Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
ZenHotels.comUS$ 65
getaroom.comUS$ 78
TripadvisorUS$ 62
Snaptravel
Hotels.com
All reviews every morning morning coffee and tea nice fish the dragon local and western food green garden very nice hotel ocean view spa treatments gili islands pancakes great pool infinity pool sea bali porch reef
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 July 2018

Santai Hotel is a small bungalow hotel with amazing view on sea (not all of them) and staff very helpful and at your service for anything. The restaurant offers a nice local and European food not expensive and very nice cocktail.
I would definetely go back there if I go back to Bali.

Date of stay: July 2018
2  Thank dhutsebaut
Reviewed 1 June 2018

I am still daydreaming about our wonderful stay at Santai Hotel! These bungalows are a one-of-a-kind experience that make you feel like you're truly apart of the Balinese culture. Not only are they absolutely gorgeous from the outside, the inside is just about the coolest thing you'll see. I fell in love with the fact that they have two floors, each complete with canopy-style beds. The views from the rooms are breathtaking, as you step out to a lovely sea view or a peaceful garden view. Not to mention, the staff and food were to-die-for. If you want an awesome, unique stay in Bali, Santai hotel is the way to go!

Room tip: All of the bungalows are stunning, but my personal favorite are the ones with the ocean view!
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alexandra B
Reviewed 16 May 2018

Stayed couple of nights in charming Santai. Resort is small and cozy, quiet and relaxing which I really appreciated.

I stayed in ocean view room with nice views to the pool and ocean as well. Room was very comfortable, high standard traditional style, spacious and airy bungalow. In the mezzanine there was another double bed / mattress.

Bathroom was big, partly open air with some plants and flowers. Terrace area was great, really relaxing just to chill there and listen to the waves. (Could have done it hours!) In the morning it was also nice to enjoy your morning coffee there, and take your time to wake up, before heading to breakfast.

I was impressed with the glass waterbottles provided to refill water from the reception and keep cool in the minibar. So no no for plastic ones. Also no plastic straws in the restaurant.

Mosquito repellants were provided, but we didnt see / feel any inside. Some on terrace during sunset.

A rocky beach is just few steps away. Apparently a good snorkling right from there and alternative to swimming pool if you prefer. The pool and pool area was really nice, a tropical lush garden setting.

A lot of activities and daytrips to choose from, check out the catalogue in room! Some of the entertainment and activities are situated in the nearby sister hotel Griya, but Santai guests are welcomed to join, also transport provided to go there.

I chose to have my massage done in Santai beach spa, just next to my bungalow, even though I could have gone to actual Channa Spa (also in Griya). But more convenient this way. And I could enjoy the sound of the sea in the backround and return back to room in few seconds after the massage.

Only thing that could be improved was the breakfast as we thought it was kind of average, Ok.but no thrills. Otherwise the food was pretty good in the restaurant.

Overall we found our stay very pleasant, staff was friendly and helpful. Environment was great and the feeling of tranquility was immediate on arrival. Wish we had bit more time in Santai and Amed!

Room tip: Ocean view room (last one on the right) was quiet and felt private
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rosita J
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at Santai for 4 nights during our stay in Amed. During our travels in Bali, it was the most expensive accommodation we had booked so we had high expectations.

The bungalows are beautiful and set in lovely garden area which is well maintained. The pool over looks the beach which has good coral and good for snorkelling. We had a fruit basket on arrival which was thoughtful.

We were disappointed with breakfast, the potions were quite small (my partner is 6 foot 5!) however the restaurant were very accommodating when he asked for extra. The hotel also is trying to reduce its plastic consumption so there are refillable glass water bottles in the mini bar which are free to use during your stay.

The hotel leave tea and coffee on your porch every morning which is a nice touch.

I booked the hotel under the understanding there was a gym and yoga at the hotel, which there is not. I appreciate working out might not be everyone’s priority on holiday but it is apart of our lifestyle. I did ask on the first day where the air conditioned gym was, however I did not get a clear answer due to a language barrier. I get the impression that these facilities are in a sister hotel, not Santai as advertised. I worked out on the balcony of the bungalow instead.

There is also supposed to be a free shuttle bus into Amed (as the hotel is in the out skirts) but the advertising of this isn’t very clear. We did get dropped off into Amed as the shuttle bus has set times,I believe 5pm you can get dropped off and you can be picked up at 9pm (which was too early for us) anything outside of the set times was an additional charge. Booking this was a little difficult again due to a language barrier, so we hired a scooter instead which is a fun way to get around.

I think all in all we had a good stay, I just think for the amount we paid the hotel should have upped its game. It’s not the all out luxury we had expected, I’m glad we weren’t on our honey moon!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Great sea with beautiful reef at 10 mt from the beach
The hotel it’s categorised 4/5 star in few main website but
Room are very noisy
The room was dirty with stains and hairs in the linen
The extra bed consist in a mattress on the floor
The staff was the less welcoming we had found in the whole Island
Appalling service and ability to address the issues
Unsafe for kids
The home made bread basket consisted in two slices of white sandwich bread
The bed was full of green ants ( and they have a nasty bite)
We will be back to Amed but we will stay in different place

Trip type: Travelled with family