Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 June 2016

We stayed at Wawa Wewe Rock Resort for 2 nights. The pool and view was amazing, the people very helpful and friendly, dinner pretty good but breakfast very average. It was a budget hotel, you get what you pay for. The outdoor bathroom was nice but no hot water. I was quite happy with the hotel until we had no water or electricity for half a day and a night which really put me off (couldn't even flush tthe toilet). The rooms were clean and bed comfortable. It was value for money but quite out of the way. I wouldn't stay there again though.

Date of stay: June 2016
2  Thank evamF2477DN
Reviewed 2 June 2016

There are four Wawa Wewe's in the Amed area. My partner booked "Rock" (she thinks), but they let us stay at the Villas (2). Rock is right down the Eastern end at Lipah Beach... still a lovely place and very intimate.

At Bangunan (no real beach here) you will find Wawa Wewe II Villas (you have to go down a steep, gravelly driveway entry) They are gorgeous! Next door, unfortunately, 'Progress and Development' are evident... very noisy at the time! The staff are very relaxed here... June (Wayan?) was very helpful and has excellent English! He introduced us to the best coffee in Amed (Utani Eatery)... Thanks again for everything June and staff!
Get yourself a motorbike, it's quiet up here and relatively safe, no police to be seen either.
Amed is a bit like... 'Old Bali' (my first trip was in 1984). BUT! It wont be for long. You can do Fast Boat deals from here to go to the Gili's or Lombok. I suspect in low/shoulder seasons you can haggle a bit(?) It was definitely cheaper than prices quoted in OZ.

If I came here again (in May), I would get a bike (in the morning) and secure accommodation by looking and 'doing a deal'. Maybe book your first night if you feel a bit uncertain. There are many options...some right on the beaches (restaurants and bars are at least)

Room tip: Building works next door for next few months. There are two villas that face the sea...most face each other (from a distance) not the sea.
Date of stay: May 2016
Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

Bungalows located apart from the center of Amed. Very quiet, then ocean can be heard, which is rocky, and the overflow pool is like being in paradise.
The bathroom in each bungalow is almost like if you were outside, but still with walls around so people don't see you : no roof above the shower, I loved it! Don't be afraid of being cold, it's more than 30deg outside, and like 27deg at night!
One negative point: the breakfast. Rather light, and a choice of hot drink OR fruit juice... Anyway, I took both paying extra charge (€1!)
Diving and snorkeling is possible just below the hotel, but certainly not the best place.
2 massage "temples" are located just above the ocean, I did not try, but certainly a must do!
I highly recommend this hotel knowing a few things before, what I tried to write here. And forget the occidental comfort : there is air conditioning in the rooms, but there are also mosquitos, and other insects. Not in beds of course, but that's Bali!

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2016

Whilst staying in Bali for a month, my partner and I took a weekend away in Amed and booked this place for a night. We booked a family room with extra beds to have more room, however this did not benefit us as the other beds were not set up, and if a family had been travelling, the 'extra' bed was simply a mattress on the floor in the upstairs section. The room itself was fine, overlooking the sea with amazing views, especially for the sunrise in the early morning. Do be aware that the toilet, shower and sink are all outside with very little cover - this is fine, but we had a storm the night we were there so it made things a little more interesting. Also, the roof of the room leaked above the bed, but again just added to the fun experience of it all.

The infinity pool is great, and hotel staff were helpful in general, replacing the only pair of shoes I had with me which decided to break in the evening and supplying us with snorkelling equipment too. Did not eat at the hotel, but recommend going down the road to Sails restaurant which was great for dinner.

Overall, the hotel is not the best and could definitely do with some updating (and keeping the water switched on at nighttime from 9pm-5am next time maybe...) but it did the job and the views were great. Recommended for an overnight stay but not anything longer perhaps!

Room tip: Sea view room recommended
Date of stay: April 2016
1  Thank pscook
Reviewed 30 April 2016

I had a sea view bungalow, which was perfect.

The rooms are clean, the bathroom is semi outdoor - and I love that!

The food...well...I have had many Satay Ayam (Chicken Sate), but this one was the best I've ever tasted. And also the peanut sauce...yummmm. A fellow traveller was curious after I told her this...she tasted and shared my opinion.

I'd love to go there again. It's just a very nice place to stay, and the price is right.

One tip: go...early in the morning - at around 5 am...out on the sea with a fisher man. We had 3 three hour trip and coming back at 8, the best part of the day already had been experienced...fish, dolphins, see the sun rise along Lombok...it was the best trip I had on Bali to be honest. Just ask for it at the reception. It's not an official tour...

Go, nog regrets, I promise.

Date of stay: April 2016