Lowest prices for your stay
$26
View deal
Free cancellation until 13/08/22
Agoda.com
$24
View deal
FindHotel
Etrip
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 September 2016

Hi, last week I was on Bali for a conference and took three days off for enjoying Bali. Again I was in Villa Arjuna in Seraya Barat because it was so lovely the last time.And again they did it! Hans and the staff of Villa Arjuna gave us a welcome and atmosphere only friends get.
So nice was the food, so nice the view over the ocean, so nice the flowers and the garden.
It was great again, thank you Hans.
Coming home and thinking of my trip and wanting to write a review, I read this review of this Amanda miss from the UK.
Unbelievable and in my view lies. I can not understand people could write such things about these nice people, who are so social and friendly.
I hope Tripadvisor can remove this letter from a person who lost her way of behaving.
Thank you, Catherine la Croix, France.

Date of stay: July 2016
1  Thank lacroixcatherine99
Reviewed 1 June 2016

My wife and I have just left Villa Arjuna after a stay of 4 days.
Villa Arjuna exceeded our expectations and was a perfect break for both of us.
Our room had spectacular views across the Lombok Straights, the gardens were beautiful, staff so friendly, and meals were of a very high standard,
An excellent massage, trip to the mountains, cooking and lunch at a balinese family home after a visit to the market, were all included in the price.
Congratulations to Hans and all his staff on making our visit one to remember.
Mike and Sue from Western Australi

Date of stay: May 2016
1  Thank Mike O
Reviewed 4 May 2016

My husband Joachim said in the plain back home he was homesick to Villa Arjuna. He wanted to go back, back to the nice garden and back to the friendly staff.
Our vacation was so relaxed and perfect.
The room with the fantastic view over the ocean, the sunrise and sunset,the balcony and our honeymoon bed!!!! So nice with all this woodcarving.
The restaurant and the honeymoon cake they made for us, superb.
Hans and his Staff where really very friendly and we where so welcome.
Thank you for staying there and we come back to Villa Arjuna.
Ulrike und Joachim, April 2016.

Room tip: All rooms have ocean view, only 7 rooms.
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank bauerulrike90
Reviewed 20 April 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for 6 days at the end of our trip through indonesia. It was perfect to relax. It is slightly remote, but the owner is more than happy to help you organise a trip or find you transport. The regular guide and driver, Dull, can tell you wonderfully about Balinese life and culture in good English. His wife gives an amazing cooking workshop and cooks for you every night. We had a package deal and knew dinner and lunch were included. Communication about fixed times could have been better, but it never lacked quality (and we never asked, usually they brought us food within 15 min of sitting down.) Next time we will stay here again. Thanks for an amazing end of our honeymoon!

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank LiselotteLN
Reviewed 23 January 2016

Owner was abusive eager. He kept demanding 5 weeks meals and beverages x3/day payment in advance and scooter. I refused as was not eating there regularly. The food was not to my taste as despite writing it down and telling Hans and his staff several times, it kept coming with chill which I cannot eat.
He complained that I was complaining and didn’t like the food.
Several times he came banging loudly on my door to see me. When I asked him to knock more quietly he became angry and extremely aggressive.

When I went away for 2 days (had paid for entire month) Hans was aggressive, blocking us in the drive and not letting us go until he checked my room. I had clearly told him I was going to the airport and would be away overnight, back the next day (room was paid for several weeks).
When I returned he again banged loudly on the door. I again asked him to knock more quietly. He went into a rage. He stomped away and stomped back demanding I leave immediately or if I stayed another night I had to pay 19,000,000 INR.
He then changed the demand to immediate payment.
He held me hostage for over 4 hours. 2 friends came to get me. He refused to let them in or me out.
I was under extreme duress and distress.
I made 27 phone calls to get help,
He approached me aggressively and threateningly several times and blocked my passage.
He demanded 19,000,000 INR from my friend also, locked the gate locking my friend out and me in.
Finally after 4 hours another friend came to help. Hans locked the gates and refused to let my friend in to help or let me out. My friend waited for an hour. The police were called but he did not let them in to see me.
I started to scream “I am not safe, I am not safe.”
His staff and guests would not help.
Eventually after 4 hours Hans suddenly let me go when he realised my friends family are with the police.
I was traumatised, crying and shaking. He held me hostage, he threatened me and tried to extort money ($2,000) from me. When he realised he could not bully me to pay and I had witnesses he eventually let me go.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Amanda N
hanz70, Eigenaar at Villa Arjuna, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2016

After all these months I still have nightmares about this guest and I can not recommend her with other hotel owners or managers. In advance she made a reservation for three days in November, changed it to December, changed it again and changed is again.
When she finally arrived she needed two rooms and ordered also a third room for one of her employees which we never have seen.
She ordered all 7 rooms for the month March for a conference she would organize and she wanted to stay until the end of April 2016.
This all within 3 days of her arrival, we asked her for a down payment or deposit what she refused.
Then we asked to proof she was able to pay for her stay and she became furious. she refused to go to the bank to change some money or anything.
Screaming and trying to put her fingernails in my face.
So I asked her to leave and please now, today, this moment.
She would go with her luggage but I did not let her take her luggage with her.
first pay the bill and then she could take her luggage.
Anyhow, this "lady" is not fit for being our guest again.
Hans on 1 October 2016.