New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of The Gopinivas Grand Kanyakumari

The Gopinivas Grand Kanyakumari
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Kanyakumari
Bangalore
“Worst Hotel to Check in...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

I went for a 3 night 4 day trip to Kanyakumari with my wife....Booked the hotel through clear trip and was excited for the trip. Specially chose the hotel as it mentioned that the hotel had a parking space and we would be driving down from Bangalore to Kanyakumari so it would be safe for the car at night.... My excitement ended right when we reached the hotel there was no parking space for cars in fact the hotel does not have any space of itself in front he space in front of the hotel belongs to the taxi guys and they would not allow you to park your car there so I had to go ahead and search for parking space myself and park my car somewhere else.... Still I tried to be calm and didn't want to spoil the vacation so checked in the hotel.... The rooms was the second let down, it is terrrible, Toilet seat broken, TV not working, window latch broken little wind and the window gets banged against the pannel, bed sheets were stained....Total let down.... The worst was yet to come....Everyday morning 5 am in the morning someone would come and knock at the door and wake you up and ask if you want tea, if you ask it later at around 8 am no one would come with it....The hotel does not have a restaurant of its own whichthey have mentioned they do. The room boy would collect money and go and buy the food from outside and serve you just like you have in train.....the first day I ordered for food from them and the food was pathetic, learnt that it is better to go to Seeba restaurant or Sea view restaurant just opposite rather tthan ordering from them....after the food was over the room boy came and started demanding for money as tip as I gave him some money he demanded that I need to give him more as there were 5 people...was really pissed of at their attitude....The day I was checking out the manager created a fuss demanding more money for no reason....The room boy, drivers around, Security guard started demanding money, whereas I was looking out and parking my car all this while...If you do not pay them they would start talking in their local language and making fun of you including the Manager....This was the worst experience till now and the vacation turned out to be a nightmare.....It is better to check in to Sea Face or Trisea which is more or less the same value per day than checking in the Gopi Nivas Grand actually nothing Grand about it.

Room Tip: It is better to check in to Sea Face Hotel or Trisea Hotel which is more or less the same value per...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank christopherradhika
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Jalpaiguri, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2011

We had booked this hotel from Sangam group of hotels by one who said that he is the manager namely Mr Antony, But when we reached at hotel the person in reception told we have no booking then we had given a choice to go to the other hotel I fail to understand how it happen. What I think no one should book this one in advance. I hard from the other guests that they are having problems also. Their show room is good but go-down is bad.

Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank rajarshibhowmik
Hyderabad, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2011

I would say "please never stay there". Kanyakumari trip was with my wife and the stay over there at The Gopi Nivas Grand spoild the entire trip. Actual hotel name is just Gopi Nivas Lodge. We took a delux A/C room for one day paying 1600/- in which Rs 100 was refundable. When we ordered for tea, after one hour the room boy returned and started knoking on the door to say there is no tea at this time. Again after half an hour or so he came back with two cups cold tea and asked me for tips. Clearly he shown his dissatisfaction over the amount i have given him. The horrible part started lately after our visit to the beach. At night 10.30, again they started knocking on the door then i was taking shower. My wife waited for me to open the room door. Untill i open the door after 10 minutes one drunken room boy was knocking my room for tip. I aksed him why you simply need a tip and disturbing at time time of the day. He started shouting at me, asked me dont you know the local language ? and started demanding that he is the room boy for night shift so he also need money. After watching all this my wife felt scared and we complainted at the reception. One manager, claiming to be served in defence for over 20 years spotted the room boy immediately and answered as if this is a ususal practice there. But the room boy's response was quite unbelivable. Within minutes another family came for vaccating, I saw the manager was shouting to that person for extra amount he needed to pay. His daughter around 17 - 18 years started aksing the manager why shouting like this. All were watching that family like they were caught for some forgery. That night itself i vaccated to hotel sea view just for 5 more hours. When I asked him for the refund amount he blindly said I have crossed 1 more hour. Actually we stayed only for 9 hours.

So, if you are looking for a good say never ever stay at The Gopu Nivas Grand.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
11 Thank mr_trecker297586
India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2010

The name of this hotel shown in web is Gopi Nivas Grand actually it is Gopi Nivas Lodge. I booked one double bed deluxe room for two nights during my trip to Kanykumari through internet during the month of May 2010. I was surprised find after reaching there that the name of the Hotel is Gopi Nivas Lodge and not Gopi Nivas Grand. The room I was given was on the 3rd floor and there was no lift. The furnitures were full of dust the sofa cover stiches were torned and the sponge came out . The Curtains were dirty .The TV was not working and was replaced after complain with a portable TV. The room was not airy and after complaining all these I was given another room . However it was little bit airy but condition all the same . Even when i switched on the Geyser for hot water and ran the tap I got a electric shock from the water and I have to switch of the geyser and ended up bathing in cold water.

All these I am writing because I did the booking through Internet paying advance money and they knew that I have to stay there at their will so that they were not bothered to give proper hospitality.

Please think about the name of the Hotel? Is it not cheating ?

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank tito1974
Jammu City, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2010

We have booked Gopi Nivas through yatra.com....As we have only 01 night in Kanyakumari so we chose this budgeted property. As compared to the rates , the place is well maintained...has a awesome location.....near to all the sightseeing places. You dont need to hire a vehicle as all the tourist destinations are in the reach of 0.5 km except Sunset point...dat is 2 km away. There are lot of restaurants nearby with a wide range of veg food. Overall, I recommend this place if you have a short stay.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple