Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 October 2015 via mobile

For the price we paid I would call this stay disappointing.. Sorry to Gigi and his family but they need to change some things to make this a more comfortable stay!

The rooms are average (hard beds, Mosquitos everywhere) the price for dinner is expensive (350) especially because there are no other options for dinner in the surrounding area.. That also goes for lunch, you have to walk quite far to the nearest village to get lunch

We got charged for water which we personally thought was free of charge with our meals but only got half a bottle each. The rooms were also not cleaned at all during our stay, and the communal area was not cleaned also so it was pretty dirty by the end (with no bins for rubbish anywhere, and I ended up sweeping the area myself)

If the price was cheaper this would of been a great escape on the backwaters! Hope they take this message to fix some little problems with the place!

Ps. When we left we were put in a rickshaw by the owner to the train station (4km away) and we were charged 150 rupees.. I brought this up with gigi as I KNEW it was too expensive (we had done the trip before) so was unfortunate that he ripped us off!

Some upsides to the stay were that the food was really nice.

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Patrick T
Reviewed 21 March 2015

This home stay is situated on the backwaters not far from the Sri Krishna temple at Amballapuzha. The beautiful garden is a wonderful place to relax and watch the world go by. We were able to visit Alleppy for shopping and Arunmula to see where the famous mirrors are made. The food was as delicious as ever and Jiji and his family are excellent hosts. I'm sure we will visit again

Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank manwelldexterity
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I had been to this place 2 years back. Its a nice place to relax. Location is superb. Evening we went to back water with a small boat for 2hrs. That is was a superb experience. People are also good. They take care of their guest. I recommend this place...

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We stayed at five places on our three week journey around Kerala and this was the best. JiJi and his family are lovely and couldn't have been more helpful The food was fantastic, the ambience peaceful and always interesting, from the little boys having swimming lessons in the river at 6;30, to the egrets returning to their roosts at 1830!! Bliss

Room tip: Rooms facing the river are the best.
Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My wife and two of our teenage children enjoyed a return visit to JiJi John's home stay. Our experience was even better than our first time seven years back. No big sights or pressure to do anything, just simple trips around the place for a massage or a boat ride, although the "stay back" option was always popular too! We all swam in the river and my son fished all day long, even catching a plate size karimeen. JiJi's wife Dhisha cooks an amazing variety of foods each day and happily had me hang over her shoulder one evening in her kitchen.
Highly recommended for anyone looking for a simple but perfect experience Ina five star location.

Room tip: Cottages are more atmospheric and larger options
Date of stay: January 2014