Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Nice houseboat. Mr Subhash is co-operative. Neat and clean rooms. Affordable, lovely arrangements, tasty food and excellent staff. Love to see that they ahead the time of check out on our request. Prefer this houseboat for pleasent and calm stay in Alleppey.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

I'd like to give this place a 4 star for Mr Subhashs incredible hospitality and effort to put me and my family at ease but would still like to do justice to how I felt after spending a day here. To start with, the property is undergoing renovation so you're redirected to mr Subhashs residence which is very basic accommodation which certainly won't excite you if you're looking for a place with a view , I moved into their houseboat the same evening which was a very average experience as the houseboat again is very basic and certainly not comfortable for family , with the place teeming with mosquitoes and nocturnal insects in the evening . The crew was good and so was the food but if you're looking for a comfortable place for family this certainly isn't it

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank RavissantM
Reviewed 13 August 2017

I had stayed at Ashtamudi Homestay 3 years back and due to their excellent hospitality and houseboat, stayed there again 2 weeks before. As mentioned in the title, they arranged for a very good houseboat, even better than the one we had 3 years back. Uma, the host, prepares delicious dosas - the same experience that we had 3 years back. We also noted that the homestay is undergoing renovation, especially they were making some changes in bamboo rooms.

Overall, I have been always happy and satisfied with the host couple and would like to stay here whenever I come to Alappuzha. Thank you Subash and Uma for your hospitality and kindness! :-)

Room tip: As the rooms are under renovation, things will be changed after a few weeks. So difficult to comment at present...
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2017

We made mistake by booking this place by reading the reviews but I didn't notice that those reviews are very old.

We waited outside for like 1 hours after reaching the property because the owner was not available at the place. You'll see a big and nasty fish tank which wasn't cleaned from a long time.

1. If you are booking "Ashtamudi Homestay" then your experience is going to be horrible. I think they have to build another lodge with some other name but "Ashtamudi Homestay" is like 50 years old property and dusty.

2. Make sure the RATS should not be chewed up a Bags and Cloaths.

3. We could see WORMS in bathroom water. We used drinking water while brushing our teeth.

4. The bed was full of Bugs.

5. Mosquito will drink your blood for the whole night and you can't expect quality sleep.

You can find better hotels at this price.

Room tip: Horrible Experience. Think twice before you book.
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

It was really a nice visit to this home stay we were supposed to check in early due to our train timings from Bangalore but the Subash sir and UMA madam arranged it ,I am very thankful to them madam prepare nice yummy disaster and Channa curry

Date of stay: December 2016