All reviews smaller boat upper deck the river one night highly recommend this company changing scenery house boat night cruise sun deck crew members man crew recommend this trip relaxing cruise wonderful experience prawns overnight stay air con
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Xandari Riverscapes

This is a must for everyone who visits Kerala. Relaxing while floating down the backwaters is one of the most tranquil experiences we have ever had, Xandari are experts.

We did a 2 night cruise and had a team of 3 looking after us, catering for our every needs. Rajeev, Shree and Shubu were amazing, so friendly and helpful.

The food was amazing and lots of it. From local fish caught that day to fruit and veg there was always and superb spread, and cook perfectly in a spotless kitchen.

The accommodation was lovely and clean and spacious. One of the most comfortable beds I have slept in. The bathroom and shower we perfect. There was a nice deck on the top to watch life go by as well as a lower deck to relax away for the sun.

Xandari were so helpful with the booking and arranged a taxi to collect from Cochin airport, a bit of a trek but made it easy.

If you are looking to create a memory for life and an experience you will nurture forever then do this.

Thanks Xandari, will never forget this experience, there are other companies doing this but not as good, or at the quality of this company.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Xandari Riverscapes was exactly what we were looking for and then some! I went with Xandari based on reviews from booking.com and I am really glad I did. It was a bit pricey I admit, but I felt it was well earned. The staff members were so kind and attentive and I cannot say enough good things about the food! Absolutely delicious (note: if you are a vegetarian, definitely mention beforehand as we did have fish for lunch and dinner; it was amazing) and getting to drink fresh water from a coconut upon arrival was lovely. It was also a nice relief to have Xandari take care of transportation for us upon checking out; they arranged for us to have a driver for the entire day to slowly drive us up the coast to Kochi where we flew out of the airport. Basically, cruising along the backwaters has so far been the highlight of my trip to India. A really great experience.

There was more litter than I would have liked to see on the backwaters, but that is by no fault of the company. Just sad to see humanity treating nature like this across the globe.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
GM_Xandari, Manager at Xandari Riverscapes, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Madam,

Thank you for the feedback and extremely happy to know that you stay with us was as expected. All the staff who are employed and professional and trained to ensure all guest staying with us has a memorable experience. We Xandarian’s are committed to the conservation of the backwaters and we are the only company with own sewage treatment plant to ensure no waste is drained out into the backwaters. Also, we use paper straws and avoid plastic bottles which is replaced with glass bottle filled with purified drinking water.

We hope to have you back with us in near future.

Reviewed 11 January 2019

We spent 24 hours on the Karamanayar hosted by Shabu, Sammy and the Cook Jimmy. We set off from Alleppey to our ultimate destination Kumarakom. From the minute we got on board we were treated superbly in the very clean and well appointed rooms. It was spotless. We enjoyed a totally local based diet and had remembered to take beer and wine with us. Although traffic was heavy to begin the horizon broadened and we were treated to fantastic glimpses of life on the backwater. Our bedroom appeared to smell a little of diesel fumes once we tied up for the overnight staybut otherwise we could not fault the boat crew or the company. I totally recommend this company

Madam

We extremely happy and excited to know that your stay on board "Karamanayar" boat exceed your expectations. The point raised on the smell of the diesel fumes has been checked and rectification has been done.

Looking forward to you future stay with us

Reviewed 2 January 2019

There are just too many boats to choose from! The agency I booked my driver suggested Xandari so we did go with them. We stayed on Periyar (just my husband and I) for 1 night and had a great experience. I expected a bit more luxury for the price, but it was ok. We had a great crew, 3 people in total, which made up for the 'lack of luxury'. Food was nice and plenty and we enjoyed cruising around. After lunch, we changed to a smaller boat and went through some smaller channels and this was very cool. I would recommend Xandari.

Date of stay: December 2018

Sir/Madam,

We value your valuable feedback on your stay with us. All our boats are built on the traditional concept of "Kettuvallam", boats used for transportation in around Alleppey, but with modern touch in every aspect. Staff are professionally trained to ensure the guest staying with us leave with good memories. Canoe ride is one of the highlight of the trip which gives a insight view of village life. Thank you for recommending Xandari and wish to have you back with us for a longer stay

Reviewed 21 December 2018

We had our house boat with a crew of three to take us on a cruise of Kerala's backwaters. The crew included our own chef who prepared lunch, dinner and breakfast for us. All we had to do was sit back and enjoy the sights.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GM_Xandari, Manager at Xandari Riverscapes, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Sir

Thank you for your valuable feedback on your stay with us. This is the uniqueness of stay in houseboat where in you have your chef & staff for personalized service & enjoy the mesmerizing beauty of the backwaters.

Looking forward to your future stay with us.