“Food was ok, but it's all about the service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Jemme

Jemme
Ranked #14 of 196 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 35
Cuisines: European, Asian, British, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Set in a stylish and comfortable environment, Jemme offers casual dining in elegant and fully air-conditioned surroundings. From tasty lunch offerings to enticing dinner options & an extensive cocktail & wine list, we use fresh ingredients to create delicious home cooked food. Specialities include our sharing plates, baked portobello mushroom, cumberland pie, lobster & prawn thermidor, iced coffee souffle & of course our famous weekend roasts. And if that isn’t enough to satisfy your appetite, you could always opt for a spot of retail therapy in our beautiful adjoining fine jewellery store.
Kerobokan, Indonesia
“Food was ok, but it's all about the service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

Went there on the 14th of February for a lonely lunch)) Actually, needed wi-fi in a nice comfortable place. Ordered soup, salad and dessert plate - all was ok and high-quality, but nothing out of ordinary. Maybe I'm just not a fan of this kind of cuisine. I wouldn't bother writing a review, but an accident occurred which in my opinion shows the unordinary level of service in this place.
I've paid with my VISA, and it happened that money was withdrawn twice. Not that the amount was huge, about 300 000 rupiah, but it was unpleasant. At first I explained the problem to the main waiter, then he called the administrator. She was really nice, attentive and sympathetic, promised to check everything, gave all her personal contacts. And she was speaking perfect English))) As I found out later, the second payment was withdrawn from my account, but as it didn’t get confirmation from recipient’s bank, money was just frozen on my account for a month. But before I was able to find that out, I’ve written a couple of mails to this administrator, which were all promptly and kindly answered, explaining that Jemme’s bank got only one payment and that there was nothing to be done until my bank could provide me with some proof or account statement.
All this can seem ordinary, but, having stayed in Bali for 4 months and visiting different places, I can say that this was far beyond my expectations.

• Visited February 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Perth, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A must do.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

The food is excellent, the decor is gorgeous and the staff more than helpful. There is nothing to fault at this restaurant The food is a combination of western and Indonesian and is beautifully presented. We have enjoyed birthdays and a wedding anniversary at
Cafe Jemme, where the staff have gone more than out of their way to make the celebration so special. Can not praise it high enough.

• Visited August 2011
Perth
“Cafe Jemme is a Star”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Having returned to this restaurant many times, my enthusiasm for the decor, the service and most importantly , the food is never diminished. A great wine list and reasonable prices. Went for lunch and had the crab cakes following by the lobster and prawn thermador. A visit to the jewellery store next door completed a great lunch which was followed by a long nap before looking for another memorable dining experience

Visited February 2012
London, United Kingdom
“A great value cullinary jemme of an experience in Bali”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

We happened upon by Jemme after a couple in the hotel said they had ,had an excellent meal .Well let me tell you excellent does not do the experience justice .We had crab cakes that were moist succulent and full some in flavour and a prawn cocktail (i know i could not resist ) but it was fresh crisp and delightful , for mains Debbie had lobster thermidor , just delicious , the sauce having not not too much cheese it melted in the mouth and i had a local Bali pork dish that was a taste sensation .We washed thsi down with a well made martini to start and great value Chillean Merlot . Service came with many smiles attentive but not suffocating, and the bill was far less than other so called top restaurants we have tried in Bali all in all 10 out of 10 for Jemme.

• Visited February 2012
Sydney
“Sorry, but can't see why this is number 1”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

I have eaten at Cafe Jemme a few times and really don't understand the attraction. The staff are very attentive - maybe too much so? I had a salad the last time and had a bad case of Bali belly about 3 hours afterwards. The restaurant never has very many patrons and I have a problem with the rating of this restaurant. I eat out a lot in Bali and am afraid that I won't be returning to Jemme, unless I want to buy some jewellery, which is lovely.

• Visited January 2012