showering and the hand basin has the same problem. Not sure if it's just my room or a general problem. Wi-fi is a pain being very slow and has bad connection even when in the lobby (where the main connection is). It will establish the connection quickly but 9 times out of 10 there's no actual internet, and when there is, it will work for about 5 minutes before it drops out again. Great if you like to throw away modern tech for a few days to relax but frustrating if you need to check emails. There's a wide selection of food available through the restaurants and room service, but the pool-side menu is somewhat limited to western food - would've liked to see more local dishes and snacks available. The room I stayed in was one that had a connecting door, the wall seemed a little thin as I could hear them, and I was worried putting on the TV might disturb them late at night / early in the morning.
Overall Bali Mandira has been a great choice, good value for money and enjoyable experience. I would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amid landscaped gardens with palm trees, a relaxed resort, simplicity and touched with local warmth and charms. located right to the Beach and within walking distance to all that Legian and Seminyak is famous for, excellent shopping, traditional art markets, trendy restaurants and beach clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Prestigia and Agoda so you can book your Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bali Mandira Beach Resort And Spa
- Bali Mandira Beach Hotel Legian
- Bali Mandira Beach Legian
- Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa Legian