All reviews paddy fields takes personal care humble person budget property serene location river facing house boat back waters the cottages wonderful experience small boat boat ride mr hospitality backwaters houseboat kerala
Reviewed 28 August 2017

We booked two room A/C houseboat in the month of August 2017.House boat was quite clean & nicely maintained.Staff was good & hospitable.Food was delicious.It was a wonderful experience to travel in backwater in this motor houseboat The houseboat navigate through different channels & one finds amazing view everywhere

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Stayed with family on 15th august in house boat and our experience was truely awesome. Booked rooms but after reaching there since house boat was available we changed it to houseboat. Clean nice rooms, 5 star rated service with good food, what else is required. Staff was very much co-operative and that was best part. Loved the experience of staying there.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jatin0209
Reviewed 28 February 2017

Visited this place in Feb, 17. Selected this place based our search on TripAdvisor and it's ratings. But let me tell you we were not at all disappointed when we entered this place. Situated alongside serene backwaters, this has a lovely view with amazing staff & food. But if u are expecting a five star accommodation, this not the place to be. The rooms are quite average, with all basic amenities & no WiFi. Sometimes u will locate ants moving inside the room. There is a small place to play badminton alongside the amazing view. If u want to have a different experience, then this place is highly recommended. Next time I visit alleppy, I am gonna stay here only. Amazing hospitality and mesmerising view. 9/10 for sure ☺️☺️

Stayed: February 2017
Reviewed 22 February 2017

The resort has a very nice location right on the backwaters. Unfortunately at the time of our stay the whole of the resort was empty. The resort is at an isolated place, which is good, if you are in a group or the resort is fully booked. The staff had been extra ordinary helpful, especially Me. Kiran.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

My husband and I visited this property in January. Stayed here for one night. It was difficult to kill time here.
It's a very affordable property. Budget property. They are not charging a lot which is a good part.They do give you a neat and clean room which is good for one night.

Staff : You will barely find any staff .
Looks like the guy at the reception also happens to be the guy who manages kitchen , bathrooms and so on. We happened to see only two people. Justin and Vineet.

Vineet is a sweet boy and he also happens to be a hotel management intern. Since morning till night he is the only guy seen to be up first in morning and last one to go to sleep too.

The manager appears to be arrogant and doesn't seem to be warm or hospitable. He has airs as if he has done quite a bit in maintaining the property.
All you will find is barely interested staff. Clearly very unwelcoming staff. Weeds growing everywhere . No maintenance in any way !!
Dirty washroom. Flush not working.
Dirty bucket and mug. No handshower.Dirty tables and dirty tablecloth in restaurant .

There are two separate eating areas. They call it restaurant. And expect you to eat near filthy pond like area adjacent to restaurant that has plants that you find in dirty ponds .
As soon as we checked in and we were still standing at the reception, Justin handed over the "xeroxed" one side printed menu card.
And he appeared to be more anxious about what we are gonna order for dinner.

It was still lunch time!

Never were we welcomed like that. But it appears to be the ritual in Alleppey

I say, Give me one good point to boast about you and I'll forget the other disappointments.

Sadly, none.

Room : Average. View is good from bed. A beautiful sketch hung on wall caught my attention. It's a kathakali sketch. Probably made by some budding artist.

No intercom. No toothpaste. No shampoo. No basic amenities in room.

Food: Bad. As bad as you can expect. I have never ever been so disappointed on any holiday.

Even when we told them that we would hv dinner at 9, they came at sharp 8.
We felt pressurised to have dinner at 8 so much that made us feel as if we were like an unwanted guest.

As if they wanted to get over this dinner thing asap so that they can close restaurant and get away from this "burden".
I saw Vineet and Justin working morning till evening. They were in kitchen, cooking, serving at restaurant and at reception too.
Multitasking. I saw Vineet was cleaning houseboat along with a helper.
Insects in open restaurant. Obvious.

Food was below average. Initially after serving, nobody came to ask for anything at all if we needed.
Felt as if they were escaping lest we asked for something else or more.
I had to go to the kitchen to ask for salad.
Salad did come.
Unfortunately when we had finished eating. It came in our room.
Fault of the management. There was one woman and a girl in kitchen. Along with these two guys. It's pathetic that even than they can't handle three guests at one go.
Only three rooms were occupied that night.
All three couples.

We took their houseboat for day tour and it was disappointing at a different level. One hour we stayed at the old church. One and half they took for lunch break.
And no good scenic beauty was seen on the route they took us.
Though the food served was fine.
And the guys at houseboat were very nice and respectful. I enjoyed chatting with them.

Not recommended.