See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 August 2015

Haveli contains such choices of good rooms and beautiful decoration,
bathrooms are spacious and clean rooms are cosy and comfort bed and
good view through the windows of rooms it is a good choice to stay im educational city of rajasthan.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2015

We stayed in this Haveli 1 night.I realy did not expect such a ,,,pearl in this region.Nice big Haveli;the owners also are living there.We had a nice big suite room,with the autentic furniture,wel decorated,a big bathroom,and a verry silent AC.The breakfast is OK,as also the veg Dinner
The owner lady is verry helpful,and told us the story of the Haveli;also she gave us a lot information about Kota,,Visit the Seven wonders on the lake side(I never heard about it)
Thanks for the nice stay

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rolly04
Reviewed 26 April 2015

The haveli is beautiful ...infact we didn't expect such a beautiful haveli in this area.
The rooms are tastefully done, the bathrooms are good...the ambience of the haveli very nice. The owner lady is very friendly and helpful.
However, the AC of the room was not effective and there was no AC in the dining area.
Though the food was good, it was cold and the rotis were left uncovered in front of the fan which made it hard.
The pricing was very much inflated. though the room tariff is fine, final billing showed that there was an extra exuberant charge on the juice that was offered to us when we entered. the morning tea which was served was again charged extra while there was no tea making facility in the room.
Infact the tariffs of similar kind of hotels in jaipur and udaipur ,which are much bigger places with much more to offer, was much more reasonable. and Kota doesn't have any famous historical places to visit.
The helpers are very slow and do not understand anything.
Also though there is a free wifi, it hardly works

Room Tip: ask for a room with good working AC
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank jyotsna2015
Reviewed 6 November 2014

I booked this haveli through Hotels.com and the photos on the site don't reflect reality.

Having had one of my most dreadful experiences of a hotel, I'm not sure how some guests on Trip Advisor actually gave it "Excellent/Very good" ratings.

To begin with, it's literally a building site. When I arrived, there was nobody at the front desk. Why? Because there is no front desk!! There was a cloud of dust, a load of workmen, piles of bricks, tools and every other obstacle you can think of. I knocked on various doors but nobody answered and in the end, one of the workmen went off to find the owner.

Indira finally appeared and told me that I was the only guest as - you guessed it - there was major renovation going on. My question to her was why didn't she put some sort of advisory on the website to tell potential guests thereby giving them the option to choose another hotel/haveli? She assured me that she was not going to accept any other reservations - but that was a little late for me.

She then led me up some stairs to my room. The stairs had just been completed so there was NO banister or hand rail and a drop on to a concrete floor of about 15 feet once you were at the top. She didn't seem to think there was anything wrong with exposing her guests to hazards like these. Dust was everywhere; the trees in the courtyard were covered in a fine white powder. You can see from the photos that there were piles of building materials and unfinished areas everywhere. She optimistically told me that an area that was clearly under construction would be finished "by tomorrow".

Since I had arrived in the middle of a building site, there was NO a/c or television in the room and the outside temperature was around 29C. The bathroom was disgusting beyond belief. Really filthy and there aren't enough words in the English language to describe the almost threadbare towels hanging on the rail, which, by the way, had loads of black finger/hand prints on them. The bathmat - if you can call it that - was a full size towel that had been cut in half and basically stitched around the edges to stop fraying.

I can put up with the lack of television and a/c. What stunned me was the total lack of warning from the owners to the websites that hosted their hotel to say that they were in the middle of a massive - and much needed - renovation. Furthermore, the owner's lack of concern to the clear and obvious dangers her guests were exposed to because of the renovations was alarming at best and uncaring at worst.

This was one place you need to avoid.

Room Tip: DO NOT stay here - that's the best recommendation for this awful, awful place.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Chris75058
Reviewed 18 July 2014

the service, staff, food were great. we needed to change our train tickets and were so concerned what would happen if we didn't get it. the host was very helpful to provide us all the possibilities. we were relieved by his assistance. thanks for providing us a comfortable stay and the great hospitality.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank nobodycanbetold