We stayed for only a night but it was the best part of our Kerala trip! The rooms are tastefully done with old world charm. It reminded me of my grandma's place in konaseema, andhra. Lake view room are the best. Telugu movie 'oh my friend' was shot there about a year ago. My son instantly recognized it seeing the ambience and staff. Our boathouse came and picked us up from the resort and dropped us back there. Lot of activities are there for kids - cycles, trampoline, yoga, pool etc. Only thing I missed was authentic Kerala cuisine at their restaurant. Most of the fare was regular north/south indian stuff you get in any restaurant. Overall, it is a best place to chill and enjoy nature's beauty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Punnamada Resorts is nestled on the serene banks of Vembanad Lake and gives a world of heritage and luxury. The divine ambiance and the hospitality lead to a total relaxation of mind, body and soul and it highlighted the rich heritage and the essence of Kerala in its true form with a focus on the eco system and being an environment friendly resort by taking initiative in various fronts. The green leaf certified Ayurveda centre at Punnamada puts a new life into yourself and to regain vigor and vitality and lead a stress-free life. The essence of Kerala and its magical backwaters can be experienced aboard Punnamada’s exclusive 'Kettuvallam' (houseboats) by the resort, the houseboats of Punnamada equipped with the best of luxuries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, ClearTrip and Agoda so you can book your Punnamada Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punnamada Hotel Alappuzha
- Punnamada Backwaters Hotel
- Punnamada Resort Kerala/Alappuzha