4 people are viewing this hotel
$121
Free cancellation until 08/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
$145
Agoda.com
$109
Priceline$121
eDreams$121
1,040 results
All reviews butterfly garden private beach swimming pool clean beach beach side nice pool lovely resort front office restaurant staff welcome drink property kerala ayurveda greenery nature ducks cochin
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 May 2022

Had great time with family, awesome experience, friendly, hospitality customer service staffs.
Buffet & ALC is simple and tasty dishes with reasonable price.
Beautiful cleaned beach.
We would like to revisit this resort.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2022

Great place to unwind - Hygienic, Clean & a Team of people who are ready to help you out -

Super pool to dip, and the Food -Nothing to say, true authentic Kerala style & mouth watering Fish curry, Chicken curry with fried chicken which our family always admire and the entire veg section including with that awesome tomato soup--Chef & Culinary Team - A big salute.

The team starting from the entrance gate till the guards at Beach always concerned about your safety, kids care - being a hotelier( frankly I didn't say that) I feel proud of.

Ratheesh & team at Front Office, Bipin with Team Service, Sajeesh and Team housekeeping, Vismaya @Ayurveda and with the Leader Sreejith (General manager) who made it grand and always available 24/7 for any requests and concern, a gem of a hotelier.

Recommended if you are going to Alleppey or Mararikulam...A Beach destination.

Woww*****Abad Turtle

Renjith Menon.

Room tip: A good beach destination
Date of stay: April 2022
1  Thank renjudeviabhadra
Reviewed 30 March 2022

Property-10/10
Food-½/10
Service-8/10

Amazing property- loved the fruit trees and plants throughout the property.the butterfly garden was beautiful. Thoughtful hammocks and swings. Nice pool. A little library, cycles etc. Everything well maintained.
Horrible Food- or maybe they don't even deserve ½! By far the worst food experience from any resort/hotel i have stayed at. My baby had a sip of the welcome drink which she puked once we reached our room. Ordered sweetcorn chicken soup and curd rice. The soup was a sorry excuse which smelled eggy. The curd rice was lip puckering sour and had so much hing/asafoetida, we lost our appetite.
Dinner buffet had a lot of items but non of the north Indian gate tasted good- dal makhani, bindi do pyaza etc. Moreover by morning I had diarrhea and was vomiting bad, what i ate the night before. Thankfully I was as good as new, once my stomach emptied the contents of the night before.

Good service. No complaints. They offer towels on the way to the beach, and there is a shower to wash away the sand and sea water before getting into the rooms. Everything everywhere is immaculately kept. Only suggestion would be to add mats at the entrance , and especially the toilet entrance.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2022

We wanted a nice beach getaway in Kerala to spend some relaxing time as we were on a visit to Kerala from Mumbai. Abad Turtle Beach with private access to the Mararikulum beach was just out of the blue and one of our best trips.
The resort is just a lovely fairytale place for people who love nature. They have ducks, rabbits, cows, cranes(wandering around), butterfly gardens, lots and lots of ponds around, lots and lots of flaura and fauna and lovely independent houses.
Secondly, the staff is the most courteous and helpful who will go out of their way to help you. The rooms are made in the traditional kerala house archietechture. They are very comfortable with open to the sky bathroom. Very spacious and big rooms and bathroom.
Food is great, though I would have preferred more Kerala cuisine on the platter. As I am a pure vegetarian, it is difficult to get my choice of food but here the restaurant manager went out his way to get me good vegetarian food, infact, some dishes specially made for non-veg was made as vegetarian preparation for me. Specially try paneer pollichath, it was just awesome.
The Ayurveda spa was again great. You get all required advise from an experienced doctor and then take the treatment you want. For me Vismaya my masseuse was excellent.
The beach is very well kept - neat and tidy with a very friendly lifegaurd who has eyes for all the guests of the hotel, checking their safety and being there if the guest ventures much into water.
Overall it was a great and wonderful experience. We were 2 ladies from Mumbai and little skeptical when we ventured for this trip and that too during these covid times. Doubtful of every other thing, but returned absolutely happy, delighted and relaxed.
Infact, I have already decided to visit Abad Turtle Resort with my family soon.

Room tip: Choose the Ocean view room.
Reviewed 19 March 2022

We spent two nights at Abad with our 4. y.o. This spacious property had us ambling along, enjoying the the vegetable garden and playing a bit of badminton during the day. The butterfly garden was more of a garden with only a few butterfly species, but was good nevertheless. The room was clean and cozy, and what I enjoyed most was the presence of a hammock nestled under trees in the backyard - I've been to a few resorts in recent times, but haven't seen so many hammocks attached to nearly every cottage like at Abad Turtle! Also, there's not a lot to explore in the property but you can always laze about in a hammock. One of the main highlights here is the food. Not only are the options many to choose from, but they were absolutely delicious and reasonably priced. Needless to say, the beach is a couple of minutes walking distance from the room and is very clean and not crowded at all. I must also mention that our hosts were quite warm and friendly. Would recommend Abad Turtle to anyone looking for a beach vacay stay.