All reviews mini mart cheap room place to stay low season kebun pools perama ocean bali wayan closet internet beginners porch luxury dive mount
Reviewed 7 February 2018

Was with my best friend and a brother to me, Mr. Hafiz. He is an rescue diver, looking for a snap dive at Amed beach. Perfect atmosphere with local genuine traditions. Black rocks beach, crystal clear water. Lovely to dive in for beginner or pro. The ship wreck is awesome to witness.

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel is a bid old but the garden and the 2 pools well care. All staffs is so friendly. The breakfast is very good with direct view to the ocean. We can see dolphins jump from the water while we having our breakfast. From Amed Hotel you can take a walk to Sunset point restaurant to see the beautiful view of Amed and sunset as well. You also can see Mount Agung from there.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank martineclaire94
Reviewed 19 August 2017

Hotel Kebun Wayan & Amed Cafe 2017
Jalan Raya Bunutan 80852 Amed
Karangasem, Bali
Tel: +62 363 23473 or Contact Person 081 7970 8410
I tried to book this place via the internet since I've stayed here before (2016). Unfortunately, I visited to Bali in the HIGH season. I will NOT do that again. After 1 night somewhere else they finally found me a room; a cheaper room than last time with NO mini-fridge but a-ok. My rooms amenities are; 2 twin beds pushed together to “look” like a double bed, SLOW moving ceiling fan, air-con, lockable closet & 2 end tables. The bathroom has; 2 tiny soaps, tissue & a “safe” rock floor in shower. There is a porch outside of the room with “love seat” and a table. The wi-fi does NOT work in my room. A free breakfast is included with the room over at Amed Cafe across the street.
These people have all kinds of stuff; mini-mart, dive store, 2 pools, Perama Transport hub, spa, laundry & motorbike rental; RP 60,000. There is an ATM machine right outside.
They use light bulbs from LAST century.
They let me check in early since I was sick. That's nice.

Room Tip: Countless varieties of rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

The place looks really good, nice different rooms, two pools, ping pong table, etc.

But if you take the cheapest rooms, you get a cold shower only, possibly even a shower in a bath, which makes no sense if it is cold? Who ever said, I'm gonna have a nice cold bath? But since it's a bath you can only sit and not stand while having a shower, so it is already uncomfortable because it is cold and then i can not even stand! Anyways I should stop talking about the shower, because this is not the case in every room. But to continue the sink is more like a pissoire, it feels like this in the way it is designed and if you don't think so, it still feels like the sink is pissing on you, because the water of the sink just falls on the ground near your feet. The toilet also annoyed me in that one room, not gonna elaborate on that.
Done with the bathroom, but no aircon, which in general is a must on hot days, they got a fan, but probably doesn't cut it when it gets hot.

Anyways, it is not all that bad, but I just have the feeling they made the cheapest rooms also kind of uncomfortable on purpose.

Because when we complained we could easily change rooms (it was low season tho) and we got a little better room, but with the same sink, toilet and temp problem, I could just stand in the shower, which was really nice compared to the old room.

They were building some nice things and probably the more expensive rooms are really comfortable, and I might be complaining too much, but I just feel like they wanted to make me uncomfortable in this cheap room and they managed perfectly, but an ok place to stay and the restaurant is ok as well, but would recommend going for different restaurants as well as the taste was not really good or something.

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed here in a room for one night. Dark musty room, open roof so the room was full with mosquitos, gekko's en even we saw a rat escaping the room in the morning. The mosquito net was full with holes en dirty. Even the bed en cushion smells musty. Shower was very low on water. Toilet didn't flush well and the bathroom stinks. The room we got was the worst room in indonesie and we stayed in a lot of hostels. The pool is very nice. Deskstaff wasn't friendly.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Kawayasa, Front Office at Hotel Amed Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Dear Mr Martijn Schoen
Thank you for your recomment, we are sorry abaut the inconvinien, if you give me information directly abaut our problem , we,ll give you other room and give also discount
because like other customer they make comunication and geeting free room.
once agin thank you for your recomment, is improved our hotel to future.

Best Regards