“Great for almost anything anytime ”
Review of Towson Diner

Towson Diner
Ranked #15 of 181 Restaurants in Towson
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

My dad is battling stomach cancer and has to eat more protein and doesn't want eggs all the time. While my husband and I order their omelettes quite frequently, my mom gets their French toast, which is huge. One time my dad wanted pork chops at 9 am . They made it for him. One time I wanted meatloaf and it was still good. This please is truly 24/7 and it's not so crowded either , which is a bonus anywhere in Towson!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Towson Diner

Reviewed 9 July 2017

When I gave the Towson Diner a rating of 5, it's not to say that the food is like what you get in a gourmet restaurant. I know gourmet food, and I don't go to diners for that kind of meal. My rating is about how it is as a diner, and a really good diner is hard to find these days of fast food and overpriced, lousy meals.

If you want a very tasty breakfast or lunch and a generous portion at a very reasonable price, it would be hard to find a better place to eat. Try their omelets or their bagels with lox and cream cheese, or have some scrambled eggs with bacon or sausage and toast. You won't be disappointed. They also do a good job with pancakes, and they have pastries that are guaranteed to add a pound or two to your bulk.

When we spend the summers in Towson, this is our favorite place for an ordinary meal, usually for breakfast but sometimes for lunch. They also have dinners, but remember that this is a diner and not a fancy restaurant, so don't expect four-star cuisine. That's not what you go to a diner to get.

Service is efficient and friendly, and they try to please you in whatever way they can. If you're in the mood for diner food, give this one a try. I assure you that you will be back the next time you're in the mood for diner food.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Went here on Sunday and had an egg white omelet with spinach and mushrooms. The toast was rye and just right. Hash brown potatoes looked really good but I resisted. Great coffee. What could be better!

Reviewed 10 May 2017

We stay in Towson several months each year, and if we want a good meal at a good price, we go to the Towson Diner on York Road. The food is exactly what you want when you go for a meal at a diner. It's not fancy, but it's well prepared, tasty, and always available, 24 hours a day. The menu is varied and has all the main dishes that a diner should have. We especially enjoy the breakfast, whether it's one of their classic omelets or a bagel with cream cheese and lox. The portions are large enough to satisfy any appetite and the price won't cause you to take out a mortgage. And the coffee cup is constantly refilled with very good coffee.

Since this is a diner, don't expect atmosphere or singing waiters or gourmet dining. But if you're in the mood for a good meal this is the place to go. I've been to a lot of diners, and this one is definitely among the very best. You can't beat the quality, quantity, and price. If you're in Towson or just passing through on the Baltimore Beltway and are hungry, give it a try. It's on York Road, a very short distance south of the exit on the Beltway. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

We go to this diner pretty regularly. Since a change in ownership a few years ago, service has been a bit uneven. However, food is what diner food should be. Burgers, sandwiches and breakfast items are best.