Turtle Beach Resort of Mararikulam is a perfect example of a holiday - green, noise-free, serene and beautiful. The experience starts right from when you enter the resort and cross the small wooden bridge to the lobby area. The welcome drink is very refreshing and the first sight of the resort is also impressive.
Then porters will guide you till your room - you need them since the sprawling resort has very sparsely populated cottages across the property.
Rooms are very decent and spacious with big sit-outs and clean and tidy restrooms with a sky-light! The beach is practically a private one for the resort guests since there's not much population around. The sand color is awesome and the sea a bit quiet - so that gives a leisurely touch to the vacation - perfect in tune with the resort's theme.
In the evenings one can have a very good time around the spacious elevated swimming pool area and after that can straight away head to the adjoining the restaurant. Food is decent but a bit expensive but the ambience is awesome. particularly go for the beverages - they make good mocktails.
Mornings are particularly spectacular - with a huge abundance of flora around the resort. Also due to quite a lot of tall and leafy trees, the sight of sunlight peeping thru' the leaves is spectacular - especially for city-dwellers.
The ayurveda center is good I've heard although I don't have a first hand experience.
One minus though is the kids park - not at all maintained - in fact practically unusable when I visited. Also there're patches of property which are under renovation or not maintained (the less visited corners) - that's sometimes not a happy scene given the tariffs. Another thing, room service from the restaurant is also not good.
From shopping front, don't expect anything since the resort is located in a remote location.
Overall, I would recommend this resort for a leisurely family vacation. Go for it - you would remember this resort for a long time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spread across an area of 13 acres of land, Turtle Beach Resort is ideally located at Mararikulam, a fishing village about 30 kms from Kochi. The resort overlooks the white sandy Marari Beach and has a rivulet flowing on one side. Stretching across the expansive area are 16 cottages comprising 29 beach cottages and villa. Facilities: The rooms are spacious, air-conditioned with en-suite toilets and individual patios. Room are equipped with TV, telephone, fridge, tea/coffee maker and individual safe deposit locker, Ayurveda centre, doctor on call, currency exchange, credit card accepted, travel arrangements. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, ClearTrip, Expedia, Yatra and HotelQuickly so you can book your Abad Turtle Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abad Turtle Beach Hotel Alappuzha
- Abad Turtle Beach Kerala/Alappuzha