Lowest prices for your stay
$12
Free cancellation until 29/05/22
Hotels.com$12
FindHotel$12
Priceline$10
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

The family are very lovely and friendly. We had a great stay at this homestay while in Amed.
The rooms are a good size and big bathroom. There are some steep steps to get up to get to the rooms so if anybody has any difficulties with stairs this is probably not the right accommodation for you.
Breakfast was good and you’re within easy reach to all the cafes and restaurants. The sunset bar is a great place to go for drinks and watch the sun setting.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2017

beautiful room with views overlooking the ocean, large terrace clean bathroom, because the room is cleaned every day
the owners and staff are very friendly and helpful
just 1 minute to the beach with a nice snorkeling spot, and we can also motor bike to visit another place

Room tip: we like room no#2
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2017

Stayed there 3 nights while visiting Ameh and around, Room is nice with A&C and Fan, big bath room with hot water. Room is made everyday. Te guesthouse is face to the sea across the street, my room is the cheap one so no seaview. However you must go through an opposite resort to get to the beach which is not very nice, better to walk 700m away to go to the bay where you can do snorkling.

Breakfast and dinner are served everyday with many choices. Dish is really delicous and you pay 3 times less than Bali, I recommend Barracuda or Tuna bbq, but curry is very nice too. Price is really good for the portion.

I prefer Amed to Kuta with the laid back life. The guest house can also propose you boat ticket to Gili (with a little surcharge and the van will come to pick you). I definitely recommand this guesthouse. They also take credit card too.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 25 March 2017

I stayed in room #1 for 15 nights (I kept extending on-the-spot) and I was ok there but there are a few points I would like to share.

* Advantages *

- The location is great if you have a motorbike and you can walk as well depending on where you want to go to.
- Wayan, a woman from the staff is very sweet and kind and helpful! She is the nicest from the staff. Suksma Wayan! :-)
- The owners are nice too but I didn't see them a lot so I didn't really have a chance to speak with them.
- The room has a comfortable/big bed with a mosquito net and a nice terrace with sunbeds and a parasol. There is also a covered terrace with a table and chairs.
- The room is really great for the price and location and view.
- AC (not strong but it's enough - a bit noisy though) + fan.
- The beautiful sea view and the great view on Mt. Rinjani on Lombok (I enjoyed amazing sunrises everyday). That's the biggest 'plus' of this room!
- Very good wifi (if no power cuts).
- Make sure you close the bathroom door when you're using the AC and when you're going out (it will keep the room fresh).

In overall, I enjoyed staying in that room despite the following disadvantages but I will not stay there again just because of one staff member (see below).

* Disadvantages *

- Power cuts (very common in the area so it's not the homestay's fault).
- Wifi unstable but it worked very well otherwise.
- One girl from the staff (her name is Illuh) kept on asking me every single day during my 2-week stay if I was going to check out!!! She also asked me where I was going to every time I was going out!!! It was very annoying!
- That same girl did not clean the room properly and I saw that instead of changing the pillowcases, she just switched the pillows from a side to another of the bed...
- The bathroom was not cleaned properly: bin not emptied, toilet paper not provided if I didn't ask for it, I had to ask for a second towel whereas I had two towels on arrival and it's obvious that I need two (one to shower and one for the beach)... (Wayan made sure I had 2 towels when she cleaned the room.)
- They have a daily Hindu ritual so they came twice a day on my terrace to do that ritual which I didn't mind at all (I actually like it :-) ). However, they also came other times during the day to sweep the dead leaves on the terrace (they came at least 4 times a day, which is a lot!) so I didn't really have privacy unless I stayed inside the room and closed the curtains or if I wasn't there...
- The food is unreliable and not always good. I had food three times there and I felt sick twice... I'm lucky to have a resistant stomach and I will not give you details about how I felt but let me just tell you to not have their mie goreng which was really not good. Strangely, I felt sick when Illuh cooked my food so I just stopped eating there. I was fine when Wayan cooked for me (a good tempeh curry) so I have proofs that Illuh was careless from the way she "cleaned" the room and cooked the food.
- The room is not very clean but it's ok if you're not too picky. It was ok for me.
- Walls (in the room and in the bathroom) have big cracks and dampness which made me wonder about the safety...
- You can get disturbed by guests staying in the room on top (you can hear them walking and moving furnitures).
- Very low water pressure from the tap.

In overall, once again, I enjoyed staying in that room (otherwise I would have gone somewhere else) because I loved the view and it was comfortable enough for me. However, I keep a bad feeling with that girl (Illuh) whose bad vibes don't make me want to come back there and that's a pity because it is a nice room!

Room tip: Room #1 was great if you're not too picky
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

The room was really clean and spacious. The standard room offer a nice view on the sea. We took only the fan but it was useless. We can't feel the air in the bed. No possible to have another small fan.

We find the place overpriced for this kind of accommodation.

Date of stay: November 2016