All reviews nice swimming steep driveway open water course pebble beach huge room stayed here for nights diving center overlooking the ocean low tide great diving liberty wreck denpasar airport watch the sunrise black sand fishing boats gili islands pools
Reviewed 19 July 2017

My husband and I debated for a long time where to stay in Amed and we are really pleased with our choice of Puri Wirata. Our room was beautiful with a full 180 degree ocean view and a balcony. The bathroom seemed a little older then the rest of the room but we didn't care. The room itself was huge and beautiful. The hotel is walking distance to a few great restaurants and have their own restaurant too that is very good. The hotel took care of looks of things for us which was nice so we didn't have to make lots of payments to different people. One evening we even had dinner delivered to our room at no extra cost. We rented a scooter 2 days and would definitely recommend this in Amed. It felt safe to drive around and it was the best way to explore. Not too much traffic and no where to get lost.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2017

Suite was big and worth the value, the dive shop is just located outside the resort's entrance which was super convenient for me and my friend when we want to go diving, dive master and staff at the dive shop were super accommodating and super nice, F&B at the restaurant was delicious and worth the value.

All in all, I would like to come back to Puri Wirata again soon and bring more friends and dive buddies along

Room Tip: Request with the Front office
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Very good stay at Puri Wirata. Our room had a direct view on the sea. Quite good breakfast but it's pity to have couple things in extra charge.
One bad thing is in the beach, there is a guy who tries to lend you snorkeling stuff all the days. It's quite disturbing during the holidays. The hotel should have its own equipments to lend for free to avoid this guy disturb the clients of its hotel.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
BaliReefDivers, General Manager at Puri Wirata Dive Resort and Spa Amed, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Dear Sebastien,

Thank you for your kind words and I'm glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us. We try to give the maximum possible for breakfast, without having to raise our prices too much. Cost of ingredients in Amed is higher than down South, as everything needs to be brought from the South, adding gas and staff expenses. As for the beach sellers, there's nothing we can do about it. We have been trying for years. The beach is not a private property and we can't deny anyone to be on the beach. We do have our own snorkeling equipment for rent at our diveshop (available to hotel guests only). Giving the snorkeling for free doesn't fix the problem, as they will just try to sell something else. The best is to just ignore them or simply say you're not interested.

We hope to welcome you again in the future!

Birger

Reviewed 10 July 2017

The first impression about the place was "Wow". My 83 year old granny was accompanying us. She really liked the place. We had booked 2 rooms that were next to each other. The rooms had a patio that gave a beautiful view of the sea. A couple of us went to the hotel's private beach to watch the sunrise. although my granny could not join us to the beach, she was happy with the view from the patio.

And the swimming pool is awesome. The place is very well maintained.

Not a lot of vegetarian options but the food was good. The staff were willing to serve us vegetarian food upon request although it was not a part of the buffet breakfast. They were also very accommodating when I requested for the breakfast to be packed so my granny could have it in the room.

The staff were prompt with helping us rent a bike as well as taking care of laundry.

The only flip side was the broken wifi and phone lines during our stay. But then again it was a bigger issue that was not only affecting this hotel.

Overall it was a very pleasant experience. I would say its total value for money and I highly recommend the place. I would definitely stay there again if I visit Amed.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

The fifth point is solely because of how the hotel area looks like, built on the side of a hill all the way down to the shore. I particularly liked Amed because of the height differences which of course also offered chance to get some extra excercise under the scorching sun, and wish we could have stayed longer than just for two nights and visit Lipah Beach one more time for snorkeling.

Not quite happy with the brekkie / restaurant selection since the menu looked extensive but stuff I would have loved to get they had run out of. Also power cuts the second night and day of our departure which also seemed to cut off the Wi-fi. Pools were small but our accomodation was spacious and clean with two joined rooms and a huge top floor terrace overlooking the buildings all the way to the ocean.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family